I booked a room in this inn twice. It's very near the Philippine Orthopedic Institute where I have an appointment. The first visit was perfectly okay. The receptionist was very accommodating and nice. I checked in very early in the morning and it's great that there wasn't any hassle whatsoever. The bed in my room is good for two people which is welcome even if I checked in alone. The room was windowless but this is fine since there's no view outside anyway. This I believe is an intentional feature to minimize noise coming from the outside.
My second visit is not that okay. This time I'm with my girlfriend, I checked in around 12 noon. The counter has a sign which indicates that they accept major credit cards for payment. I booked a room because I have another appointment with my therapist. I needed it for only 12 hours, since paying for a whole day doesn't make any sense as I have to leave around 7pm because I have to work at 8pm. When I asked my girlfriend if she's going to use her cc, the front desk personnel asked whom I recall is named Cecille, "What card?" in a very condescending tone. I said credit card and again she used the same smug tone and announced “No, no, we don't accept card payment for promos”. She referred to the 12 hour stay as a promo although it's not indicated anywhere in the premises that indeed it was. But hey she’s the employee and I’m only a lowly guest, so I took her word for it. I could have argued, but I was tired and I really needed to sleep.
The accommodation itself is okay for its price. I just can't help but be annoyed with the front desk personnel. There's no reason to be smug since she's working in the hospitality industry. She must be tired of her job. It’s sad that her singular unacceptable behavior can pull down the overall performance of the property. And please, if there are limitations, say to using credit card for payment, put up visible notice/signs or at least include information in your flyers and/or website.
I expect the general manager to respond and maybe defend his employee. But even if this were an isolated case, it’s still unacceptable.
There's a very big possibility that I'll book another room in the future, but I'll make sure the receptionist is the nice one, otherwise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makati International Inn boasts of only 24 rooms for great attention to low volume of guests. Round the clock home cooking. Sound proofed rooms with white noise generators defy the raging city at our doorstep to give guests a restful oasis.Enjoy reasonably priced accommodations for budget conscious travelers who don't want to bust their wallets for a decent hot shower, a clean comfy bed in a sound proofed air conditioned room without windows to completely shut out city noise! Free Internet in the lobby coffee shop but wired Internet in rooms with small charge.You will get what you,pay for and as long as your expectations match the price paid, you'll be satisfied with the accommodations. Thousands have stayed with us and if we get 10 complaints out of a thousand, this can't be too bad, can it? Give us a try and if you find the reviews incorrect, please let us know!!Cheers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Makati International Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makati International Hotel Makati
- Makati International Inn Metro Manila