“Wonderful place and excellent service”

Dining at Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #3 of 1,416 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Personalized service,thank you rodel,Leonor,Jane, Leo, Henry,Mike,Jun, chef William,Mariel,Riza,Mildred Jun lagatuz you made our 20th wedding anniversary remarkably amazing!!!no !! Awesomeness too!!!

There are newer reviews for Dining at Makati Shangri-La Manila

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The best place I've stayed and it's complimented by the great food and over the top service. I was able to try a lot of the local foods and it was a pleasant surprise. The hotel looks great, the servers were on top of everything while keeping a positive and pleasant attitude.

We tried the lobby food - 4/5
The Buffet - 5/5
Sage - 5/5

Only can recall one dish that was not to my liking which was a chicken entree inside the buffet but that was at the end of their breakfast and beginning of lunch so may of been bad timing. Overall the selection of menu items and restaurants made the trip one of a kind. Can't wait to go back and eat more!!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love the lobby and its view. Its very spacious and elegant. I remember one time I was in college and we entered to ask for something in the front desk and they didn't even entertain us because maybe we were in our uniforms? i get it were just students youre not gonna get anything from us, just a lot of questions maybe. lol. Anyway, but it was a good experience when i visited again. We ate in the japanese restaurant and it was good, pricey but okay. I had fun in the lobby anyways.

2  Thank Diana L
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is one of those places that you know its only expensive because your paying for the atmosphere. Yuck! Did not finish the main course or the dessert. The service had apathy written all over their face. I am appalled as to how this restaurant that just looks like a lounge got a 1st place rating.

Okay the good. The atmosphere is impressive, very similar to Las Vegas. The security seems good, i liked how the guard records what taxi you got in for your safety and in case of left behind items. The chair is comfortable and there is a lot of space between you and another table so you can talk business. Music is good and classy background noise.
This restaurant screams rich but it needs a dress code. My wife and i were moderately dressed up while i look around and i see slippers and white t-shirt.

4  Thank Aehama
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We dined at the Horizon Club on the 24th floor whenever possible. Best beef tapa I ever had. Made to order eggs...the eggs benedict was delightful. Stay on the club floor. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Tony A