“Happy Tummy...Happier Hubby...Happiest Birthday!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Circles Event Cafe

Circles Event Cafe
Ranked #23 of 1,340 Restaurants in Makati
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: When it comes to engaging, casual dining, Circles Event Cafe captivates food lovers with its fascinating open-theatre kitchens. Each station features its own selection of specialties, ranging from cold appetisers to seafood, Western cuisine to Asian cuisines, and desserts.
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Happy Tummy...Happier Hubby...Happiest Birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

What I would imagine from a buffet that serves international dishes.Definitely a gastronomic indulgence.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Makati, Philippines
“Circles Event Cafe Uneventful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was recently at the Makati Shang and was not aware that Red (the restaurant) is closed for remodel. As I had always heard good thing about Circles we decided to check it out. We were seated at around 830 and from the look of the buffet line it appeared they were planning to close soon but I was told they are open till 11. started at the sushi seafood area and was told oysters are only available on Monday nights which was disappointing but opted for some sushi. After the sushi the rest of the buffet was a complete let down. I have posted a few pictures not the same as you see in the advertisements. The Shawarma station only had a few scraps, cheese platter was a joke, salads, mains and the desserts all looked very unappetizing. I was really surprised at the quality and presentation of all the food items as this is so not Shangri-La style.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Best buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Circles restaurant is lovely. Great atmosphere, great serivce and definitely the BEST buffet I have ever had. The food was fresh and hot, fresh juices, delicious coffee... really anything you want you can get here.

It's not overly busy so that you can't navigate around. There is always staff nearby to assist. I ordered a custom omlette and it was seriously the best one I've ever had. The cheese was perfectly melted and fresh crisp veggies. Bacon, sausages were wonderful and not too salty.

Defintely check this restaurant out for a breakfast/brunch buffet. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012
quezon city
“Not what we expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Do not expect too much when you dine in Circle event cafe, i made my reservation on line, since this will be a lot cheaper than going there as walk in, they have this promo " the chase" that if you book on line the rate would be ph1580net per person , compare with 2200+ per person. make sure you print the one that they send you on your email not just give them the confirmation number, because they cant check it even if its with confirmation number (kinda weird since everything is computerize )
The staff are not too friendly/ warm , i asked a certain waitress to help me with the coffee maker , the one which you have to insert a coffee tablet, she just told me that another waiter will help me but no one came, i just stood there for 5 minutes and trying to catch any waiter or waitress eye but everyone are just plain busy. i decided to go back to our table, on my table i saw the waitress (same person) and asked for a coffee ( mind you, not help anymore), what she did is she called another of her colleague and tell him to give me the coffee and turn her back on me, the way she said it, its like she is annoyed at me, but when she reach the table across us, she was all smile, holding the bottle of wine for the foreigner to inspect, what do you think i feel?
Another incident was when my husband get the pitcher of water from the cabinet since no waiter would assist him when he ask for a water, another waiter approach, he just get the pitcher and thats it, no apologies or anything.
For a five star/4 star restaurant, service is quite poor. Compare with the Heat their service are very warm unlike your staff, they lack this, and its not even that many people eating that time.

2 Thank anjieqc
Alain B, General Manager at Circles Event Cafe, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear AngieQC,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent dining experience at Circles Event Café. On behalf of the team, I sincerely apologize for the shortfall on service at the restaurant.

I would like to know more about the incident, in particular, the day and time this happened, so that the management team can investigate and be able to prevent this from happening in future. I would be very grateful if you can email me at golden.whitehead@shangri-la.com at your convenient time.

Golden Wessel Whitehead
Executive Asst. Manager-F&B
“Nothing special... Save for the price, perhaps, if you care...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

It used to be great. Food used to taste good. Haven't been back here for years since there are really better options around town.

It was reminiscent of our experience at Heat, Shangri-la's other restaurant at another part of town. Food is mostly bland or downright tastes awful, especially their seafood. Obviously not fresh!
Those saying that they have good variety probably haven't been to other buffet restaurants. Check out Spiral at Sofitel. Those who say the food here tastes great better check out Spectrum at Fairmont. Just a short walk (or drive or ride), enough to increase your appetite. H€££! Cheaper mall buffets even have better variety and better tasting food. But of course, except those places to be very crowded.

I haven't returned to this place for a while for the reason I stated above (there are better options elsewhere). If not for my aunt inviting us over for dinner, I wouldn't be there. I wouldn't pay a hundred pesos for such a lackluster buffet. Even the desserts are a disappointment. I had better desserts at a cheaper 5-star hotel buffet in Hong Kong just last month.

We had wine buffet (790 per person), which is good until 11PM. I think it is good value if you want to drink the awfulness of the food away. But I just had two glasses so maybe I was better off ordering a la carte. Also, for the price, they could have just given the drinks for free instead of letting customers pay an additional P100.00 to drink iced tea or juice. Yes, it's cheap but that's cheap. Why not just add the P100.00 automatically to the buffet price instead?

Please don't misunderstand. It's not the worst buffet. But it's far from the best. They have good tasting food, like some dimsum, but most are just ugh! And variety? Don't count on it. Service? Let's just say I did everything on my own, like stand up and go to the counters to order drinks or ask something since it was difficult to call a waiter.

• Visited October 2013