“Slightly above Average”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
New York
“Slightly above Average”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We won a free night, the first time we stayed and it seemed adequate at that time. Due to it's location, it is a convenient place to stay for my husband's quarterly doctors visits in Auburn. The other reason we chose to stay here (and not Syracuse), was that it has an Irish Bar and we thought since it was St. Patrick's Day, we could stay right on site and enjoy the festivities. We arrived early evening and did not get a positive feel when we checked in. The woman behind the desk was not at all helpful. She did not know what was going on in the restaurant, other than there was music and food. She did not point us in the direction of our room and when asked, gave us inaccurate information. The room was clean but the tub did not drain properly. After searching out other options for St. Patty's Day festivities, we decided to stay at the hotel and go to McMurphy's. Our Irish dinner was average, as well as the entertainment. We then decided to go in the indoor pool. We were disappointed that they did not have a hot tub, but were pleasantly surprised how nice the heated pool was! The beds were not overly comfortable, but not the worst I have slept on. The shower/tub needed some attention, as the water control plunger was not working well. Also, since the tub did not drain well, we had water up to our calves while showering. There was not a free breakfast, but there was free coffee. After getting a couple of cups of coffee however, the machine started brewing out light brown colored water. My husband reported it, but it was still in the same condition over an hour later. At that point, we left and went to Dunkin' Donuts!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear ridgeschips,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am pleased you like our clean rooms and convenient location. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I was disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with the room amenities and level of service received from our staff, and would like to apologize for any inconveniences. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Again, we appreciate your valuable feedback. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Left this property after only 5 hours. In-house a church service of sorts was was going on next to the pool in the public space with someone talking into a microphone for over 2 hours. Children roaming unattended everywhere.
We thought the last straw was when over 40 kids descending upon the pool with no adult supervision....until we arrived at our room to find young children blocking the entire hallway playing hockey again no adults in site. Told the front desk that all hell was breaking loose in their hotel and she said sorry I am here alone. We packed up and left as the noise was deafening. When we checked out the front desk attendant didn't say much. The toilet was dirty, and the room itself was something like you would find at a truckers motel. Will not return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SYCmom
John T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn NY. I apologize I was unable to exceed your expectations. The hotel was at maximum capacity with two groups during your stay.
We have security on property during these functions that are walking the floors to ensure guest concerns are addressed.
Our pool rules state children are to be supervised.
We inspect our hotel on a regular basis to ensure we exceed guest expectation on cleanliness. I apologize if we missed your room.
When you return to Auburn NY, I hope that you once again choose Holiday Inn and allow us to demonstrate our impeccable service that our guest expect.

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We came from a weekend convention. The service was great. The food was mouth watering. The room was clean and comfortable. Lots of pillows. The front desk was professional. The bathroom was large. The shower was relaxing. The kids had a great time in the pool. I was pamper. Thanks for the great experience.

Room Tip: Suites are large and can fit large families
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn. We pride ourselves on exceeding the expectations of our guest. Happy to hear that you enjoyed our McMurphy's Authentic Irish Pub.
We look forward to your next trip to Auburn NY and the Holiday Inn.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I got a Sunday rate for my first night, that was actually cheaper than the Days Inn. After that, I found it difficult to leave. Nevermind that I got sick. I was glad to be sick in such a nice place. Everyone at the desk was nice. No A-holes. A great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Try the first floor. It worked for me
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Auburn, and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read your review "Best Holiday Inn Ever." I was sorry to read that you were ill during your stay. I hope you are feeling 100% better. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn.
Syracuse
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as a part of a wine tour package. I have to say that I was VERY impressed! The staff was very friendly, always saying Hello whenever you come in from outside. The room was nice comfy bed, nice size bathroom and really quiet! I would stay here again. Thanks for the great getaway!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, and for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn. I was happy to read that you and your husband reviewed the Holiday Inn as a "Great Place" and were "VERY impressed!" Many visitors stay with us while visiting our award-winning wineries. I'm delighted that you and your husband had a great getaway!
South
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my two young daughters. The staff was very nice and very professional. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The rooms are very well cared for, clean and up to date. The place smelled nicely, My daughter has mildew issues and this place was wonderful, no problems at all. The pool was great fun although the acoustics of indoor pool can be a little sketchy. I would definitely recommend this hotel, the best I've stayed in the area at a very reasonable price. I've paid more money for bad experiences in the Ithaca area. The location was also great for going east, west and south, we did all three.

Room Tip: Suspect higher rooms may be quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to Auburn. I was so happy to read that you were very pleased with our staff, the cleanliness of our hotel, and the very reasonable price you paid for your accommodations. We hope you and your family will stay at the Holiday Inn Auburn again the next time your travels bring you to the Finger Lakes Region. Thank you again for your patronage and your review. We wish you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year!
Norton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from visiting Niagara Falls so it was a good mid-way point coming from the greater Boston area at a very reasonable price $$. We were given a room on the indoor courtyard side, so for the first two hours in the room we had to listen to screaming kids at the indoor pool and after driving all day that was not much fun. Fortunately they closed by 10pm! We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Irish pub and since our family is Irish it was fun to look @ all the Irish paraphernalia on all the walls. All of the portions were very huge and well-priced. It was especially nice that we didn't have to leave the hotel to go out to dinner. The hotel was very quiet as it was Thanksgiving weekend but they had the fireplace going and all the holiday decorations were already up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn on your way home from vacationing in Niagara Falls. I was happy to read that you were pleased with our "reasonable price" "comfortable beds" as well as "a delicious dinner at the Irish Pub." I am happy to add that our hotel is scheduled to be renovated this year, and we hope you and your family will stay with us again the next time your travel plans bring you near Auburn, NY. In the meantime, we wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!