This is the second time we have stayed here. We won a free night, the first time we stayed and it seemed adequate at that time. Due to it's location, it is a convenient place to stay for my husband's quarterly doctors visits in Auburn. The other reason we chose to stay here (and not Syracuse), was that it has an Irish Bar and we thought since it was St. Patrick's Day, we could stay right on site and enjoy the festivities. We arrived early evening and did not get a positive feel when we checked in. The woman behind the desk was not at all helpful. She did not know what was going on in the restaurant, other than there was music and food. She did not point us in the direction of our room and when asked, gave us inaccurate information. The room was clean but the tub did not drain properly. After searching out other options for St. Patty's Day festivities, we decided to stay at the hotel and go to McMurphy's. Our Irish dinner was average, as well as the entertainment. We then decided to go in the indoor pool. We were disappointed that they did not have a hot tub, but were pleasantly surprised how nice the heated pool was! The beds were not overly comfortable, but not the worst I have slept on. The shower/tub needed some attention, as the water control plunger was not working well. Also, since the tub did not drain well, we had water up to our calves while showering. There was not a free breakfast, but there was free coffee. After getting a couple of cups of coffee however, the machine started brewing out light brown colored water. My husband reported it, but it was still in the same condition over an hour later. At that point, we left and went to Dunkin' Donuts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Auburn, NY is located in the heart of the spectacular Finger Lakes Region of Central New York. Come take a swim in our indoor-heated pool or relax with dinner and cocktails in McMurphy's Authentic Irish Pub. When you stay with us, you can enjoy shopping at Waterloo Premium Outlets and Bass Pro Shops, tour the wineries on the Cayuga Wine Trail and Seneca Wine Trail, visit our local historic sites, or enjoy a show at the new Merry-Go-Round Playhouse Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival. We are in the center of it all. Stay at the Auburn/Finger Lakes Holiday Inn and visit the scenic village of Skaneateles. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region Hotel Auburn
- Auburn Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region NY