“Clean and nice”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean and nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have stayed here several times. This is an older hotel....and showing its age, but, it is maintained well. Bedding seems fairly new. Restaurant located on premises - and food is good. Convenience store is located just across the street for snacks, drinks, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn while traveling on business, and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read you were pleased with our bedding, our restaurant and our location. I want to let you know that our hotel has renovations planned for this winter. Thank you for your continued patronage. We truly appreciate your feedback, loyalty, and your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My son and his wife live in Auburn and we have been staying at the Holiday Inn there for 8 years, whenever we visit (probably 15-25 nights). Sadly, the hotel has gone downhill in quality and cleanliness. I booked my room for last weekend, 2 months ago and when we arrived we were informed by the desk that OUR room had electrical problems (the refridgerator did not work and several light were out also) We were then told it MIGHT have been fixed and if not call down to the desk and they would send someone up with a fridge and also they would discount the room for the inconvienience. Of course we had to call and they said they would send someone up...they never did. My husband moved the fridge to another location in the room and plugged it in just to get it to work. The top of the fridge had not been cleaned in a very long time 1/4 inch of dust. I thought the cleaning staff would clean it the next morning but they did not. I also noticed the shower curtain had a horrible musty smell to it. and it looked like it had not been washed in a long time. My husband has been a Priority Club member for many years and this has truly changed how we feel about Holiday Inns. The only nice thing I can say is that the food at McMurphy's Pub is good! Don't waste your money here.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank SCTraveler143
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not what it was supposed to be, and that it was not the quality of what you are used to from staying with us in the past.

I apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for the inconvenience you experienced. While doing some recent repairs, we encountered some electrical issues that have since been corrected. I was also sorry to read of the cleanliness issue. I can assure you that all of your comments have been discussed and addressed.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in McMurphy's Irish Pub. We receive many compliments about the food and service in McMurphy's, and I am glad your experience was enjoyable too.

The Holiday Inn will soon be undergoing some major renovations to our guestrooms. We hope you will check back with us again the next time you come to Auburn to visit your son and daughter-in-law. Please call me directly so that I may personally take care of you and your husband. We value your business. Once again, please do accept my sincere apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with my brother & sister in law for 2 nights on a mini-break. Hotel is very central to Auburn itself and within 35 minutes drive to the Premium Outlet Mall (Great bargains!). Service was good, rooms clean, as were the common areas. Had a great time at the in-hotel Irish Pub - good Happy Hour, food was also good. They had a 3 piece Irish band playing (first Wednesday of each month). Our room package included a $20 breakfast voucher which covered breakfast for 2 - great deal. There must have been a different cook on the second day, the breakfast wasn't as good as the first - awesome Eggs Benedict! Big thank you to Mindy - the best waitress in both the Irish pub and at breakfast. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms are in a courtyard formation around a swimming pool which might get a bit noisy if there a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nana22princesses
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and for writing about us on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how pleased you and your family were with our location in Auburn and to the Waterloo Premium Outlet Mall. I was also happy to read how pleased you all were with our cleanliness, food, entertainment and prices. I too agree that Mindy is a wonderful waitress, and she receives many compliments from our guests. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Auburn, Waterloo and the beautiful Finger Lakes Region.
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is an older hotel but well maintained. Great Irish Pub restaurant. Lots of parking. Beautiful indoor pool area. Could use a bit of updating. The rooms have older furniture, but with comfortable beds, and a large flat-screen TV.

Room Tip: Many entrances so you do not have far to walk to room. All entrances locked at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad your stay with us was quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed our indoor pool and McMurphy's Irish Pub and Restaurant. We will be updating our guestrooms soon, so please stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Auburn and the Finger Lakes Region.
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

From the friendly front desk to the housekeeping staff everyone was welcoming and actually liked having the dogs at the hotel. They provided extra towels on rainy days and had complementary poop bags right at the door.
The rooms were clean and their restaurant was superb, we ate there every night and never had to venture for something better we already had it there in the hotel.
There were many areas to walk the dogs and even a nice grassy area to chase ball.
I do not usually give glowing review but this hotel really deserves it.
Thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: Stairs close to all rooms the west side is closer to walking areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Auburn. Your review on Trip Advisor was wonderful to read. I am glad you were so pleased with our welcoming staff, cleanliness of our guestrooms and that your restaurant experience was superb. Most of all I am delighted that you and your pet were pleased with your overall experience. We hope you and your pet stay with us again. Thank you!
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great place, I enjoyed traveling trough it.
Business first, as usual, but after that I could take a "shortcut" to get back to the Big Apple for more assignments.
Back to the hotel, it was quiet, with a welcoming staff, and all what you expect of it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Good Day and thnk you for staying at the Holiday Inn, Auburn. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our hotel, and our "welcoming staff." We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you through Central NY and the Finger Lakes Region for business or for pleasure (we have wonderful attractions and wineries to visit).
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel staff is very helpful at this hotel. We would like to thank Jackie for going out of her way to help us locate the right room.

Although our hotel tub/toilet and floor was not clean, the manager responded immediately to our concerns, offering us another room.

There is a small pool area. Unlike many hotels, the water is very warm. It was difficult to enjoy the pool as a couple as there were many children and no pool hours for adults.

For this reason, we would not recommend this hotel for couples unless use of the pool is not an issue.

The hotel is conveniently located to stores and tourist attractions.

Room Tip: All rooms resemble eachother...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn and for your review. I was glad to read how helpful our staff was to your needs. We receive many favorable comments on Jackie our front desk clerk. Many of our customers know, respect and appreciate Jackie, and we are proud to have her as an employee. I was sorry to read that your bathroom was ot clean up checkin, and I was glad to read that the manager responded immediately. I was glad the pool temperature was to your liking. Some times there are kids enjoying our pool, and some times it is mainly adults. I was also glad you were pleased with our location. We are within walking distance to many wonderful attractions, theatre, restaurants and bars. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Auburn and the Finger Lakes Region.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Finger Lakes Lodging
#5 of 7 in Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel
Days Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes Region

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!