“Not fit for Human Beings”

Days Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I made the unfortnate decision to stay in this so called "hotel". Total and complete DUMP is a better way to describe it. The place has seen better days, the stained ceiling tiles, filth beyond filthy carpeting, disgusting bathroom, pubic hairs all over the place, peeling paint, mold, the list just keeps on going. To top it all off are the BEDBUGS. And boy let me tell ya, if there is a convention for bedbugs in the United States THIS is the hotel they are staying at! I pulled the fitted sheet off and slid the mattress down from the wall and the sheer number of parasitic little varmits was astounding! This is NOT my first dealings with these critters, as I travel a lot and I have had one other bad experience, which is why I search high and low now! I captured 4 of the little guys before they scampered up the wall and under the head board, and back into the box spring or wherever they went. I then went to see the RUDER than RUDE manager who was very snotty and said "Those aren't bedbugs" to which I replied, They most certainly are bedbugs, I know because I've seen them before, and you must know due to the severe infestation in your hotel. HE became even MOUTHIER with me so I just left. I called my credit card company and blocked the charges so this DUMP could not charge me for this disgusting room. There is a new Hilton in Auburn so I suggest you spend a few extra bucks and go stay at a NICE place that actually cares about the guests, and stay far far away from this nightmare. I have filed complaints with Days Inn corporate, but do not think they really care either as I see Days Inn's all over the United States pop up on bedbugregistry.com weekly!

Room Tip: The best room is a room at another hotel! I gave the swimming pool a poor because the pool they ref...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David S

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Horrible, filthy, disgusting hotel. Any positive remarks were left by the hotel owners and/or staff to offset all the horrible reviews. Slim pickings as far as hotels go in the area. If you have no other choice...your car or even a park would be the better option. It's just that bad.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Pierye73
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed on August 29th. We decided to go spur the moment and booked it before we left the house. We only live 30ish miles away from the location, but we wanted to get out of the house for the night. Upon arriving, we were upgraded to a king size bed because someone had taken the last queen room! Awesome. :) The room was very clean, the bath was great and the bed was comfortable. All good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faintly00visible
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thanks to Management at Days Inn; they put every effort to make our stay memorable. Place, location, room and Staff was excellent. Good job; I will certainly visit this Days Inn again.

Rita & Paul Bhushan,
Brampton, On
Canada

Room Tip: Great staff and great location
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We checked in late on August 17, went to get in bed and there was a bug crawling across the sheet. Checked the mattress and there were more. Immediately checked out and while waiting for our refund warned someone else who was checking in with a baby. They checked the room beforehand with a manager and then stopped us in the parking lot to thank us for the warning. The mattress in the room they would have checked into was full of bedbugs.
It's too bad -- the area looked nice. And the hotel parking lot was really, really crowded.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Hank44224
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the 3rd time I stayed at the Days Inn in Auburn, NY, and the motel is showing its age. 4 years ago when I stayed there, the price was only about 70.00 a night, so it did not have to be great. Now, the price is over 90.00 a night, and its showing its age.. The rooms need to be re-done, and the breakfast is very limited and even the coffee is not very good. To top it off, their one ice machine was not working. I would not stay here again, I would look to the new Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn, or maybe the Microtel Suites in Seneca Falls in this area

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls
Del Lago Resort & Casino
Del Lago Resort & Casino
#1 of 3 in Waterloo

Been to Days Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!