“Seems better than before”

Days Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed there in years gone by several times, but it seemed cleaner, and the staff was more friendly this trip. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was Ok, not great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Alfa34, General Manager at Days Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and your business.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Nothing family. No frills hotel. The staff was friendly and basic accommodation. Very close drive to Lake Skaneateles. The best part was free pass to YMCA which had an olympics size pool and cardio machines. We got great work out done every morning before heading out explore the lakes.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Great Value for money. Clean, fresh and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a surprise and of excellent choice and quality. I was also told I could use the gym and indoor swimming pool in the YMCA, 2 blocks down, I wish I brought my swim suit. The fridge and microwave was an added bonus and very useful. I felt at home.

The staff were friendly and provided a high quality service. I would definitely stay again! Well done!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room over looking the car park as the view is better on that side. The hotel itse...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel touring the Finger Lake area. The owner did everything to make our stay as convenient and comfortable as possible. All our queries were dealt with immediately. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet and the free breakfast we got even filled three ever-hungry teenagers. All in all this hotel is excellent value for money! We will definitely return when we tour the Lakes again.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed overnight for college tour in the area. The Days Inn was adequately furnished and was very clean. The friendly staff was very helpful. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The air conditioner was quiet. The continental breakfast consisted of cold cereal, low fat/whole milk, choice of fruit-apple/banana, toast, bagel, muffins,tea, coffee, juice. Pretty good for a budget inn!!..Even the manager greeted us wanting to know if our stay was satisfactory.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My children and I stayed here a few nights and loved it! We were visiting my sister and usually stay with her but for this trip, we decided to get a room. I read all the reviews of the few hotels I was interested in and decided to give Days Inn a try. I cannot say enough about how great this place was. Very clean, great location! Everyone was very friendly and helpful, beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast was perfect! No complaints at all. The lobby had a computer for us to use, which came in very handy as we are in the middle of a huge renovation back at home and I had to look up various things.=-) All I can say is clean, location, breakfast, friendly peeps and priced very reasonably.... you cannot go wrong staying here. We look forward to staying here again.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!! Here are just a few of our issues:
--room smelt like smoke (they said it must be one of the rooms they are converting from smoking to non-smoking and they have no extra rooms).
--room smelt like mildew (they said they could spray some air freshener around)
--floors in room were dirty (did not inform them as they did nothing for the first two issues)
--no soaps in room (they delivered the next day)
--our ceiling leaked (YES LEAKED) to the point we had two buckets catching water in the bathroom)—owner said over the phone “well it’s raining what do you want me to do about it now” (we left the next morning).

Room Tip: always see the room before you pay and stay
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Days Inn Auburn/Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!