“Beautiful setting for farm to table dining”

Elderberry Pond Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Beautiful setting for farm to table dining”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I selected this restaurant based on the trip advisor reviews and was intrigued by the farm to table concept. The restaurant being near the farm is a bit off the beaten path but worth the drive. The scenery from our table was a peaceful forest setting and there is patio dining available for the warmer weather. The restaurant is a beautiful high ceiling space that is tastefully decorated. While there are limited menu selections, there is good variety with a lot of the food items produced at the nearby farm. The food was served promptly and was nicely presented and very tasty. It was refreshing to have the sandwich side items be something other than potato chips or french fries. Our server was very courteous and knowledgeable. The restaurant was very busy for lunch and he seemed stretched a bit thin but we enjoyed the leisurely meal and comfortable setting. Would love to go back for dinner.

• Visited June 2013

Scarsdale, New York
“Farm to table”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Came here for dinner on a Saturday night as we were looking for farm-to-table organic foods. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. My pizza appetizer was very very good (wish it was a little bigger than the 6") but our server forgot my husband's soup. We both had the haddock, which was very tasty even tough overcooked. I wouldn't say it's fine-dining (please nix the coated picnic table cloth and change the wine glasses to finer ones to do justice to the wine) however, it is regarded as the best if not one of the best restaurants in the area. We will definitely be back if we are in the area. Tip for the ladies - the stone driveway makes it hard to walk on if you have high heels on. I had wedges on and had to hold on to my husband lest I brake my ankle! Have someone drop you off right at the entrance if you decide to wear high heels.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester, New York
“2nd visit was as good (better?) than the 1st!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived at Elderberry Ponds just after noon on a Saturday on a cool, windy day in mid April after visiting the Harriett Tubman Home in Auburn (and before going to the Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center) - no reservations and at the height of a weekend lunch hour. We found only a couple of other cars in the parking lot, but went in, was immediately seated by the hostess, was welcomed by our waiter and given ice water and fresh bread/butter. We settled in for a nice lunch and were not disappointed. My Middle Ages beer (from Syracuse) came as did my wife's hot tea (nice selection according to her). We started with soup on this cold day - I had the Potato Leak and my wife had the White Bean. Both were excellent, hot and warmed us nicely. Shortly after the soup arrived, so did the bruschetta with fresh ricotta cheese. Dee-lish. We both ordered the salad special - mine with chicken and bacon (made on the property) and my wife's had very well-prepared shrimp. The salads were very fresh and hit the spot. We were pretty full, but couldn't pass on the Lemon/Rosemary Crumb Cake and glad we didn't. It was heavier than we expected, but the richness just added to the experience. By the time we left, the dining room was almost full. It is good to see that people don't mind driving a bit out of the way for this fine dining spot. Note: EP is very casual in dress and attitude, but the wait staff is very professional and the kitchen is stellar! Can't wait to return in nice weather, sit outside and enjoy a bottle of wine and the view.

• Visited April 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“dinner”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had the Dicken's dinner, in accordance with the Tudor decoration, singers etc, in Skeneateles before Christmas. it was very yummy. Others had the duck, which they said was outstanding. Our guests said they had enjoyed lunches there in the summer on an outdoor patio. Would love to return.

Visited December 2012
syracuse, new york
“a true dining experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first time at this lovely restaurant and I wonder what took me so long to get here? Entering the dining room on a beautiful fall evening one finds a stunning fireplace lit and low lighting which creates the perfect ambience! There's somethinbg about dining in low light that makes it more memorable! The food was luscious, the wine cold and delicious. My only feedback would be the waitstaff. We met friends and needed time to catch up before ordering but the waiter was too persistent in trying to take our order. We finally asked him to give us time but he was back sooner than we hoped! Granted, the restaurant was quiet but I think part of waitering is learning how to read guests. Otherwise, it was a fabulous evening.

• Visited November 2012