“Ok.”

Auburn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I finally had a night off together and decided to use a gift certificate we received as a gift. We found it just okay. We were seated in the front settee. It looked like a large couch with a pillow, but was differently not as comfortable as a couch. My back hurt for two days after this meal. My husband wasn't much better in the chair. The server talked about the specials, but he had left a key ingredient out of his description or maybe we couldn't clearly understand him with his accent. It was a $35. meal that ended up inedible because my husband hates tomatoes. I had a mushroom ravioli that again was just okay. The sauce did not complement the rav well at all. I actually thought to myself several times that they may have put the wrong sauce on. We ate what we could and before we could get our check they brought us a glass of Lemon Cello (sp?) A nice touch and kinda a reminder of the old Italian ways. In the end I was glad we had a gift certificate and we weren't actually using our money to fund most of this meal. I've been to worse restaurants in Auburn, but we will probably not return. Value for us just wasn't there.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KCU22

Syracuse
“Magnifico Meal in Downtown Auburn”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Last night four of us had the very great pleasure of having a wonderful meal at Osteria Salina. Although our friends we familiar with this relatively new restaurant (think they opened in December) my wife and I drove from east side of Syracuse to join them at an unknown. It was well worth the drive.
Each of us had different entrees. I had Tortelloni Bolognese, my wife the a veal and asparagus special in a madeira sauce, our friends, Calmari Marinara and one of the restaurants signature Ravioli dishes. There were no complaints - the food was done as ordered, served hot, and the only item left to box up was the side of pasta that came with the veal and asparagus special - too much food.
Service was wonderfully attentive - Alejandro our waiter when asked for time to enjoy our drinks before ordering was more than gracious in saying, just wave him down when we were ready.

Once we were served by other staff, Alejandro was right behind them making sure that all the orders were as requested and to see if we needed anything else.

OK - nothing's perfect - the ample amount of bread that they brought to the table seemed stale - about a day away from being croutons. But the balsamic dipping oil did a good job of softening it up.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and time there - even though the restaurant was very busy we felt as though we were guests at Alejandro's home.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JoeCuse
Elmira, New York
“Who Knew?? How Wonderful!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Auburn, NY is not what you would consider a hustling, bustling city; however, if you closed your eyes and meandered into Osteria Salina, you would swear you were. Went on a Sunday night and the place was hopping. Lots of people at the bar and most of the tables in our section were filled. The decor is simple, streamlined and very clean. Our waiter, Alessandro, was awesome. He was a local chap, who spoke perfect English and was so attentive he did everything except wipe our chin. They offer a nice selection of wines and all the menu items sounded delicious. Our party ordered the specials and we were blown away by the freshness and flavors of everything. They brought us an appetizer of roasted veggies and olives that was "to live for". I could have eaten that with their great homemade bread and been completely happy.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank marilyn d
Auburn, New York
“Wonderful place to eat in Auburn”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food and service were fantastic. Some of the best food anywhere, a huge asset for the Auburn community. Valet parking is available. Conveniently located in the heart of Auburn's downtown business district. Word is the owner is arranging for terrace dining during warmer weather overlooking downtown. Although the restaurant caters to fine dining clientele, they just won a contest for the "best chicken wings in the area". Not just the wings, but everything is great.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Willis D
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“Just so-so”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hostess was VERY RUDE. She didn't know how to hold a reservation, and even worse she looked like something the cat dragged in.

Food was of average quality, but it took a very long time to arrive. They also need servers who speak English.

• Visited April 2014