“Wonderful B & B in Auburn, NY (Finger Lakes)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Auburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a delightful Bed & Breakfast at Wicher Garden in Auburn, NY. We travelled over to visit some wineries at Cayuga & Seneca Lakes region and stayed 2 nights at Wicher Garden. The owners, Gail & Gary, were so gracious, the rooms delightful, the beds very comfy! and the breakfast was so delicious! We recommend this lovely Inn to anyone going to the area. Slightly off the beaten track and well worth finding a reason to stay there! Everthing was perfect - 5 stars for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days at this B&B for our honeymoon in October. Our stay was amazing and so relaxing. It was like being home without all of the headaches! The food was overwhelming but soooo delicious that you can't help but indulge. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B and plan on visiting again. Gail and Gary are so friendly and make your stay stress free. The local scenery is breathtaking. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Rose room is cozy!!
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during Columbus day weekend. Its an amazing B&B and would definitely recommend it to everyone planning a visit to Finger lakes.
1) Location: This B&B is surrounded with open fields and farmlands. Very peaceful and beautiful, away from the noise of traffic or towns. But at the same time its barely a 5 min drive to shops!
2) Food: Gail and Gary are both great cooks and amazing hosts! The breakfasts we had was really delicious. Gail was kind enough to share the recipe too :)
3) Room: We stayed in the emerald room. Was well equipped with just about everything that you would need for a comfortable stay. Room and Bathroom was very clean and bed was very comfortable.

The hosts are very knowledgeable about the area and you really don't need to pre-plan an itenary before getting there.. just ask Gail and Gary! :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

The most important things to us as Innkeepers are providing a cloud soft bed, all the amenities you need, a great breakfast and our knowledge of the area to help with your daily planning. We are so glad these things made your stay a good one, thanks again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and oh boy were we sad to leave when it was time to do so. First and foremost, let me just say that Gail and Gary are awesome and do everything possible to make you feel literally right at home; from greeting you every single time you enter the home to recommending places to eat, everything is done with 100% love. Which brings me to my next topic, the room :) We stayed in the "Rose Room" and I would say that it really defines the word love. The attention to detail in the room (as well as in the entire house) is amazing! There are quotes, love books, diary for guests to write in, king size bed with lights over your head, and the whirlpool ahhhh, soooo relaxing! We loved every moment of every second we were in the room and bathing! Oh did I mention the amazing breakfast?!? Gail makes marvelous muffins, cinnamon apples, eggs, french toast etc etc etc. All of it was soooo yummy! I had to remind myself during the 1st and 2nd course that more was coming, so I could leave some and get to the third! In conclusion, we ate good, slept good, bathed good, laughed good and overall has a spectacular time. I made sure to do my research before booking since it was our first B&B and boy were all the reviews right! We highly recommend this place and will be back next year :)

Zaira & Fernandez

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zairafernandez
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

One of the sayings we have posted here is "We don't remember days, we remember moments". We are so happy you both have those wonderful memories. Thank you for your kind words, can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our vacation in the Finger Lakes area and we stayed 5 nights at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast. What a wonderful "home-away-from home"! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and can't find a single negative thing about our stay. Gail and Gary are wonderful hosts. By the end of the week, we had made two new wonderful friends in these very gracious people. They have thought of everything to make your stay very comfortable. Very well equipped rooms, fantastic breakfasts everyday (and very accommodating to individual dietary needs). They are very knowledgeable about the area with a Welcome Center that has brochures and menus from all the local restaurants and places of interest. For pet lovers, they have several pets around for you to get your "fur fix" while away from home! We are definitely planning a trip back to this area so that we can stay at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

It makes our job so easy when we have folks as lovely as these. Thanks so much Brian and Kathy for your visit, we can't wait to see you again. Bella Boy misses you.
Gary and Gail

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed with my partner here for two nights in the late summer. We stayed in the Rose Room - which was big and very comfortable. Gail and Gary are great hosts, the food (egg strata the first morning, french toast, cream cheese and blueberry mash the second) was wonderful and they were super helpful in pointing out wineries and other fun things to do. We had a great time and would recommend it to anyone else looking for a peaceful getaway in the Finger Lakes area. Note that this is definitely on the cutesy side of the cutesy/modern B&B spectrum.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Maybe the B&B has good food, wonderful hosts but their priorities are not in order. They allow you to reserve via the internet but then fail to check it before making reservations by phone. I recently did everything right in making a reservation via the internet. I checked for availability many times, made my reservation, got an email back with a confirmation number. The main reason I registered via email was because it was available and I was leaving for out of town too early to call. When I returned home I had an email telling me "Sorry, but they had accepted a reservation over the phone before they checked their emails". Is this right? I responded how wrong this was and was told by the owner that "It wasn't their fault that they took the phone call before they checked their web reservation and they are far too busy to check their emails during the day and did I expect them to set in front of the computer all day? I don't think I was being unreasonable to expect them to make checking their web reservations prior to accepting a reservation from a phone call as long as they are making it a choice.
So beware if you make a reservation via the internet.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank nanared
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We thank this person for making an online request and the many others who do so successfully. The system works very well 99% of time. In many years of business there have only been a few times where I have had to send a denial. This party has never stayed here. They did indeed place an online Webervation Request. On the Request form it clearly states "it is not in real time", so they clearly had been advised of this. When I received a very angrily worded email response back, I responded that I was sorry it hadn't worked out. I was told by this stranger that I should be checking all my emails before taking phone calls. I would agree that in theory this would be the best case scenario, but it's hardly humanly possible when running a Bed and Breakfast as sole Innkeepers with no staff. Indeed,, that particular morning as most others, the first thing I was doing in the morning was preparing breakfast for a house full of guests, so yes, that was my priority that day. We are sincerely sorry we could not live up to your expectations, we try to do our very best, as evidenced by the reviews of people who have actually stayed here.