“Wonderful Bed & Breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Auburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our vacation in the Finger Lakes area and we stayed 5 nights at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast. What a wonderful "home-away-from home"! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and can't find a single negative thing about our stay. Gail and Gary are wonderful hosts. By the end of the week, we had made two new wonderful friends in these very gracious people. They have thought of everything to make your stay very comfortable. Very well equipped rooms, fantastic breakfasts everyday (and very accommodating to individual dietary needs). They are very knowledgeable about the area with a Welcome Center that has brochures and menus from all the local restaurants and places of interest. For pet lovers, they have several pets around for you to get your "fur fix" while away from home! We are definitely planning a trip back to this area so that we can stay at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

It makes our job so easy when we have folks as lovely as these. Thanks so much Brian and Kathy for your visit, we can't wait to see you again. Bella Boy misses you.
Gary and Gail

There are newer reviews for A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed with my partner here for two nights in the late summer. We stayed in the Rose Room - which was big and very comfortable. Gail and Gary are great hosts, the food (egg strata the first morning, french toast, cream cheese and blueberry mash the second) was wonderful and they were super helpful in pointing out wineries and other fun things to do. We had a great time and would recommend it to anyone else looking for a peaceful getaway in the Finger Lakes area. Note that this is definitely on the cutesy side of the cutesy/modern B&B spectrum.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Maybe the B&B has good food, wonderful hosts but their priorities are not in order. They allow you to reserve via the internet but then fail to check it before making reservations by phone. I recently did everything right in making a reservation via the internet. I checked for availability many times, made my reservation, got an email back with a confirmation number. The main reason I registered via email was because it was available and I was leaving for out of town too early to call. When I returned home I had an email telling me "Sorry, but they had accepted a reservation over the phone before they checked their emails". Is this right? I responded how wrong this was and was told by the owner that "It wasn't their fault that they took the phone call before they checked their web reservation and they are far too busy to check their emails during the day and did I expect them to set in front of the computer all day? I don't think I was being unreasonable to expect them to make checking their web reservations prior to accepting a reservation from a phone call as long as they are making it a choice.
So beware if you make a reservation via the internet.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nanared
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We thank this person for making an online request and the many others who do so successfully. The system works very well 99% of time. In many years of business there have only been a few times where I have had to send a denial. This party has never stayed here. They did indeed place an online Webervation Request. On the Request form it clearly states "it is not in real time", so they clearly had been advised of this. When I received a very angrily worded email response back, I responded that I was sorry it hadn't worked out. I was told by this stranger that I should be checking all my emails before taking phone calls. I would agree that in theory this would be the best case scenario, but it's hardly humanly possible when running a Bed and Breakfast as sole Innkeepers with no staff. Indeed,, that particular morning as most others, the first thing I was doing in the morning was preparing breakfast for a house full of guests, so yes, that was my priority that day. We are sincerely sorry we could not live up to your expectations, we try to do our very best, as evidenced by the reviews of people who have actually stayed here.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Wicher Garden B&B is a beautifully decorated and lovingly tended inn just outside the interesting town of Auburn, NY. The owners, Gail and Gary, are friendly and fun, and they take great pride in their especially delicious breakfasts. Leave your diet at home, and just enjoy! They will cheerfully accomodate all kinds of eaters: vegetarians, gluten free, etc. Each room is different; we stayed in the Ireland room, which is, not surprisingly, decorated with lots of green, shamrocks, and books about Ireland.
It's a quiet room at the back of the house. All rooms have private baths, which are fully fitted and comfortable.
We highly recommend the Wicher Garden!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GailandGary, Owner at A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We are so happy you have discovered the wonderful experience of a Bed and Breakfast stay. After reading your review of a local hotel where you had stayed previously we hope we have turned you into B&B people, those savvy travelers who know the delights and value of staying at a quality Bed and Breakfast accommodation vs standard hotels and motels. Glad you enjoyed your family visit, we hope to see you both again, and thank you for telling the world!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Recently, five of us enjoyed a three day stay at Wicher Garden. Gail and Gary were friendly, helpful hosts providing local information, directions and dining suggestions.
The rooms matched the outdoor landscape- beautiful, unique, immaculate and peaceful.
Every attention was given to the three very tasty homemade breakfasts.In addition each room included extra services. such as lavender scented pillows.
In particular we enjoyed daily visits on the upstairs verandah making plans for the next day.
All in all, the Wicher hospitality was combined with excellent accommodation and unique breakfasts. The beautiful flowers and decorations simply added to the air of tranquility which we all enjoyed..

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We recently enjoyed a nice few days in the Rose Suite at the Wicher Garden. The room had a nice layout, clean and had everything and more that you would want in a B&B. Gail and Gary were very friendly, helpful and pleasant hosts and available if needed. The breakfast was very tasty and a nice selection of homemade french toast and breads was enjoyed.

Room Tip: Rose Suite has a king bed, sitting area and large bathroom with jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I recently enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Wicher Garden. The Emerald room was so comfortable and super clean. The rest of the bed and breakfast was just as clean and had everything we could of wanted. Our breakfast each morning was so filling we did not have to even eat a lunch, and the breakfasts were excellent! Gail and Gary really care about their guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
The Inns of Aurora
The Inns of Aurora
#1 of 5 in Aurora

Been to A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!