“A Step Above the Rest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Auburn B&B and Inns
Wharton, NJ
“A Step Above the Rest”
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This was our very first stay at a B&B and Gail and Gary immediately put us at ease. They greeted my partner and I all smiles at the front door and from that moment on we were treated to the most lovely stay we've ever had on a vacation. The multi-course breakfasts were absolutely to die for!! Our room was immaculate and gorgeous. It truly felt like we were staying with good friends. If and when we travel to the Finger Lakes again, there's no question as to where we will be staying. The Wichers are gems who know how to meet then surpass the needs of their customers.

• Liked — The room and breakfast
  • Disliked — The location was just a little further from our POIs
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2007

We decided to stay at the Wicher Garden B&B when we learned that they would allow us to bring our four legged children, Abby and Zoey, who are Soft coated Wheaton Terriers. The owners were great about accepting us and our pets. The room we had was spacious, with an attached bathroom. The breakfasts were wonderful and you did not leave hungy. The owners were very willing to help plan touring itineraries around the Finger Lakes and their wineries. Lots of wineries to visit and I recommend tasting before you buy and don't assume the big name wineries have the best wines. The B&B is located on former farm land and there is plenty of space to take fido for a great walk. All the owners ask is that you be responsible and clean up after your pet. The B&B is located about 5 minutes south of the center of Auburn,NY. If you go, also be sure to ask the owners about Michael's Italian restaurant. They make the best braciole I've ever eaten.

• Liked — Pet friendly and the room
  • Disliked — bathromm was a little small
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Gail and Gary Wichers have created a bed and breakfast above all others. From greeting me in the driveway at 11pm to giving me the recipe for amazing pumpkin muffins - Gail always went above and beyond the consumate host. I can't wait to make the 12 hour drive again to stay with them!

• Liked — The comfort of the room
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
East Coast
Reviewed July 31, 2007

Gail and Gary Wichers, Proprietors of this wonderful Bed & Breakfast greeted us on the welcoming wrap around porch, drenced in sunlight and GREYHOUNDS! My Greyhound Rescue Adoption group was in the area for the weekend visiting the Cayuga Trail Vineyards and we were so warmly welcomed by this lovely couple and their impeccable home. The dogs were every bit as welcomed as we were!

I highly recommend this B&B to all Greyhound travelers who find themselves lost in the beautiful Auburn vicinity!

Thanks Gail and Gary!

Lori and Onyx

• Liked — Gail and Gary Wichers
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay another week!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We had a greyt time at the B&B. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. They did go above and beyond to satisfy our needs.

The room we stayed in was really cozy. I really loved the porch outside our room with the adirondac chairs. So quiet and peaceful after a long day on the Cayuga Wine Trail . It was nice to come back and just relax.
The next morning we would go down to breakfast which had a nice variety of fruits, hot muffins, and breakfast items.
I could bring my greyhound who was addressed as part of the family which she is. Making it a greyt weekend.
I sure look forward to next year.
Thanks again,

• Liked — The friendly service
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Mechanicville, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2007

This B&B is located on a beautifully landscaped property, with a lush nature trail. A serene hammock hangs in the rear garden for that extra sense of relaxation. Gary and Gail personally greeted us, and immediately made me and my family feel at home. They were both courteous and welcoming, and made it clear that no request was unreasonable. In fact, they even allowed our two greyhounds to stay with us in the beautiful garden room along with our two children. Gail even helped my two young boys pick fresh flowers for my wife!

The three-course breakfast was an exquisite combination of expert fresh preparation, and good old-fashioned home cooking. All the bread and muffins were fresh baked that morning, the fruit tasted like it was right off the vine, and the main dish was a uniquely delightful surprise every morning. Great coffee rounded out a wonderful breakfast each morning

Gail and Gary made special accommodations to me personally because my strict diet as a competitive athlete. They made it clear to me and the other guests that no one leaves their wonderful establishment without the warm feeling of being completely pampered, and given celebrity status.

Highly recommended, and I will definately be staying there again!

• Liked — The warm personal service.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
BUFFALO
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We stayed in the Rose Room for two nights this weekend. the room was very well decorated, clean, and comfortable. It has a true 2 person jacuzzi tub. My wife and I enjoyed this amenity both nights.
The innkeepers Gail and Gary were very hospitable and helpful in finding and securing restaurants for dinner and things to do in this lovely area of NY. Each day began with a delicious complimentary breakfast that kept us nourished and not hungry until dinner.
We traveled the Cayuga Wine Trail and actually accomplished tastings at 4 wineries before we decided that if we wanted to drive again that day, we had better quit for the day.
A wonderful experience. We look forward to doing this again.

• Liked — Jacuzzi, breakfast, cordial innkeepers
  • Disliked — No negatives
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Suites
#1 of 7 in Skaneateles
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls
10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn

Been to A Wicher Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!