“Worst experience ever!!!”

Curley's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 117 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Description: Tradition isn't just something that's been around for a long time, it's something above the ordinary that will go on forever with a life of its own. That's a perfect description of Curley's. From the unforgettable red suspenders of founder "Curley" Dello Stritto to the unvarying quality of the diverse menu, Curley's is an Auburn tradition. Curley's has a full range of domestic and imported beers and a tavern menu that includes juicy burgers, chicken wings, world famous pizza and traditional Italian dishes. Perhaps tonight you will want to relax in the comfortable and inviting dining room or enjoy outside dining on the covered deck overlooking the Owasco River. Needless to say, our bar is always stocked! Come in and see what we're all about. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Where do I even start. How about from the beginning. Walked in no one at the hostess stand total of 5 diners in the place. Waited a good 5 min to be seated. I know this because we waited for about a min and my husband had to use the restroom... Had to find it first... When he got back he still hadn't been seated.. When we were seated it table was sticky like drinks had been spilled on it. My meal and my daughters meal came with a salad which consisted of 1 cherry tomatoe some shredded carrots and the yellow part if the iceberg lettuce. Years ago there were green peas cucumber and more than 1 tomatoe. It used to be a very good salad. My husband ordered a burger med rare. It was well done. Fries liked like the buts at the bottom of a frozen bag of fries. My daughter ordered shells parm. Very little sauce and the pasta looked like it was days old and totally dried out. I ordered scallops casino. Grit all throughout the dish no color to the scallops and the sauce was tasteless and the bacon soggy and mostly fat. My niece ordered a grilled chicken salad and expected that the chicken would be warm. It was cold. Am I wrong or is that not previously grilled chicken! We waited forever firvthe waitress to come and clear the table. We had to ask for a desert menus. We were told "we only have one and it's kicking around here someplace so I will just tell you what we have". REALLY!!! I got a to go box fir my meal. When I got to the car all of the juice from the scallops spilled out all over my clothes purse and phone. Most places with any class would have wrapped the box in plastic. I had two boxes ( which are now in the trash) and u was not even provided with a bag! My meal alone was $20. Not a bad price to pay for the portion. But I will pay for quality over quantity anyday. I will never ever go there again ( drove 45 min to get there). And nit only am I posting this review but a phone call will be made tomorrow. Everyone do yourself a favor. Don't waste your time or money here. Go to the Sunset

Michelle Warguleski
Syracuse NY

3  Thank Wargy1mc

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wheather dinner with the family or drinks and snacks with friends, this is the greatest place in Auburn.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were looking for a place in town to enjoy a pizza. It was the first place we saw and it looked busy so we thought we hit a home run, unfortunately we only singled. The pizza was borderline gross. One member of our party opted for an order of clams and an order of mussels and was very pleased. Our waitress Sarah was excellent even though she was very busy with another large group. Don't be afraid of the place but stay away from the pizza.

1  Thank OswegoMatt
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was a warm, muggy evening and we were seated outside on their patio. It took a long time for our order to come out and then it was just average. The good part was we could walk to Curley's from the Hilton Garden Inn where we were staying.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for about 8 years off and on. We almost always order the Chicken in a Basket..."deep fried chicken done in a pressure cooker". We were there yesterday for dinner and both my husband and I ordered our favorite meal...knowing it took about 20 minutes we ordered cocktails and enjoyed the outside seating and the great weather. Our meal came and we were so pleased to see the portion size had not changed and it looked as good as ever.
I started by picking at the yummy coating on a few pieces and the joe-joe fries before really digging in, while hubby began to tackle the wing sections. I broke open my leg/thigh combo to find it still raw..and the juices were red. I asked him to check his and the same thing. We called the waitress over and showed her...she was shocked and apologized. We did not make an issue out of it saying sometimes it happens. She asked us what we would like in place and we stated we'll try the chicken again. We also gave back the utensils we used knowing the were contaminated as well as what was in the chicken basket, due to the red juices. After about five minutes the hostess came out with complimentary drinks and told us that any desert we wanted, even to wrap up and take home was on the house as well. we liked the fact initiative was taken.
After about 15-20 minutes round two of the chicken was delivered. The waitress kidded...I can stay till you check it, we laughed and said we are sure it will be fine. It looked as good as before. We both cut open our leg/thigh combo and again...red juices and raw chicken. To top it off one of the wing sections my husband had picked on and thru back into the first basket ended up back in the new basket...we knew this because the spot he had picked off was visible when he turned the wing section over. That meant that they took contaminated food and placed it back into the fresh order...cross contamination...not a good practice.
We called our waitress over again and showed her...again shocked she took our baskets and we got up. We stopped to talk to another waitress who ours handed our baskets to. A discussion had incurred. We had to retell her the whole story...she seemed almost put out by it. A cook from the kitchen came out, I told him what we had found...INCLUDING the discarded wing section that made it back into the basket. He stated we had served over 20 of those meals today without any problems...except ours. The other waitress insisted that sometimes there are red veins in chicken. I realize that, however pink juices indicate undercooked chicken. This should not have been a discussion, Perhaps the practice to split the leg/thigh section for proper cooking.
We reminded them that raw poultry is NOT something to be taken lightly. It can make a patron deathly ill. We almost felt as if the whole thing fell on deaf ears. We walked out knowing that would be our last visit to Curly's ever...
Deeply disappointed in a long standing restaurants practices.

1  Thank Lorroth1