“Good food friendly atmosphere”

Balloons Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Auburn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Balloons is an Iconic post depression era restaurant that has been known as THE PLACE FOR STEAKS in Auburn for ever. We hand cut all of our steaks from USDA CHOICE beef or better all sourced from the midwest. We offer the best Wine list in Auburn at very reasonable prices. Don't judge the neighborhood please come in and ENJOY the best service and a great meal. Established 1934
Reviewed July 25, 2014

When you find a neighborhood restaurant filled with regulars, you know your in the right place. Don't be put off with being right behind the prison. It has to be somewhere. Seriously, we have been going to Baloons for many years and although it changed hands a few years ago, Bernie has maintained the quality. The food is good and the service efficient and friendly. ( ask for John )
It's the place to go before the theater (Merry-go-round), or a night out. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in a couple of years. Moved to Florida. We were a table of 4.The first table for the night . Staff greeted promptly , our waiter John was excellent , thoroughly Describing the specials and gave excellent suggestions . Started with their "Sweet Chili Calamaris " pretty awesome , decent size as well. The wife had the petite filet cooked perfect , my son ate the Rattlesnake Pasta which they offer 1/2 portions of . Glad he did he ended up taking most home . My daughter had the homemade Mac n cheese which she enjoyed and I tried the Bone in Rib-Eye special done the "Drunken Way" best steak I've had in a while . We ended with the Banana Cream Pie. Great night . Maybe a little expensive but well worth it . Can't wait to return , thank you Balloons .

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Eating out tonight and having a marvelous time. Staff are awesome and ready to make things right. Reservations are recommended. Food is good and consistent. Jason our waiter was great!!! We highly recommend balloons for the food,staff, and atmosphere.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I ate at Balloons Restaurant on May 31. We were spending the night at a bed and breakfast in Auburn and had looked at the menu and read the reviews on trip advisor. Soooo glad we went there!!! We were greeted as soon as we entered the restaurant by the bartender and a waiter, and taken to our table immediately. Our waiter, Jay, was excellent. We both got beef tenderloin, which was butterflied, at Jay's suggestion, since we like our meat well done. It was tender and delicious and the garlic mashed potatoes were the best I have ever had, as someone else commented, not too much garlic, just right! The caesar salad was also excellent. it was one of the best meals I have had at a restaurant. I live in Rochester and would make the hour and 15 minute drive just to eat there again!!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were referred by a co-worker of mine and decided to try it out. When we arrived, we parked next to a prison on a side street and were surprised by the outside decor but I am so glad we went in and tried it out. The hostess was so welcoming and friendly. Our waiter was professional but friendly and explained the specials to at "T". The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone, we will definetely be going back.

1  Thank Brenda L