“Second Visit: Disappointing Food, Service, and Ambience”
Review of BeauVine Chophouse & Wine Bar - CLOSED

BeauVine Chophouse & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Transforming raw materials into delicious, modern fare. At the Refinery, you'll find fresh, locally sourced produce and meats that are transformed into refined, modern fare. Our drink menu includes carefully crafted cocktails, locally sourced wine and craft beer, as well as a selection of classics. All of our menu items have been inspired by this idea of using classic ingredients and recipes with a twist to make them unique and unlike anything you may have had before. When you enter the Refinery, you'll find a unique atmosphere filled with both raw and refined treatments, which are a nod to our namesake. You will be part of a dining experience unlike any other in Auburn, NY!
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our first visit to this small upscale chophouse restaurant in May was generally excellent despite a few rough edges, but a second visit four months later in hopes of repeating our previous experience was a total disaster. On a very slow Sunday evening with only four tables occupied, the two waitresses were pleasant but poorly trained, hopelessly inefficient, inattentive, and unable to multitask, the kitchen was excruciatingly slow in getting the food out (I envisioned one cook working on a one-burner stove), and the food simply wasn't as carefully prepared as on our first visit. It took twenty minutes for our waitress to deliver our pre-dinner drinks, and the overall experience went downhill from there.

All of which would have been disappointing enough, but a very noisy party of seven university employees in town for a meeting was four sheets to the wind when we arrived, continued to drink their meals rather than eat, and no manager or maitre d' was on duty to rein in this motley crew and get the chaotic situation under control. The two men in the party were actually well-mannered, but three of the five women were well into their white wine, mouthy in the extreme, and the minutia of their daily jobs and personal lives was continually broadcast at full volume to all of the other diners in the room.

Our dining experience was a total disaster. This situation would have been unlikely in a blue collar diner and certainly is not acceptable in a restaurant that purports to provide a fine dining experience. I would strongly recommend avoiding this restaurant completely until such time as general management cleans house and replaces their food service management and staff.

1  Thank foodbuffs
There are newer reviews for BeauVine Chophouse & Wine Bar

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were staying at the hotel and after checking menus of places in the area and then the one in the lobby, we decided that eating here was a good idea. It turned out to be a great idea. Michael, our waiter, was charming, knowledgeable and a real pleasure to speak with. He gave us excellent advice about items on the menu - I have never had a waiter tell me that a particular menu selection wasn't up to snuff that evening. We had pork chops, rib eye steak and cod. The cod had a fabulous lemon reduction that was unlike anything I've ever had. The steak and chop were perfectly cooked to order (and bleu cheese melted on the over the steak) Spinach salad was nice - served warm and the crabcakes had a nice spicy touch. the truffle parmesan fries are outrageous. Dessert was just enough - peach cobbler, chocolate mousse. TRY IT!

1  Thank Cat326
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent food and fantastic service (by our waiter Michael), make this a fantastic restaurant. NYC steakhouse quality! Our group had Salmon, Pork Chops, Filet Mignon, and I had the Porterhouse steak. Everything perfect including the side dishes and desert. And local NYS beers are on tap. Expensive but worth ever penny!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I was staying at the very nice Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn and I checked in and noticed this restuarant near the lobby. I saw the wine lounge and was impressed with the fine dinning option at this hotel. I was happy Hilton put a quality restuarant in there hotel.

First, this restuarant has an outdoor patio and the hostess gave me the option of eating inside or on there outdoor patio. We ate on the outdoor patio, a good choice.
There was a pre fixed menu with 3 courses for 30$ or the regular menu. 2 of us got the pre fixed menu and micheal b. and the other man got the regular entre. We shared the appetizers and desert. To start we got the market salad which was very fresh with some nice arugula and crumbed cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and string beans, this had a nice and light yet creamy dressing.
Then for the entrees, I got the sirloin with fritas( good) In a red wine reduction. Micheal B. got ny strip skirt steak. He said it was very good. It was served with asparagus. She got the cod with lovely risotto. She enjoyed it. He got the filet menyon. It was good and had fried onions on top!
Then for desert we had very nice and fluffy cheesecake with a Carmel sauce! And I had the chocolate raspberry lava cake. I enjoyed it very much. Much recommended.It had small chunks of chocolate on the bottom! Yum. It was a very nice attmosphere. The chef gave us fried chipeas as a welcome which were delectable.

Maria was our waitress and did a very good job! She was very attentive and always filling our water and was very proffesinal!! When you go, ask for Maria.
Micheal b. got a nice cabrina and it had a large wine list! Also I!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were visiting friends on Owasco Lake and they suggested we go here for dinner. I was a bit leery as I stay at a lot of Hilton Garden Inns and have not found their restaurant offerings to be at all upscale.

However, this is a real upscale restaurant not just an adjunct to a Hilton Garden Inn. Great menu, good wine list, excellent service.

I had shrimp cocktail followed by steak frites. There were 5 very large shrimp instead of the usual 4 most restaurants serve. The steak was prepared as requested and was in a very tasty reduction. My wife had the tenderloin fillet with both a red wine reduction and a green pepper sauce served on the side with sweet potato fries which were also excellent.

Service was excellent. We were in a joking mood and our lovely server got right into the mood with us