“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BeauVine Chophouse & Wine Bar - CLOSED

BeauVine Chophouse & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Transforming raw materials into delicious, modern fare. At the Refinery, you'll find fresh, locally sourced produce and meats that are transformed into refined, modern fare. Our drink menu includes carefully crafted cocktails, locally sourced wine and craft beer, as well as a selection of classics. All of our menu items have been inspired by this idea of using classic ingredients and recipes with a twist to make them unique and unlike anything you may have had before. When you enter the Refinery, you'll find a unique atmosphere filled with both raw and refined treatments, which are a nod to our namesake. You will be part of a dining experience unlike any other in Auburn, NY!
Williamsville
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our party of six had dinner here last weekend, the night before Easter. There were four adults and two teenagers in our party. We could not have asked for better food or service! Our server, Michael, took great care of us. This guy could work in any fine dining establishment anywhere. Our meal started with some fried chickpeas. I know they don't necessarily sound appetizing, but they were delicious and highly addictive. Even the fussy 16 yr. old thought so! I normally don't eat bread when it's brought out, because I don't want to get filled up and not be able to finish my meal, but I had to try their house made chiabatta bread. It was delicious. At this point, it was becoming clear that everything is fresh and made in house. What more could you ask for? The teenagers ordered off the tavern menu, and the adults ordered from the regular menu. They could not have been more accommodating, and there were absolutely no complaints about anything that was ordered. The unanimous opinion was that everything was wonderful. The appetizers that were ordered included french onion soup (described to me as one of the best he'd ever had anywhere), a special pear-cheddar soup of the day, and an Iceberg wedge salad - all great. The teenagers ordered a burger and a chicken sandwich (big surprise, right?), with a side of fries. The fries were served with house made ketchup and a remoulade. One of the girls wanted ranch dressing. That was promptly brought. It, too, is house made, and I was told it was the best ranch dressing she'd ever had. The adults all chose steaks - filets mignon or rib eye. All were perfectly prepared as requested. Steak toppings included a blue cheese crust and chimichurri sauce. They were both great, but the chimichurri was to die for. Three sides that were ordered to share included brussels sprouts, Utica greens, and truffle parmesan fries. The brussels sprouts were okay, but unremarkable. If everything else hadn't been so wonderful, we probably would have liked them better. The truffle fries and Utica greens were wonderful. Only one dessert was ordered - a flourless chocolate torte with raspberry sorbet - but many tried it. It was delicious. I would return here in a heartbeat. Sorry, but I have no photos to upload.

• Visited April 2013

Rural NY
“New treasure in Auburn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We received a gift certificate for our anniversary. We celebrated with a great meal! Our server was one of the best waitresses ever. Unusual that such a young staff would be so professional. Attentive and friendly but not overly so! Roasted chickpeas interesting and tasty! Visit from the manager a nice plus. The specials were very special. Nice combinations of foods - the squash bisque was unique and delicious. Portions more than adequate and beautifully served. Can't wait to go back and next time trying the homemade tater tots!

1 Thank Conquesthistory
Syracuse
“hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

we had heard about this place and wondered about a hotel based restaurant. From appearances, both the hotel and restaurant were really well done, and once we ate we knew we made a great choice. perfectly cooked steak, interesting sides, attentive staff and a great selection of NYS wines. definitely going back

2 Thank MEandTSyracuse
new york
“Delicious food complimented by excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We received a gift certificate to Beauvine from friends who raved about the place. We were a little put off by the fact that it was located in the Hilton, but were pleasently surprised to find a nice little dining room tucked behind the spacious bar. We were promptly seated by the friendly bartender and our charming and engaging server soon approached with some fried chick peas for us to enjoy while we looked over the menu. He recommended a glass of Sulberg merlot for me and my wife enjoyed a Thirsty Owl reisling, both of which were quite enjoyable. For appetizers, I had the calamari, which was very good and my wife had the farmers chopped salad, which was full of interesting veggies and had a tasty dressing. It was served with warm, fresh housemade bread. At our servers recommendation, for my entree I had one of the best steaks I've ever had, a 28 day aged steak. So very tender, juicy and delicious and cooked to a perfect medium rare. My wife had the thickest, juiciest pork chop I've ever seen. For our flight (choice of 3) sides we had the tator tots (not like Mom use to make), the roasted mushrooms and the mac and cheese, all of which were fabulous. The only bad thing that I can say is that we didn't have room for dessert. Our server informed us that that the outdoor seating area off the dining room will feature a fire pit and entertainment during the warmer months, so we look forward to returning for that, if not before. It's good to know that we can stay right in our hometown to have a dining experience that's out of this world.

3 Thank chrisrussed
Anderson, South Carolina
“Service was Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our entire family had dinner here one night and the wait service was fantastic. The food was good. Steaks were JUST OK and a bit pricey but the rest of our food was very good.

Visited December 2012