“Brand New Comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Auburn

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Kingman, Arizona
“Brand New Comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is brand new and the furnishing inside are very nice. We were in a suite which had a living area separate from the bedroom. This room was a very good size and everything was nice, new and comfortable. The mattress was not to soft or firm and we slept great the night we were there. The staff was very friendly upon check-in and check-out. We also had breakfast there the next morning and even though we though the price was a bit high it was nice to have a made to order omelette. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate it. We are absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel! Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I will certainly pass this along to everyone.
Once again I thank you and I hope you have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is brand new, and everything works as it should. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it's quite comfortable, clean, and nicely decorated.

The rooms were good sized, with a nice work area and a comfy armchair. We had two rooms, and the one on the back faced the highway, so it was on the noisy side. Nothing over the top, but still noisy. The one thing missing from the rooms was a safe.

Service was always attentive and helpful when we needed. The water bottle and restaurant coupon during check-in were nice touches, free wifi is always appreciated, and there was plenty of parking available. There's also water available at the lobby, the ones usually flavoured with lime, orange, or berries. Oddly enough, these were flavoured with pineapple (ok, I guess) and cucumber (???), which honestly tasted like salad.

The restaurant had good food and good ambiance, but poor service and high prices. Not worth it. The business centre, fitness centre and pool were good, clean and decent sized. However, the water temperature was cold, so I'm not sure it was being heated at all. We tried using it, but gave up after a few cold minutes.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, as we had a pleasant stay and would probably go back when we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AstroJunq
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the feedback from our guests. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations with our restaurant. I have passed these comments along to our Food and Beverage Manager. I have also let our chief engineer know about the pool so we can take a look and see what was going on.
Once again I thank you and we do hope you visit us again soon!
Have a great day!
New Hope, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is equipped with everything you need for a great stay. The amenities and décor are wonderful. It is located in a perfect spot to see the surrounding area. Staff is superb! The bar and restaurant are beautiful with a courtyard and chairs surrounding a fire pit. There is live entertainment on certain nights. Great food--no need to go out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your valued feedback and comments about our hotel!
We greatly appreciate you rating us on Trip Advisor.
I will absolutely pass these kind words along to the rest of our staff and we look forward to your next visit!
Have a wonderful day.
Naples, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Everything was very nice, Room was a nice size and very quiet. Top class construction with extra fine furniture. Super size bathroom with very nice shower. Best location in Auburn, NY Outside eating location with a fire going in the evening for enjoyment after dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. I am glad you found us to be the best location in Auburn, NY!
We look forward to your next visit.
Have a great day!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow! This is a lovely new (1 year old) Hilton garden inn. I am a hhonors member and I usually stay within the Hilton portfolio of hotels, but I had only stayed at 2 HGI's before this and I had a pleasant expericance. I was visiting the finger lakes and this was the only Hilton property in the area so, I stayed here and the location was ideal! It is less than a 10 minute drive to Skaneateles and a short drive to Oswasco lake!

I do not often give out many 5 stars, but this hotel went went up and beyond my standard. First, the lobby is like all HGI'S and the front desk was located in a very nice area not barging out into the lobby unlike other HGI'S. Next upon check in(very efficient) they offered me freshly baked oatmeal white chocolate chip squares and 2 types of infused waters! ( the cucumber is the best). The concierge was very helpful. Then at check in they told me where all the amenities of the hotel were located which hotels of this size (92 rooms this hotel) do not often do! Also the hotel is well marked with good signage.

LIVING ROOM-I stayed in the king suite on the fourth level. It was very clean and I love the white color theme(HGI standard model). First there is a desk and lovely sitting area with a pull out coach and ottoman and red soft chair! It also has a large panosonic tv! I requested a roll-a-way and it was there waiting for us!

BATHROOM-Then there was the bathroom and it has bed and bath body works products! It is again the clean and sheek white. This HGI is unique with the glass shower with no tub. ( I have seen this at double tree) right across from the bathroom is a closet with 2 opening door( better than Mirror sliding door). Right next to that is a microwave, coffee maker and good size fridge. (stainless steel!)

BEDROOM-Then to the left when you come out of the bathroom is the king bed. It was very comfortable and with good led lighting throughout the suite! It also has a seperate tv!

HOTEL AMENITIES- The pool was on the smaller side, but very kept. We swam in it 2X. We did not use the fitness center or business center but they looked nice. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel( got from wegmans) but the restaurant was good. ( I wrote a review for beau-vine chophouse )

All in all, I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again. Job well done Hilton! I will be staying in the Hilton portfolio again soon!
I also added pictures.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thank you so much for all your kind words! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your loyalty to the brand and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Once again I thank you and we look forward to your next visit!
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This still-new HGI property is outstanding in all respects. The hotel is easy to reach and has plenty of free parking out in front.
Check-in was quick thanks to the two very personable yet totally professional front-desk representatives. The hotel lobby is typical for an HGI and the hotel itself has all of the expected amenities (business center, guest laundry - only one machine however, fitness center, on-site restaurant, etc).
We had two rooms on the fourth floor, and both rooms were in excellent condition. The rooms were well furnished, had large flat-panel TV's with a good selection of channels, and all of the expected HGI features (coffee, microwave, fridge, etc). The bathroom was spotless and large, with a walk-in shower (water-flow was good). Room HVAC was good throughout the night. Bedding (a duvet) was extremely clean and yet had none of the "bleach smell" hotels sometimes have. A selection of pillow types allowed all of us to get a full and peaceful night's sleep.
Every staff member we interacted with during our stay was friendly and eager to make our stay enjoyable.
Overall this HGI property exceeded our expectations in all respects and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms facing the parking lot are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Flying_Lawyer
Thank you so much for your rating us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the wonderful comments and feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. I will absolutely pass these kind words along to the rest of our staff.
Once again I thank you and I hope you have a great day!
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully new HGI with friendly, welcoming staff. My husband and I stayed her for our first time on a recent visit to the area. Unfortunately this HGI does not live up to HGI standards. Our room was well appointed, as are all HGI rooms, but the bathroom reeked of mould! We could not see any obvious mould growth but the tiles had numerous cracks in the grout and we suspected it could be growing behind the walls. Breakfast was also a disappointment, I love poached eggs and prefer them done medium, not soft and runny but not hard either. I have ordered 2 eggs poached medium at HGIs throughout North America and have always been delivered exactly what I ordered. In Auburn, neither the waitress nor the cook had any idea what to do. Even with describing how I wanted them done and returning the first set of two, my eggs were delivered very undercooked with the whites barely gelled. The buffet was also very sparse and was not replenished. We ended up breakfasting elsewhere. On a positive note we had supper in the restaurant and the meal was exceptional! I would recommend the restaurant at night but find someplace else to stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of your guestroom as well as our breakfast offerings. We will use your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed your expectations and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Eric Ridley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!