“Make this your destination!”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is equipped with everything you need for a great stay. The amenities and décor are wonderful. It is located in a perfect spot to see the surrounding area. Staff is superb! The bar and restaurant are beautiful with a courtyard and chairs surrounding a fire pit. There is live entertainment on certain nights. Great food--no need to go out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your valued feedback and comments about our hotel!
We greatly appreciate you rating us on Trip Advisor.
I will absolutely pass these kind words along to the rest of our staff and we look forward to your next visit!
Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Everything was very nice, Room was a nice size and very quiet. Top class construction with extra fine furniture. Super size bathroom with very nice shower. Best location in Auburn, NY Outside eating location with a fire going in the evening for enjoyment after dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. I am glad you found us to be the best location in Auburn, NY!
We look forward to your next visit.
Have a great day!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow! This is a lovely new (1 year old) Hilton garden inn. I am a hhonors member and I usually stay within the Hilton portfolio of hotels, but I had only stayed at 2 HGI's before this and I had a pleasant expericance. I was visiting the finger lakes and this was the only Hilton property in the area so, I stayed here and the location was ideal! It is less than a 10 minute drive to Skaneateles and a short drive to Oswasco lake!

I do not often give out many 5 stars, but this hotel went went up and beyond my standard. First, the lobby is like all HGI'S and the front desk was located in a very nice area not barging out into the lobby unlike other HGI'S. Next upon check in(very efficient) they offered me freshly baked oatmeal white chocolate chip squares and 2 types of infused waters! ( the cucumber is the best). The concierge was very helpful. Then at check in they told me where all the amenities of the hotel were located which hotels of this size (92 rooms this hotel) do not often do! Also the hotel is well marked with good signage.

LIVING ROOM-I stayed in the king suite on the fourth level. It was very clean and I love the white color theme(HGI standard model). First there is a desk and lovely sitting area with a pull out coach and ottoman and red soft chair! It also has a large panosonic tv! I requested a roll-a-way and it was there waiting for us!

BATHROOM-Then there was the bathroom and it has bed and bath body works products! It is again the clean and sheek white. This HGI is unique with the glass shower with no tub. ( I have seen this at double tree) right across from the bathroom is a closet with 2 opening door( better than Mirror sliding door). Right next to that is a microwave, coffee maker and good size fridge. (stainless steel!)

BEDROOM-Then to the left when you come out of the bathroom is the king bed. It was very comfortable and with good led lighting throughout the suite! It also has a seperate tv!

HOTEL AMENITIES- The pool was on the smaller side, but very kept. We swam in it 2X. We did not use the fitness center or business center but they looked nice. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel( got from wegmans) but the restaurant was good. ( I wrote a review for beau-vine chophouse )

All in all, I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again. Job well done Hilton! I will be staying in the Hilton portfolio again soon!
I also added pictures.

• Stayed: August 2013

Wow, thank you so much for all your kind words! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your loyalty to the brand and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Once again I thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This still-new HGI property is outstanding in all respects. The hotel is easy to reach and has plenty of free parking out in front.
Check-in was quick thanks to the two very personable yet totally professional front-desk representatives. The hotel lobby is typical for an HGI and the hotel itself has all of the expected amenities (business center, guest laundry - only one machine however, fitness center, on-site restaurant, etc).
We had two rooms on the fourth floor, and both rooms were in excellent condition. The rooms were well furnished, had large flat-panel TV's with a good selection of channels, and all of the expected HGI features (coffee, microwave, fridge, etc). The bathroom was spotless and large, with a walk-in shower (water-flow was good). Room HVAC was good throughout the night. Bedding (a duvet) was extremely clean and yet had none of the "bleach smell" hotels sometimes have. A selection of pillow types allowed all of us to get a full and peaceful night's sleep.
Every staff member we interacted with during our stay was friendly and eager to make our stay enjoyable.
Overall this HGI property exceeded our expectations in all respects and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms facing the parking lot are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Flying_Lawyer

Thank you so much for your rating us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the wonderful comments and feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. I will absolutely pass these kind words along to the rest of our staff.
Once again I thank you and I hope you have a great day!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Beautifully new HGI with friendly, welcoming staff. My husband and I stayed her for our first time on a recent visit to the area. Unfortunately this HGI does not live up to HGI standards. Our room was well appointed, as are all HGI rooms, but the bathroom reeked of mould! We could not see any obvious mould growth but the tiles had numerous cracks in the grout and we suspected it could be growing behind the walls. Breakfast was also a disappointment, I love poached eggs and prefer them done medium, not soft and runny but not hard either. I have ordered 2 eggs poached medium at HGIs throughout North America and have always been delivered exactly what I ordered. In Auburn, neither the waitress nor the cook had any idea what to do. Even with describing how I wanted them done and returning the first set of two, my eggs were delivered very undercooked with the whites barely gelled. The buffet was also very sparse and was not replenished. We ended up breakfasting elsewhere. On a positive note we had supper in the restaurant and the meal was exceptional! I would recommend the restaurant at night but find someplace else to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of your guestroom as well as our breakfast offerings. We will use your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed your expectations and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Eric Ridley

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our group stayed at this new HGI for two days/nights in mid-August, and we would not hesitate to come back again or to recommend it to others.

Beautiful hotel in and out, quiet rooms, nice safe location, but most notably a hotel (or restaurant) can be made or broken by the dedication of its staff to serve the customers, and here, this hotel excelled.

Restaurant and bar were very good, complete with an outdoor garden/courtyard with a pleasing gas-fired firepit. A soaring atrium accents the lobby in the style of a much bigger hotel, Rooms are spacious, with extremely comfortable beds and first-rate Hi Def large-screen TVs (truly "state of the art") and a very good selection of programs/channels.

None of these would matter all that much without a good staff to take care of their guests and make us feel right at home. From the management, through to front desk and restaurant people and even maintenance staff, everyone at this HGI has a most helpful attitude towards their guests, and this was the very significant icing on the cake. Special thanks to Rita T. who made all of our group feel like VIPs, and who was seemingly ever-present to assure our satisfaction. Ben at the Front Desk was similarly always ready to help and smooth the way with any request or special need we had.

A wish-list? Room safes would be good, and more servers for banquet events so that guests don't have to be their own waiters and serve themselves as if we were at home. It's nice to be made to feel right at home, but not quite like that!

All in all, a premium hotel within easy reach of dozens of Finger Lakes attractions, well worth the price, and very pleasant in so many ways. Looking forward to returning here again! Highly recommended for location, cleanliness, service, facilities/amenities and the many good people who work there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, clean and spacious, but it doesn't hurt to ask if you can see a room bef...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you so much for rating us on Trip Advisor and for all your kind words! I will absolutely pass these comments along to the rest of our staff. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel!! Please visit us again soon and have a great day!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A great hotel with efficient, friendly staff! Food in the lounge was as good as any restaurant in the area. From the minute we checked in until our checkout, the staff could not be more accommodating!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was so accommodating! We really appreciate the feedback and we hope you stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!