“Finger Lakes Region” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Ottawa, Canada
“Finger Lakes Region”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is convenient to the eastern Finger Lakes of New York. Very attractive rooms including our needed roll-in shower which was spacious with a separate livingroom area. Excellent breakfast for a reasonable charge. Very attractive lobby.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Montgomery Village, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The occasion was my wife's fathers funeral. There were numerous family members coming in to Auburn from California, Alaska, Washington and Maryland. The hotel staff was excellent in making a bereavement rate available and in handling all the varied room requests in a superior manner, including some special billing arrangements.

This hotel opened just a few months ago and is sparkling new, with a beautiful, airy, high-ceiling lobby. We had a king room that was large and well-appointed. Flat screen HDTV, very comfortable bed, microwave, mini-fridge, desk and complimentary wi-fi. Very nice bath with excellent amenities. The room was quiet and the individual air conditioning unit was just right for us.

I used the workout room and it is nicely equipped with two each treadmills and ellipticals, one stationary bike, a bank of barbells and a universal machine. There is also a small pool. Not huge, but certainly enough equipment and room for a good workout. It was always immaculately clean.

The staff was friendly and it seemed everyone from the front desk to wait staff and cleaning staff went out of their way to greet or acknowledge the guests. They were also all very quick to provide directions or recommendations for sightseeing, dining, etc.

The bar was friendly and had a nice selection of microbrews on tap. Once again, the wait staff was excellent...fast, efficient and friendly.

The restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. The emphasis was on fresh and local, and they delivered. Great salads, terrific soups...everything we ate at the restaurant or bar was excellent. The night we arrived I had a salad, salmon, asparagus, and local potato, and my wife had carrot soup, and lobster rolls that were absolutely fantastic. The entire dinner was a real hit with us. Once again, the wait staff was very friendly, had extensive knowledge of the menu and were efficient.

The hotel is just super in every regard. The staff has obviously been very well trained and the whole atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and just happy. It's a beautiful facility and they keep it sparkling clean from lobby to rooms and even the fitness/pool area. You see the pride the staff has in the hotel and all it has to offer...THE place to stay in Auburn!

1 Thank jwhallgren
Montrose, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family stayed here recently and it was very nice. The facility is immaculate, with a nice little bar area and workout room. The location is easy to get to, yet very quiet. We would definitely stay there again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Delighted to find this new hotel in Auburn. We visit there about 3 times a year and this is clearly the best hotel in the area. Great restaurant too with excellent food selection and quality. Great lobby, excellent bar, good workout room and wonderful beds. Who could ask for more?

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a fantastic first stay at a new hotel in Auburn, NY. The Hilton Garden Inn has absolutely everything a business or leisure traveler would want. The property is clean, spacious, has all the basics (gym, free internet, business center) but also has a great lobby, bar and a restaurant.

I was blown away by the friendly, well trained staff - everyone had a smile on their face and was so helpful.

I grew up in Auburn and return once or twice a year to visit family and friends. The Hilton is a great addition to our town and a great value. Tourists, take note!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments! I noticed that you are from Auburn and I must say that not only do our out if town travelers love our hotel, so too do those from Auburn that are visiting home! We have made a commitment to being a community partner in Auburn and we are so glad you loved the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
HAMBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel, last week, Very Good Service, excellent rooms, great breakfast package.
The restaurant- bar staff and food was also very good. I would highly recommend this hotel and we plan on going back

Room Tip: King Junior Suites are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DECA56
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We take a great deal of pride in our level of service throughout the hotel. We are also glad you were able to enjoy both our Garden Grill for breakfast, and BeauVine Chop House for dinner! Each of our team members is empowered to make your stay great and we are certainly glad you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again!

Eric Ridley
Toronto Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I always look forward to my Hilton getaways with the knowledge Hilton properties provide certain standards with customer satisfaction guarantees worth paying a little extra for. Combining this with positive reviews on Tripadvisor my wife and I decided on four days at the Auburn NY Hilton Garden Inn anticipating the usual Hilton satisfaction.
Unfortunately a series of inconveniences mounted in a manner that sullied this trip.
Upon arrival there was no coffee in our room, no big deal once, however the next morning the coffee was not renewed and I had to find the housekeeper who managed to locate one regular package. The second morning we still did not receive coffee and I went to the front desk and they also located one packet however they informed me of a shortage of regular coffee.
On the third morning I decided to take advantage of the coffee in the lobby but believe it or not they ran out of paper cups, I reported this to a very pleasant but somewhat flustered front desk clerk, he relayed my concern to a Lady I assume was his superior standing at the front desk chatting to cleaning staff, this person rather rudely did not even acknowledge I was there and spoke directly to the clerk telling him the only option was to use porcelain mugs for the breakfast set up.
I have to laugh as I recall this but believe it or not there were no clean mugs available I searched tables with a buffet employee and located one for myself and another guest having the same problem. This is where the inexperience of the hotel was evident, tables were loaded with dirty mugs and other unwashed utensils, no shortage of mugs just inefficient use of the hard working buffet employees.
As stated compounded small incidents resulted in an unacceptable Hilton experience that certainly fell short of their “Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise.” I reported my experiences on the follow up guest survey and received an apology which included “our team has new procedures in place to ensure that this will never happen again.”
To be fair the hotel is overall very nice, fresh and pleasant, staff try hard and are generally friendly and professional, if occasionally inexperienced.
As the establishment has a lot of positives and everyone deserves a second chance we shall probably stay here again in our Finger Lake travels and I am assuming time, experience and improved procedures will rectify the fundamental issues I detailed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlyingScotsAl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!