“Best hotel in Auburn”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Delighted to find this new hotel in Auburn. We visit there about 3 times a year and this is clearly the best hotel in the area. Great restaurant too with excellent food selection and quality. Great lobby, excellent bar, good workout room and wonderful beds. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a fantastic first stay at a new hotel in Auburn, NY. The Hilton Garden Inn has absolutely everything a business or leisure traveler would want. The property is clean, spacious, has all the basics (gym, free internet, business center) but also has a great lobby, bar and a restaurant.

I was blown away by the friendly, well trained staff - everyone had a smile on their face and was so helpful.

I grew up in Auburn and return once or twice a year to visit family and friends. The Hilton is a great addition to our town and a great value. Tourists, take note!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments! I noticed that you are from Auburn and I must say that not only do our out if town travelers love our hotel, so too do those from Auburn that are visiting home! We have made a commitment to being a community partner in Auburn and we are so glad you loved the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel, last week, Very Good Service, excellent rooms, great breakfast package.
The restaurant- bar staff and food was also very good. I would highly recommend this hotel and we plan on going back

Room Tip: King Junior Suites are great.
1  Thank DECA56
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We take a great deal of pride in our level of service throughout the hotel. We are also glad you were able to enjoy both our Garden Grill for breakfast, and BeauVine Chop House for dinner! Each of our team members is empowered to make your stay great and we are certainly glad you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again!

Eric Ridley

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I always look forward to my Hilton getaways with the knowledge Hilton properties provide certain standards with customer satisfaction guarantees worth paying a little extra for. Combining this with positive reviews on Tripadvisor my wife and I decided on four days at the Auburn NY Hilton Garden Inn anticipating the usual Hilton satisfaction.
Unfortunately a series of inconveniences mounted in a manner that sullied this trip.
Upon arrival there was no coffee in our room, no big deal once, however the next morning the coffee was not renewed and I had to find the housekeeper who managed to locate one regular package. The second morning we still did not receive coffee and I went to the front desk and they also located one packet however they informed me of a shortage of regular coffee.
On the third morning I decided to take advantage of the coffee in the lobby but believe it or not they ran out of paper cups, I reported this to a very pleasant but somewhat flustered front desk clerk, he relayed my concern to a Lady I assume was his superior standing at the front desk chatting to cleaning staff, this person rather rudely did not even acknowledge I was there and spoke directly to the clerk telling him the only option was to use porcelain mugs for the breakfast set up.
I have to laugh as I recall this but believe it or not there were no clean mugs available I searched tables with a buffet employee and located one for myself and another guest having the same problem. This is where the inexperience of the hotel was evident, tables were loaded with dirty mugs and other unwashed utensils, no shortage of mugs just inefficient use of the hard working buffet employees.
As stated compounded small incidents resulted in an unacceptable Hilton experience that certainly fell short of their “Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise.” I reported my experiences on the follow up guest survey and received an apology which included “our team has new procedures in place to ensure that this will never happen again.”
To be fair the hotel is overall very nice, fresh and pleasant, staff try hard and are generally friendly and professional, if occasionally inexperienced.
As the establishment has a lot of positives and everyone deserves a second chance we shall probably stay here again in our Finger Lake travels and I am assuming time, experience and improved procedures will rectify the fundamental issues I detailed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FlyingScotsAl
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were thrilled at finding such a lovely hotel in the Finger Lakes. The rooms were well appointed, the beds were comfortable and clean and the staff were outstanding.....very friendly and professional. We were also surprised by the restaurant....Beauvine. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and also professional. It was really a treat to stay in the hotel and we would certainly stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn again.

Room Tip: We could not comment on the spa since we did not use it.
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Newly built and opened in August 2012. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. Very comfortable beds. Breakfast offering is very economical at $10 per person.
The staff was very accommodating.
The restaurant, Beauvine is a steakhouse, food is really delicious! They are still working out service kinks, but over all a really good place.
I would have rated them separately but they are not listed on Trip.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was everything you would expect from a brand new hotel. The added surprise was the great restaurant inside the hotel called the Beau Vine Steak house which was also excellent. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The town of Auburn is also charming, ask any local about the sites and they will tell you. About 10 minutes away is Skaneateles (pronounced Skinnyatlas by locals). This town looks like something out of Norman Rockwell painting and is a must go to for shops and dining. It boasts to be on the cleanest of all the Fingerlakes and has a charming cruise available to show you all the sites from the water. I would love to see what it looks like at Christmas!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sierra129
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!