“Great place for a traveling family”

Inn at the Finger Lakes
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great place for a traveling family”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Best stay yet for our young family. Staff was pleasant, the place is kept in great shape. Book a stay with confidence that you'll be taken care of. Hassle free, the room smelled like a hotel room should. The whole place has a good amount of character.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank codahz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
North East, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We grew up in the area and have stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting family. Our most recent visit was an expensive one. The area hotels were all in demand and the prices were high all over. We paid double the usual price, but we did get one of the regular size rooms. Rooms on one side of the hall are very compact. This used to be a Microtel and it is obvious. The room and bathroom was clean and the staff was friendly and pleasant. Two bus tours and a wedding group were also at the hotel at the same time. The wedding party was loud and obnoxious on Saturday night which made our night less than pleasant. The breakfast is not the greatest but at least it is something to start the day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne C
Placerville, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed 5 nights here in a junior suite (3rd floor) and it was pretty good.

I called to make my reservation and since my husband and I were staying for a long period of time, I wanted a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The standard rooms don't have this so I booked the very last jr. suite. I asked for a AAA discount and the manager ok'd it. I requested no down pillows and to be on the other side of the hotel away from the arterial as previous reviews stated. My parents were also staying at the same time but they go the standard room on the 1st floor.

The room was a good size and clean. They did put us on the arterial side of the hotel, but my earplugs helped with the noise. I wrote a note to the cleaning staff to not change the soaps like they did on the 1st cleaning. Seemed like a waste considering they are using "green" products. The pillows were horrible. Flat and lifeless. Bed was comfortable and we slept well. I was able to have the window open to get fresh air.

My folks room was on the 1st floor and they told me that a wedding party was staying for the weekend so that's why they had no rooms left for a jr. suite. After a long day of kayaking in the Adirondack's and getting home near midnight, my parents retired to their room which was quiet since they were on the 1st floor. When we got off the elevator to our floor, it was a noisy party scene. People were drunk and stumbling in the hallway with open containers, room doors were open with loud music and yelling, and kids were running up and down the hallway. I felt like I was back in the college dorms! I was more than irritated so I went back down to the front desk and the lady at the desk immediately went to take care of it. By the time I went back upstairs, the doors were shut which reduced the noise, but still people were drunk and running the hallways. This happened the next day and night too. Two bus loads of people. The older folks stayed on the 1st floor so it was very quiet.

The breakfast was ok. Hard boiled eggs, cereal, breads, yogurt, tea, etc. By the 5th day, I had to eat out.

The price seemed a bit steep, but still cheaper than the Hilton which would have been my 1st choice. If I were to stay here again, I would ask if there was some insane wedding party staying during the time, and I would probably get a standard room on the 1st floor. Much quieter. The rest of our stay was very quiet, but just don't want to risk another dorm experience.

Room Tip: Ask for good pillows, room away from the arterial side, and ask if there are any large groups of peo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a double queen bedroom in the Inn at the finger lakes. Couldnt fault the room or the very friendly staff, who kindly gave us redommendations on where we could to eat. Good value for money very well run place. Location was perfect for visiting various options we had in mind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank elliemay13
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Inn in Sept 2013 with my boyfriend in a king bed room. Everything in about the hotel's quality was very nice, though our room was extremely compact. I think this is worth mentioning because if someone wanted to bring in a portable crib or playpen for a baby there would be no space for it.

Other than the space issue, our room had a lovely window seat and a desk to sit at. The window had light blocking curtains, which is important to me. The toiletries were nice.

We went into breakfast at 9:58 and were told we had to get our breakfast quickly as they were closing at 10. We were allowed to take a tray of food to our room to eat it. They had bagels, muffins, yogurt, and some fruit. I don't remember if there were any hot food options because we were in such a rush.

I would recommend this place to others going through the area. Auburn is easily accessible to Skaneatles, which is a cute village on top of one of the Finger Lakes. Auburn itself is cute too, with some shops, restaurants, and historic buildings. I saw that there was at least one bar which was open in the evening.

Room Tip: King room was tight on space. Wheelchairs or strollers may have a hard time fitting in some rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole T
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are looking for a true four star hotel this is not it, but if you are looking for a great value priced place than this is it. Very clean rooms, some smaller than others. Very well managed with a truly caring and considerate staff. This feels like a well run family owned inn with personal attention. The wine reception is adequate as is the breakfast. No more and no less. My wife and I traveled here on a senior bus tour of the area and stayed here 3 nights. When we travel alone we only stay in 4 and 5 star facilities, but were not disappointed for what this hotel offered. If you travel on a budget and want a place you can you can comfortably sleep then give this place a try. The beds are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room with queen bed. I don't think they have king.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TheWiseOldOwl2
Marshall, Michigan
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We just got back from a week at the Inn at the Finger Lakes. We couldn't have been more pleased with everything about it. The location was perfect - so much to see and do in the area. Each day we set out for a day trip and never lacked for a thing to do or see. The room was cozy, but had everything we needed. Breakfast was perfect and they even have wine receptions!! I was able to do a load of laundry while there! The staff was very friendly and accomodating - it just felt like home. We will for sure stay again when we are in the area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susan w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Skaneateles Suites
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort

Been to Inn at the Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!