All reviews room was spotless stayed here owner sue adjoining rooms snacks and drinks definitely stay here again very pleasant stay fresh fruit beds were comfortable dove skaneateles motel retro microwave pillows hairdryer accommodations
Reviewed February 25, 2018

My mom and I stayed here when we came to visit a friend a few months ago, back in October. We were driving in from out of state. I got a text message from one of the employees (her name was Sue) while we were still several hours away -- she gave me the office hours and asked if that would work with our arrival time, and gave me an after-office-hours number to call or text should we have problems and wind up arriving later than we anticipated. The lady who was working at the desk when we arrived was polite and we had no problems checking in. The room was small but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, the shower had plenty of hot water, the pillows were comfortable, etc. Housekeeping was polite and helpful. We spoke briefly to the owner and she seemed kind and professional. She left us fruit, granola bars, etc. and a sweet note the morning we checked out. We were pleased with this inn and I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Susan D, Owner at Skaneateles Inn on 20, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. I greatly appreciate it. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Reserved a room on 10/9 with hotels.com. Contacted me immediately to tell me the hotel was booked for my room preference, but was able to change to a different room. 11/11, 6 days before stay, decided to cancel reservation because “people aren’t leaving” their rooms.

With an event in the area, it would be nice if they could manage their hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Susan D, Owner at Skaneateles Inn on 20, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

I absolutely hated to call and tell these folks that I could not accommodate them. It is the first time I have had to do this. I offered to help them find another accommodation. It is truly something I did as a last resort. My sincere apologies.

Sue Dove
Owner

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

I gave this place a 5 because I got exactly what I expected. It was a decent place with a reasonable price. It is old, but well maintained and very clean. The people were very kind and left snacks and drinks for us. There is a pool, which we did not use. It was great for a quick overnight stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Susan D, Owner at Skaneateles Inn on 20, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. You described our place very well. We offer clean and comfortable! Thanks again for staying!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

My grandchildren loved the pool. My daughter and I were very happy with the cleanliness and the closeness to town. It was away from the noise of the village center. I. Went back a step in time as I went into the bathroom and saw the green and black tile. It was spotless. I stayed here a few years ago and was very happy to see that it has been kept up so well. I will stay here again on my next trip to Skaneateles.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Susan D, Owner at Skaneateles Inn on 20, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I really appreciate your kind words. I am glad you all had a good time. Have a great rest of the summer!

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

This is an ideal stay - clean, quiet, comfortable. Tastefully appointed with everything you need: microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The owner, Sue, is accommodating and helpful in every way. We will come again!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Susan D, Owner at Skaneateles Inn on 20, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a complimentary review. I can't thank you enough. I hope you have a great rest of the summer!