“Good food”

Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

In central New York where portions tend to be gargantuan, Moro's has reasonable sized portions of well prepared food. The daily specials always include fresh fish, and they focus on Mediterranean but not necessarily Italian preparation. There is also a good Finger Lakes wine selection.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a regular haunt for my wife and I and we go back often either for dinner or appetizers at the bar. We recently visited NYC for a few days and had an eye opening experience. We had dinner at a Michelin 1 star restaurant and realized the Moro's food is every bit as good and possibly a bit better. The outstanding food and great service whether at a table or at Jill's bar make this spot not to be missed. It is worth a drive. We particularly like the small and large options for entrees. The mussels and the sushi make great appetizers. Creative flavors, well prepared foods, fairly priced, and Ed Moro is an very talented and involved chef. Moro's has the whole package.

The bar is a also great spot for the solo traveler, as Jill takes great care of everyone and the bar service is a step above the norm.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Whenever we go to the US (we live in Canada), our culinary expectations tend to be quite low. We find most restaurants serve large portions of deep-fried, cheese-covered, chicken, pizza, burgers or pasta.
While planning a weekend visit with friends in Ithaca, we scoured the region for restaurants north of there and found Moro's Table. The menu looked imaginative and promising. And it was favourably reviewed on TA.
As soon as we walked in, the very high noise level was striking. The decor is smart and contemporary and, as such, doesn't do much to buffer the noise. Our waitress was extremely pleasant; the service prompt.
Given our experience with humungous portions, their offering half sizes of main courses was appealing. My partner started with salmon/avocado sushi. He said it was good, but nothing special - perhaps an inevitable consequence of having sushi in a non-Japanese restaurant. I had the pork belly appetizer. It was very good. The meat was tender and the fat meltingly soft. There were Asian flavours, poached apples and mixed greens. It is something I would highly recommend.
For our main courses we had sirloin steak and a lobster/cod dish both in half portions. The steak came medium rare, as ordered, with a nice charred flavour. The lobster/cod dish was disappointing. The cod filet was slightly overcooked. There was no perceptible seasoning. But more troubling was the fact that this particular piece was particularly chewy and full of bones at one end. There was a piece of very soft, what appeared to be, tail from a very tiny lobster. It certainly didn't taste of fresh Maine lobster.
Not wanting to disrupt the flow of the meal and to have to wait for another dish (were one to have been offered) I didn't say anything about it until the waitress cleared the table. At this point, the comment was more for the benefit of the kitchen than for me. The maître d' came by and offered us complementary ice wine or port which was a nice gesture but which didn't really make up for the oversight with the dish.
For dessert, we had their signature bread pudding and molten chocolate cake. Both were good for what they were but neither was memorable.
Having tried a limited selection of what they had to offer, based on our experience, we probably wouldn't make a special trip to this restaurant. It was, however, superior to the standard fare in upstate New York.

1  Thank boundary
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We enjoyed a meal at this restaurant w/ friends. I was impressed right from the moment I made our reservation when they asked if we had any food allergies that they can accommodate and was the visit for a special occasion. I had the feeling this was a unique place. All of our meals were enjoyable and served by a very helpful waitress who answered all of our questions. The only concern I have is the value issue. they have two prices for each entree; the "smaller" version price and a "larger" price version. However, when you pay $14 and receive 2 scallops as the main entree I begin to waiver when I think about coming returning for anything but a special occasion. My meal of sirloin beef (large portion - 6 oz) was delicious and filling. I will return sometime and recommend the restaurant to my friends,but there are some concerns. The place was busy tonight and was slight noisy.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was thoroughly impressed with our experience at Moro's Table. I would say that the menu is fusion food. There are many different options. What I liked most about the menu is that you could go and do a tapas style dinner, or you could do something more traditional like a salad and entree. He did a great job with pulling flavors from all parts of the world. There are some different sushi roll options. He also has mussels offered in five or six different broths. Overall, I think anyone could find something to be satisfied with. It is expensive, but it also doesn't have to be if you did a tapas style dinner.