“A Hidden Haven”
Review of La Traviesa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cavite City
La Traviesa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cavite City
Luzon, Philippines
“A Hidden Haven”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to La Traviesa as a final overnight trip/vacation for the kids before school opened. We were surprised to find a very green, homey and adequately staffed place like this in the hidden streets of Cavite.

We were voluntarily upgraded to a hotel room which we greatly appreciated. The room was spacious and very clean. Ambiance was great and the bathroom, which is always my favorite place is neatly equipped with hot shower and modern fixtures.

Room service was fast, and we were amazed how delicious their food was, snacks, breakfast and meals. The Videoke room was also nice, but the power supply of the player keeps shutting off after an an hour and a half of usage, so we only stayed 2 hours while enjoying dinner. They have 2 pools, 1 kiddie and 1 adult pool. Water is dependent upon the weather, hot during summer and cold at nights.

Room Tip: Rooms are great...get any room and you'll love it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Room- big,clean,interior was ok,privacy yes...
Location- a little bit far as I expected... From edsa took 1bus,mini bus.plus 2 jeepneys... Cost of P82 one way
Food- breakfast was included in the accomodation for me it was failed....
Amenities- only pool but ok
Service-lower than the average...especially in food servings
It was still good day for us...still recommended...

• Stayed June 2013
Cavite City, Philippines
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're looking at having a staycation spot in Cavite (outside Tagaytay), I highly suggest La Traviesa. Forget the Microtel Inn & Suites. La Traviesa has way better customer service, ambiance and facilities. (I stayed at the Microtel Inn once and it was very disappointing).

Why do I recommend La Traviesa?

La Traviesa has a beautifully landscaped garden, a "lovers' lane," as I call it, clean and well-maintained swimming pools, spacious and clean rooms, a couple of videoke rooms for those who love to sing.

Let's talk about the rooms. It's not your typical hotel room that is cramped up and you have to walk sideways to get to the other side of the room, has a bulk TV, and that the only thing you can do there is lay down and watch TV or bore yourself to sleep.

The rooms at La Traviesa has a LOT of space-- I'd say double of what you'd usually expect in standard or deluxe rooms. Here, you can walk around if you need to practice a speech, lounge on the wide sofa, do yoga, practice a dance routine, have a romantic dinner (yes, it's THAT spacious) or stay at the veranda to either watch the sunrise or sunset (depends on which side of the building you're at).

The color theme is not boring at all. It's warm and is very welcoming. The bathroom has decent space and elegantly designed.

I want to share more, but I'm getting tired from work. Hm... what else?

Things you can do here:

Go on a date
Swim
Take a stroll
Jog
Dine al fresco (garden or veranda)
Drink
Sing
Dance
Hold a party
Have a surprise romantic al fresco dinner (the staff will be more than happy to set this up for you)
Eat with family or friends by the pool
Chill
Propose to your girlfriend/boyfriend
Take photos (of the sunset, sunrise, the garden, of yourself, etc.)
Check out the chef's herbal garden
Do yoga
Camp out (there are tents for rent)
Do somersaults (in the room or in the garden)
Read (by the pool, in the room or in the garden)
Meditate
Have a hilot massage (it was so good I fell asleep and snored)
Learn how to swim (3-foot pool for kids and 5-foot pool for adults)
Ask for a discount when you come back ; )
Stare at the farm nearby
Observe how fast the sun sets
Watch TV
Sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ViArboleda
Bacoor, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we stayed there for one night 2 weeks ago. It was the first time for us there. We booked it last minute, after looking at other Cavite resorts online. They didn't require any reservation fee or card details, although they do accept Visa and Mastercard, which we availed of. They were very accommodating on the phone, when I made the reservation just a few days before. They entertained all my questions. Their website doesn't promote all their amenities enough, so I was surprised to learn that they did have a teamaker, a small fridge, a closet, and a 40-inch LCD tv in the room. The only thing missing is a hair dryer, and I found their towel hooks/rods a bit lacking. Their bathrooms are so nicely decorated, as well as the room interiors.

I think the owner was going for an overall feel of a small & modern type of spanish/tropical/country resort, which we appreciated very much. Everywhere you look, you will be greeted by the little intricate architectural design details of the doors, windows, banisters, walkways, even the gazebos around the pools. I really hope management will not let the place go, and have periodic professional maintenance of the amenities, as well as the staff.

All the staff we spoke with were pleasant, had the right balance of being friendly but reserved, at the same time. I've just purchased a voucher from ensogo, and can't wait til we use it for some much needed relaxation time here at la traviesa.

Room Tip: choose a room on the second floor, with balcony so you could have a nice aerial view when u go outsi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank Mishelika
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 2, 2013

most of the staff are friendly and accommodating. even from the time i made my reservation. they allowed us to check-in an hour early. the bathroom fixtures are nice. hot and cold shower: not a problem. night swimming is perfect because the water in the pool is warm. my kids felt at home. Easy to travel even if you'll take public transpo. only downside is the wifi.

Room Tip: choose the grand villa rooms facing the road so you'll see the sunrise and the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 25 in Tagaytay
Mount Sea Resort
Mount Sea Resort
#1 of 1 in Rosario

Been to La Traviesa? Share your experiences!