“Decent hotel”

Manila, Philippines
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The good part:
We had a really good massage at their spa!
We got the room that we requested for. Though not astounding, the room we got was spacious and has a bath tub.
Breakfast buffet was ok. One waiter personally attended to us and asked us what kind of omelet we wanted.
The place is not that far from Manila.

Not so good:
The water park restrooms are not very clean.
Food is not delicious, and quite expensive.
No one offered to help us with our bags.
No one suggested activities for us.

Room Tip: Request for a bath tub in your room
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank iamahappyrobot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Our family went here several weeks ago. I was so disappointed how much it has deteriorated. We were here in 2007 and it was very well kept then. Their waterpark has very dirty toilets, epecially the ones near the pool for kids. One cubicle had feces on the floor. When I asked one of the employees to clean them, I was told that there was not enough of them to clean the place up. I was wondering why the resort can not hire additional employess when they are charging a lot for entrance to the water parks. The food was a rip off! You are not allowed to bring in food so you have no choice but to buy in their restaurant. It was way too expensive for the quality. Like the tuna sandwich was 140 pesos, chips that would cost less than 10 pesos in the grocery are being sold for 30 pesos. I wouldnt mind paying a lot for food if it was worth it, but it was not. Their pancit was one of the worst I've had. Also, service in the restaurant was also very poor and sloooow. The pools were also dirty. A lot of floating debris. They were obviously have not been cleaned. The monoblock chairs and tables around the poolside were also very dirty. Honestly, they should throw and burn these monoblock chairs and tables already because, they are so dirty that dirt has already stucked to them permanently (thats why they are brown anymore and not white). We really had an awful experience in their water resort and I'll probably not bring any of my family and friends back here anymore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank mzphr77

Travelers are raving about these Cavite City hotels

pasay, philippines
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This resort/hotel has complete amenities and facilities. What I dislike is that it is surrounded by polluted waters of the Manila Bay. The foods are expensive and not fresh. Okey for a family vacation to rest and play.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rickyrose
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stayed here for a week last July 2009. It is very close to my parents and I have 2 children and I thought this would be the best place for them. It is a very disappointing stay for some of the lampshade or air conditioner are not working. The bathroom have molds in the bathroom tiles and when we asked the housekeeper to clean our bathroom they said they don't have bleach to clean it. Some of the bed and cabinets are broken, the window screen are also broken. They have good advertisement but the facility are not well kept. They don't have a good service. Too sad to tell the truth.Unfortunately, I wont recommend staying in this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank khaymiranda
Philippines
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Read both good and not very good reviews of this place. Isn't it hard to be objective..
I'm here with my 5-year old son. There's much to do. And we feel safe since we are secluded from public Philippine city and surroundings - right at first days of visit in this country.
As far as theft or security: there's a post by street to come on to this island, and we are checked - or smiled at now, going in or out.
It was easy to get here by cab. Everyone knows about the place. Right outside it seems poor and dirty yes, but here it's pleasant. Much is worn down, yes. But they keep it clean. Breakfast is not numerous choices, but it's food and it's cooked just fine. They could use a childrens menu, since they are a family-place, but we just asked for cornflakes and got it or changed toppings on pizza etc. All staff are very nice and helpful. The spa is NOT worn down and theres good service. It's inexpensive for treats.
I've received much help from staff as far as going outside this place and front desk has taken care of business, I've introduced them to, right away.
Two small bottled waters every day delivered in fridge every day with cleaning room.
The zoo is under 'construction' and does need some updating.. They charge 75 pesos - about a pound/a buck and a half and so for euro, to walk us around the crocodile area.. which again needs upgrading. They sweep leaves every morning. Yes, they could spend more time in fixing small things, but who am I to judge their economy. It's less expensive to just keep surface clean than fix something. However we've seen them fix cement-walk around fantastic oceania water pool: Yeah, the slopes could be covered in something better looking or done more neat with plants, but my son can walk with me all around while I swim AROUND.. so many pools are to turn around when swimming. It's a good swim. Kiddie Pool is not updated, everything here needs a brush of paint or a small fixing. But it's here! and it's secluded. Plants and grass are just fine. There's ONE THING noone mentioned and I'm sad to tell it, due to the opportunities this place offer for security to our kids.. 'cause when I tell you this, many will stay away: sorry Island Cove: There's a plane fairly close over our heads every 5-10 minute!! Airport is close. (45 minutes by cab) But my boy loves to see those 'birds' up underneath..! So over all: perfect with kids. Fine with me. I'm here for my son. AND I've seen them get ready for a big party: and they worked hard: reception was held at Oceania Park and thou plastic chairs - 'n tables, they fixed up with bright tablecloths. And the dinner held at the concerthall, looked to be very neat with all chairs covered in white to the floor. Maybe it's normal philippian style, I don't know, but it looked to be a beautiful party for all to enjoy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank priviliged
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I was there with my friend who's about to get married to take prenuptial videos. It was actually a gift that I would like to give them for their wedding.

We went to their Fishing Village restaurant to prepare there and take some shots. Of course we ordered some food from there. As a matter of fact, our bill summed up to more than a thousand pesos just for the food so that we could be considered as significant customers. We made it a point that we ordered every once in a while. We even rented their bike for an hour. The staff at the fishing village watched us in amusement as we shot each funny scene, they were in fact pretty accommodating.

After that we went to their hotel coffee shop to take shots there as well and the same as what we did at the Fishing Village, we ordered some food, pastries and coffee. I even planned to book my family vacation there because the staff seemed friendly and accommodating. I was as a matter of fact already preparing my card to pay for the booking. I can't believe my friend and I even discussed having their wedding reception there! It would've been a total disaster given the character of their staff.

They let us shoot there until our video was almost finished. Right at the very last part of our shoot (while shooting the last scenes) the bellboy approached us and asked us if we had a permit. That caught me by surprise... they never asked us for any permit when we started and besides it was a personal video that we're shooting. As a matter of fact, we just brought entry level dslr's. All of a sudden, everybody was stopping us from taking pictures or videos. The front desk officer, the bellboy... etc. It was very embarrassing because it was very much unexpected. They are a resort, why would they stop customers from taking personal videos?? And that isn't the worst part, after all the embarrassment, we all just decided to leave unable to finish our meals.

We weren't even able to wait for our service to arrive as we felt we had to leave before our expected time. Who would want to stay if you're already being embarrassed and demeaned by their staff?? Imagine having to walk out of that place!

WORST PART: On our way out, we decided to stop by the bridge and take a bit more shots. I can't believe that the staff at the hotel actually had this security guard named JOHN go after us to tell us not to take pictures at the bridge. My brother got frustrated and asked him since when did they stop allowing customers to take pictures within the resort and he said that EVERYONE who took pictures in the resort should have a permit! He was extremely rude! He was actually asking us to leave already! It was the most embarrassing day of my life! I've been to the some of the finest hotels in the country and been to many of the best resorts and this was the WORST and I mean THE WORST treatment that I have ever received so far.

The guard actually acted like he'd have no hesitation in hurting us physically. His leaned towards my brother as if to show that he's boss and this was just a SECURITY GUARD versus my brother who's already a businessman and myself that is an event management officer who could've given them tons of business! I have already been interviewed by event magazines regarding venues in manila and Cavite and right now, I think I know what I'll say about this resort.

Well, all I can say is that they have infuriated and embarrassed us enough to say that they are idiots! We'll spread the word about how they treat their guests and I will make sure that all of my current clients and future clients NEVER book an event here in Island Cove.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Elegance22
manila
Reviewed September 24, 2010

The location is nice, and the resort is good. they have 24 hours shuttle service inside the resort, although price for food is little bit pricy. Room is kinda old, but the bed is the best. Room we got was a superior with veranda, direct access to the hotel pool. Room include access to all amenities to the gym and pool

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Abagatan TI Manila
#2 of 5 in Cavite City
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Tanza's Oasis Hotel and Resort

Been to Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park? Share your experiences!