“Calapan City's Best Halo-Halo”

Isel Ian's Halo-Halo
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Calapan
Description: Halo-halo dessert and we now breakfast,lunch and dinner.
Description: Halo-halo dessert and we now breakfast,lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

When one is out of Metro-Manila, one craves for natural food delicacies homegrown in the area. In one of my business trips and after a long day doing book donations to elementary schools in far flung barangays, my colleague invited us to have a snack in a newly opened halo-halo shop. It was not in the mainstream streets of Calapan. Rather it was located in a sidestreet, away from the noisy din. We were all please ssince it was originally so delicious with natural ingredients all home cooked and prepared.

4  Thank KIMI4812

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been receiving positive comments about Isel Ian's Halo Halo from family and friends so I decided last Sunday that I won't leave Calapan unless I try the becoming popular halo halo in town. PROS: STRATEGICALLY LOCATED, it's just walking distance from church, school, banks and other establishments; CUSTOMIZED, you can choose to have 4, 8 or 12 ingredients, you don't need to pay for ingredients you don't want to eat. You'll be given milk in a separate container. It's up to you how much milk you want in your halo halo. AFFORDABLE prices ranging from Php50-100. WARM STAFF. CONS: Can't think of any. It was all good experience!

5  Thank Mildred P
Reviewed May 19, 2014

As recommended by my relative, my sister and I tried Isel Ian's Halo-halo in one of the hottest days of our vacation in Or. Mindoro. Looking for the place wasn't a problem because, luckily, the tricycle driver knew where it was located. Made me think it's really popular among the locals. Having tried halo-halo from other restaurants, I must say that theirs is one of the best. The finely shaved ice is surprisingly good, along with each of the ingredients (gulaman, sweetened banana, melon, macapuno, etc) which the costumer is given the chance to choose (thanks for the liberty!) and really creamy milk. I will definitely come back and try other sweets from their menu like mais- and banana-con-yelo.

5  Thank JeanTrooper
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We come here all the time for their one of a kind twist to a very popular Filipino dessert - "halo-halo". Halo-halo comes from the Filipino root word "halo" or "to mix" as it is a mix of an assortment of sweet delectable ingredients mixed with shaved ice and milk. At Isel Ian's halo-halo, you can choose from 12 sweet special ingredients in combinations of 4, or 8 or you can have all twelve. Plus additional topping of 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream on top of the finely shaved ice. But what really sets this place above the rest is the secret ingredient - milk... which you would have to try it to find out.

It is great for the summer. Cheers.

7  Thank Djop T