“Over priced and such a shocking Room!”
Review of Pontefino Hotels

Pontefino Hotels
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Batangas City
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at PonteFino In September 2013 for 3 nights and I was so shocked at what I saw when we got our room. I can't believe its considered 4star Hotel. The bathroom is so old and you couldn't imagine your self taking a bath in that bathtub or even putting your feet on the the tab without wearing sleepers. The tiles are chips and cracked and the floor mat in the bath tab are so dirty that you wouldn't even use it at your own home.
The airconditioner is so dirty and making funny noices at night. The lights in the room and the bathroom are not bright enough in the evening. The carpeted hallway had an old smell to it and the breakfast OMG! Its the worse breakfast I've ever seen for a hotel to offer. You'll get 3 main choices of food for breakfast such as Tortang itlog, garlic rice and harsh brown in which they serve cold at 6am. Interesting because breakfast starts at 6am and you'll get food that looks like left over from the day before.
Pontefino is the worse hotel I've ever stayed at and it's way over priced for what they've got to offer and it's not a 4 Star hotel at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MissG108

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at the Pontefino hotel for 3 weeks on business. The hotel is in need of updating and the rooms are pretty basic but functional. Batangas is not a holiday resort so the hotel mainly caterers for Tabangao Refinery business. During my staff I did become ill and the hotel really made a huge effort to look after me, and for that personal service I am very grateful. One of the main differences I found in this hotel is that the staff were very attentive, knew my name and looked after me very well. They should take great pride in these well developed skills, as I have stayed at other hotel chains who did not make such an effort! Please note the beds were rather hard for my taste.

Room Tip: Try to get.a room on the lower ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed in the this hotel for 2 night on business last May 2013.
I was very impressed by the warm welcome of the staff and security.
Food is ok, breakfast is typical Filipino food with a bit of western selection.
Reception staff are very friendly, they speak very good english and did their best to please my colleague who complained of not having a queen size bed in his room.

Room is spacious but the furnitures are average, needs replacing.
Bath towels are almost brown in colour when it is meant to be white.
Hotel does not provide iron and ironing board in your room, the one I tried to borrow did not arrive at all. Hotel I think has only two irons!

Good gym and swimming facilities.

Price wise it is a bit pricey especially after coming from Holiday Inn in Thailand.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room in the ground floor, too noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beng d
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After some shows at the south. We we're bound to Batangas. What can I say, the staff are really serious and trained to speak in english even the trainees here. Well, the service is given, they are accommodating and welcoming, what caught my attention was their facility especially the pool beside the spa. After the event they let us use the pool which was fun and I really love the Mango Tress around the area and they have a play area that is pretty much like a military training area, haha. Would really want to go back here as well and experience all of what they can offer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ayan M
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at Pontefino for an extended business trip (1 month) and overall my stay was great. The staff was very friendly, polite and attentive. Rooms were clean and VERY spacious, even for the regular rooms.

The only thing I did not enjoy was that they often hold parties and events on weekends in the pool area during weekends. They play loud music until around midnight. Try asking for the front facing rooms instead of the pool because you will get sleep easier.

Fitness room is very well equipped and clean.

Room for improvement: they need to create a new variety on their breakfast buffet and also rework the Menu selections for lunch and dinner.

Overall: Pleasant stay, 10-15 minute walking distance to SM Shopping Mall (the only entertainment in town), 25-30 minute car ride to Shell Refinery.

Room Tip: Ask for the front facing rooms - they are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ardhi R
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been in and out of this hotel since last year. The rooms are clean and the food satisfactory. But what I love the most about Pontefino are the the people. Once they know you they remember and they try to deliver as much as they could. Indeed good service!

Because it's probably the only decent hotel (sorry for saying this) in Batangas City, Pontefino could really dictate the prices of rooms and their food. According to friends they charge somewhat high considering the facility is in the province. All I can say is that so long as they provide nice rooms and adequate service and being the ONLY pleasant hotel in Batangas City, it's their prerogative and advantage to control how much they would charge clients. I just hope not to the point of ripping them off!

A friendly competition may be needed soon in this area so we, as clients, could also have a choice of accommodations. :)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to function areas! Might be hard to sleep if there are events.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Allen A
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Last summer we stayed at Ponte Fino hotel in Batangas City with our 2 kids.At first we doubt that its a nice hotel but when we get there.I love how they entertained their guest how the staff make you feel that your at "home".Plus We love the swimming pool that's very clean and the kids pool that's big enough for the kids to enjoy swimming.The food is also great esp.the crispy lechon sinigang.This summer we will go back there :)

Room Tip: all the rooms are spacious enough :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 10 in Batangas City
The Farm at San Benito
The Farm at San Benito
#1 of 7 in Lipa City

Been to Pontefino Hotels? Share your experiences!