“Best hotel in Batangas”
Review of Pontefino Hotels

Pontefino Hotels
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Batangas City
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay in this hotel, hence why my overall rating was high yet all individual item ratings are low. The first room they had me in stunk of cigarettes on the ground floor so u asked to be upgraded which they were kind enough to do, for a small price increase, but it was worth it. The entrance is lovely, very provincial and colourful town houses at the front leading to a sweeping driveway up to the front door. Hotel layout is good, pool is lovely. The night I stayed, there was a surprise fireworks show which added to the feeling of being in a castle from Cinderella. Internal quality of the hotel is ok, but for a regional hotel, I fell in love with this place. My hotel room for the price paid was terrible!
food was ok, I had a pesto pasta which was tasty but nothing special. Staff were friendly too. Very helpful and friendly.
You have little choice in Batangas and although this was average .... Really .... You have to look past it, appreciate it for what it is and you too will love the experience.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lisaneed

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel surprised me because it is in a provincial area and was appointed like a city hotel. The entrance is very impressive as is the lovely outdoor dining/pool area. The staff are very very helpful and obliging. My room was very clean (but the floor was a bit greasy) and although the aircon was so noisy I ended up switching it off, the bed was comfortable and clean. Buffet breakfast is very limited but probably better than trying to find a local place to eat. If you drink herbal tea, bring your own, they don't have any here.

The walls in the rooms are paper thin and every sound from the room next door is audible. Flushing toilets the whole lot! Breakfast by the pool was very pleasant and it is a nice comfortable hotel for a business traveller.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not adjoin the pool area as the staff start cleaning at 6am and make alot o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. My wife and I stayed for one evening during our vacation to Metro Manila. The staff is extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. We were greeted with iced coffee and escorted to our room immediately. Our room was very spacious with modern furnishings and amenities. We enjoyed a romantic candlelit dinner, poolside that evening and enjoyed breakfast in the same location the following morning. The food was of good quality, fresh, well seasoned and prepared. The kitchen also offers a variety of fresh juices. All organic and made to order. The grounds surrounding the hotel are beautiful and well kept as well. There are lovely town homes, with bright, vibrant colors which reminded me of San Francisco.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade at the time of check-in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wish we could have stayed longer. This was a wonderful get a way from the city. The drive up there was long, a few hours, but it was nice to see the province (countryside). Upon arrival we were greeted with ice coffee which was a wonderful surprise and nice welcome after a long car ride. The room was big with a sitting area. We needed an electrical converter which they promptly got for us. We loved the rain shower that was in the bathroom. There was plenty of extra toiletries and room slippers for both of us. The bed was comfortable and the room had a modern look to it.

The outdoor dining area was wonderful. There is nothing more pleasant than sitting outdoor overlooking the pool while enjoying your dinner. We also had breakfast there. They even cooked something special to accommodate our diet. They also brought us a paper to read while enjoying our breakfast.

The staff always had a smile for us. They even have a car service that was able to take us in a tour of the downtown area. The driver was able to tell us the history of the area which was an added bonus. I was impressed that the bellman took a different elevator than we did to bring our bags to our room. It was nice to not be cramped into an elevator.

This one place we will be visiting again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Happy_2_Travel_12
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel is located close to the Batangas City, which is about 2.5 hours drive from Manila. Check-in process is OK, staff is hospitable and guest is served welcome drink. I was "upgraded" to Deluxe room but the physical location of the room is "below" ground (lobby) level. So, I can only view the wall from my room. Room has just been re-furbished, look nice and very spacious. Bed is huge and comfy. TV is Sony LCD with good selection of channels. Internet connection is commendable (compared to the previous hotel I put up in PH). Mini bar stuffs (some soft drinks, fruit juice and canned fries) are COMPLIMENTARY, very rare indeed. Had a dinner at hotel-owned Robusta restaurant. Food quality and service is good. However, the complimentary breakfast, also at the same place, lacks choices. Other small minuses are the air-cond blower is located directly facing the bed, so it can be freezing cold and there is lack of thought given to the toiletries and clothes placement around bathroom area. Lastly, paid PHP 4,300.00 per night. Would say it is good value for $$$.

Room Tip: If you want room view, choose higher floors. However, the hotel is not tall.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank SSK77
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been longing to try this hotel and I was disappointed, at their rate per night this is so overrated. Though the room was big and easily accommodate our family of 4, the staff were courteous and all smiles and helpful. What I don't like is the smell of the room, smells old and the bath room, it has shown its age and maintenance problem, chipped tiles, stained bath tub, even leaking airconditioning (though was quickly remedied). Breakfast was a joke, they said it would be buffet but looks like they just transferred the plated meal in the trays since you only have one choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jatv
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Staying here on business long term and having looked around at other hotels in the area this is by far the best option providing the pocket will allow you to stay but you get your moneys worth
The staff are so welcoming and eger to help with any problems. Very spacious room.
The internet in my room was dreadful so on leaving for work asked could it be looked at. I was assured that it would and also that the tec would be accompanyied by a security officer at all times. On my return all fixed and great. Asked if the aircon filters could be cleaned as looked like they had not been done in a while on my return all done no problem.
The Facilities offered are top rate with good food and a great pool.
Batangas it self has not much to offer but if you come this far check this place out and you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
#1 of 10 in Batangas City
The Farm at San Benito
The Farm at San Benito
#1 of 7 in Lipa City

Been to Pontefino Hotels? Share your experiences!