Book In Advance

More Info
from $125.00
More Info
1,565 results
All reviews day trip horse ride walk up red lava nice view per person boat driver entrance fee by foot tagaytay ridge hit golf balls hour drive face mask metro manila lots of water enjoy the view buko juice
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Started at Manila. Long road journey to the town. Then a scary tuktuk/cyclo thing down the hill to the lakes edge. A slightly scary boat trip to the island. Then a very scary horseback ride up the volcano to the volcano upper edge. The water inside is a chemical catastrophe experiment gone wrong, so you stay from that. There are plumes of volcanic smoke in several places. Slightly scary! But its all t-shirts and drinks and photos at the summit. Then its downhill again, by horse, but I pitied mine and I walked, which was safer anyway. No complaints; quite an adventure. Didnt feel ripped off anywhere, but the produce at the top was a bit expensive of course. Only to be expected. Recommended.

1  Thank wilkinsonde
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I will never tire of this view. It is so relaxing and serene. The quaint restos along the ridge adds to the character of Taal Volcano. I am just saddened why the local government allowed high rise condos in the area. It destroyed the character of the place. I wish they have maintained the old town feel of the place like what they did in Cameron Highlands, etc. Bummer!

Reviewed November 6, 2017

we were disappointed as the boat to the volcano was cancelled. we saw it from a distance. will have to visit it on our next visit. it looked spectacular from far.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This was my second visit,the first visit there was a heavy mist,so you could not see anything,but the next day it was very clear.
There are many many place where you can sit and have a meal or a drink at the edges of the Volcano,but only really one trail to go inside.
A nice place to visit if you are in the area,not many people can say they have been in a live volcano.
It is sad the way the horses there are treated,I am over 60 and was able to walk to the top myself,so take it easy and try that

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

While the view of the crater is cool (I don’t think it’s truly worth the journey/cost...) the treatment, condition and clear abuse of the horses that are used and sold to you to trek up to the crater is heartbreaking. The horses have sores on their backs, you can clearly see their hips/ribs and they are so skinny and obviously malnourished, they are worked to the bone (many we saw were so sweaty, tired and we saw diarrhea on the trail).
I couldn’t really enjoy this as I saw so many tourists exploiting these poor animals and buying into the treks on the horses up to the crater.
The tours/ticket people at the entrance when you get off the boat (and the boat sales people before you even set off on the lake) will tell you you have to take a horse up to the crater as it’s so far/hard. It really isn’t. My 70 year old parents did the trek easily in 30 degree Celsius heat.... use the exercise and take your time to walk up.....and if you have a chance to, bring some food for some of the horses you see on your way!!!!! You can buy drinks at numerous spots up to the crater too! Please don’t support the maltreatment of these animals.

3  Thank sarahmarc2015