“Very Very Tired Old Holiday Inn”

Days Hotel Batangas
Ranked #18 of 31 Batangas City B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Charging first class rates for being close to the SM Shopping Mall, not for quality of public areas or rooms........very very tired....10 years since any money went into upgrade or improvements. Lamp shade had three big holes, carpet thread bare, bath tiny and 3rd class plumbing, TV must have been purchased at a garage sale, so called "breakfast" included is in a converted single hotel room dark and uninviting, furniture 3rd class, and food barely eatable and cold, pool area closed. Prices should be 60% of their rack rate , at best.
Best to pay very little more and stay at the Pontefino Hotel nearby

Room Tip: try a different hotel for about the same rates........nothing could be worse for the money.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank RABPuertoGalera
There are newer reviews for Days Hotel Batangas

Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed in their standard room from Nov 17 - 20 2011 when we attended a conference in Lyceum. We got our room at a discount because the conference organizers made a deal with the hotel but if we were to pay the actual rate I would not have opted to stay there - for Php 4,454.00 (standard room/rate); I have stayed in better budget hotels.
Pros: The staff were accommodating and very helpful. The hotel is barely 5 minutes away from SM Batangas (mall) and restaurants are just across the street. They have a bar with live band playing every night too. For the room: the aircon was cold and is silent, they have an electronic safety deposit box which I appreciate, the shower gets hot fast and have good water pressure, room service again was excellent but a bit zealous at times as they would knock on our door around 9AM and ask if we want our room serviced (they lack the "do not disturb sign/make up room" card to hang on the knob). Cons: the carpet, the window drapes, the bed cover, even the TV were noticeably old which desperately require an update - the feeling was sort of traveling back to the 90's, they say that floors: 2-3 were smoking rooms and floors but there wasn't an exhaust to be found anywhere so the smoke lingers in the hallway. Their pool; in order for you to get there you have to exit the hotel and walk across the parking lot which is just along the main road. But I guess if you were just staying to sleep and leave your things while going on a business meeting or tour this isn't a bad hotel; you'd get your sleep but for myself I'd rather get it somewhere cheaper with updated amenities and 21st century atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you are alone and a smoker; just open the huge window but be sure to close and lock it afterwards...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PauloGonzalezReview
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I don't know about you, but the impression of 'Days Hotel' to me is that of 'Class' partnered with affordability. Sadly, I was disappointed.
First off, I made the reservation online, although we prepaid it already, it seems the person in the front desk is unaware of the arrangement. Ofcourse, from our part, it made us nervous and made us think we might have been duped! But after a few phone calls, the bill was settled and we were directed to our rooms.
First thing you notice, the smell- wet old carpet!!! not a welcoming at all.
The furniture seem substandard for our taste and is in dire need of a change.
The only upside is it's beside a mall where you can buy all the things you need. Otherwise, the room, the food, not too good at all.
If you have another place to stay, seriously consider that. If you have no choice, well, just bring an air freshener with you.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ro_oan
Reviewed January 12, 2011

i stayed in hotel ponte fino last yr, but i tried to this yr at days.. i booked thru expedia so its very cheap.. almost half the rate of pontefino. and since i booked it with expedia, i dont know if they always give bad rooms to expedia customers.. 5 years ago, days is the best in the city.. NOt anymore.. this wil be the next alpa hotel... The rooms smells.. so bad.. i ask the housekeeping to give me air freshener but nada! i have to buy at SM.. i think they are all OJT students.. all wearing white shirts, mostly boys. so no customer service.. the plates with eggs next to me was on the floor since 3pm - 8am the next day!!!!
the toilet's flush is very slow.. very very slow.. the air con switch is gone.. over all, not a nice experience..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank guestwhat?
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Overall, my Days Hotel Batangas stay for three days and two nights was OK. But then again I wasn't expecting much.

I was there when it opened in the '90s and that was exactly what I got - the same stuff from that era still being used.

Good stuff:
1. The location was excellent. They have a gate at the back that leads you straight to SM City Batangas. Going back, all you have to do is ring on the doorbell and the guard would let you back in to the hotel premises.
2. There wasn't any wifi mentioned in the package but I was surprised that they have it when I turned on my laptop. I was able to "leech" into the connection on the first and third day.
3. The guards, from my encounters with them, are very warm. We even joke about dipping in the pool at high noon just for kicks.
4. The cleaning staff that I encounter in the hallway were all very courteous. They always greeted me whenever I see them.
5. The standard room is big. You can fit four people comfortably in this room.

Bad Stuff:
1. The sliding door in the shower area wasn't sliding when we got there. We had to call housekeeping to fix it. Nothing really serious, but from a guest's perspective it should've been working well the moment you enter the room, right?
2. Yes there was wifi but it didn't work all the time. It only worked on the day we checked in and on the day we checked out. In between, I had to use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet.
3. Ice was forming in the airconditioner whenever we would put it in High Cool. We had no choice but to lower it to Low Cool. Better that than No Cool at all.
4. Carpet smells old.
5. The pillows weren't that comfortable. Actually, it depends on what you get. The one on my brother's bed were OK.

Tip:
1. Book online rather than paying at the frontdesk. I called them in the morning before the trip, and they said their rates were P4,000+. When I checked online, it was only P2,000+.
2. Try the Krosroad eatery at the end of M. Pastor Avenue near the Shell gas station. It looks like a not-so-ideal place to eat, but their pancit guisado and lomi (noodles) are excellent.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank jovanpuyo
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My wife and I staff at Days Batangas during March/April 2010 using it as a base to visit relatives in the province. For the full duration we felt welcomed and at ease by the professional engaging and relaxed staff. We stayed in a non smoking standard room facing the SM Mall which is across the road at the rear. It has 2 comfortable double beds. Though the decor needs updating we found the room to be quite clean and fresh and adequate if your intending to be out and about mostly. Included breakfast consists of toast, jam, 2 small fruit choices and coffee/tea. There is a buffet available for P100 extra, adequate but not that extensive. Its alfresco outdoor bar is about the only live entertainment venue in the city usually having a couple of bands each evening and a good way to close each day. The rooms facing alfresco could have some noise issues if your an early sleeper though it has no affect from the mall side. Access to SM mall is via a back gate which you need to get the security guard to assist. Good mall with the usual fast food fares. Andoks fried chicken just near on the corner 24 hr handy for late night snack. Hotel has massage service from 6pm though we used one opposite which was excellent and open all day.
Tricyles are available near SM to the city approx P30. Free wireless internet is available in the lobby with power points.
Inspected the other main competition in town which is better appointed however we will choose Days again as for us it offers better value for money is better located and has the most obliging staff to top off the package.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank legyoung
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I stayed there with my cousin and her daughter who were about to go back to Australia, we had fun staying there bacause it was very relaxing when you are inside the room. And if you want to eat food, there are different fasfood chains inside the mall which is just behind the hotel. I really had a good stay there, so probably I will come back there with my cousin for a short relaxation. Staffs are nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
#2 of 10 in Batangas City
Batangas Country Club
Batangas Country Club
#2 of 31 in Batangas City

Been to Days Hotel Batangas? Share your experiences!