“Skip.. even for an overnight stay.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Blue Mountain Hotel
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Pasay, Philippines
“Skip.. even for an overnight stay.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Baguio last Holy week and chose Blue Mountain since it was a really great deal for our tight budget (P850/night). We were given the basement room #3(or 2, the one beside their "spa". Check in time was 1pm but we arrived an hour earlier so we waited at their "lobby," which by the way, wasn't that welcoming. They surely need to buy a new set of seating and their front desk (literally), walls and ceiling, better be repainted. I also noticed cracks, water leaks traces and cobwebs on walls. I'm not that meticulous but they should've at least made the area neat and clean. By then, I was wondering what our room would look like. I already searched for pictures on the internet but it's indeed a different story when you get to see it for yourself. I was asked If I'd like to see the room, before being cleaned. (Maybe the lady wanted to set my expectation for the price I paid for). So there, I was showed the room we're booked. There's a queen bed, CTR tv with 10 cable channels I think and small bathroom equipped with hot&cold shower. When you open the bathroom door, the toilet's on the right, the sink in front of the door and on the left side is the shower. Because of that, I insisted of getting another room except of course that of the basement and I was even willing to pay. Unfortunately, they're fully booked due to the holiday. When we checked-in and the key was given, my boyfriend and I went down to take a bath and rest. He told me right away that he wasn't comfortable and we should've stayed somewhere else. I, of course nagged at him since I was the one who went for Blue Mountain and felt the blame was on me. Just to share, the shower head by the way was wrapped in electrical tape and I got grounded a couple of times while taking a bath. A whole can also be observed on the wall where it was placed. Also, the sink was an inch near my face when trying to sit on the toilet. After hours of sleeping, we went out. We got back by 10pm. My boyfriend noticed something on the bathroom sink, like a "mark" when you stepped on something slippery. It's like someone broke in to our room. He joked that maybe they installed hidden cams and they're in the look out for "Baguio Scandal". But I knew he was just trying to alter the atmosphere. He examined the place. Nothing got lost since we're really mindful of our belongings. He just reminded me to turn off the lights inside the bathroom whenever I'd get in. Another thing, when we're about to doze off, someone knocked. We waited a few secs and decided to answer if "he'd/she'd" knock once more. But "he/she" never did. The next day, we had our complimentary breakfast and did went out again. This time, being extra cautious, we made sure to bring all our valuables. We got back in after a few hours and checked out by 12nn. The location was OK. Taxi was indeed cheap (50-60pesos/way multiplied by 4-5 trips, eventually would cost you more). Walking won't do. Trust me, we did it ONCE, from Burnham Park to the hotel. I suggest getting something right at the proper of Burnham Park. Most jeepneys(fare is P8.50) are bound right at the Park to wherever you want to go and back. Blue Mountain was indeed a find for our pockets. With our experience, we realized that there are lots of other hotels one can choose from. Staff were accommodating. BUT, it's safety and security WE travelers should always keep in mind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CCDF_18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My BF and I went to Baguio for our post valentine celebration and to see Panagbenga Festival also. We reserved for their "Mountain View" room which i read in most of the blogs is the best one to choose. We stayed there for 2 days 1 night at room #8, 3rd floor. Luckily, that's our lucky number :). The room is clean and really spacious and can accommodate up to 4 - 5 people. I like there veranda as you can stay there for sight seeing especially at night. It has free breakfast included, serving is enough for the price., hot and cold shower and cable tv. What I just don't understand until now is when after I took a bath and while brushing my teeth I notice that there is a name "Arvin" written in the mirror of the bathroom. Like it was written using fingers where in fact there is no such thing when I stepped in the bathroom or maybe I just didn't see it. I don't know but it makes me scared.I just ignored it and planned not to tell it to my bf because it might ruin our vacation. The next day, before we check out I decided not to use the shower in taking a bath even though it's too cold because I'm still scared thinking that I might see it again.Thankful I didn't until I finished fixing myself.(Btw, I let the door open while taking a bath,katakot e. :p) .. I want to ask the receptionist but I forgot and just remembered it when we are heading back to Manila. I told everything to my bf and he said during that night when im sleeping aroung 3am,there is someone knocking at the veranda door but he just ignored it. How could it be? We we're in the 3rd floor.He just think maybe it's just a strong wind.
We all know Baguio has so many ghost stories.But it doesn't mean that we will not go back again to this place. We will definitely go back again :) ..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LhadyOnyx
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My BF and I were excited to get to Baguio. And since we were to busy to book a week before the date, we have to check in on the same day.

Unluckily, they said they were out of rooms, and only have the ones at the basement area. Since we were too tired to look around, and it was pouring outside, we decided to take it, especially at their affordable rate of 800+.

The pros I'd say is that the shower has hot and cold, and the water toilet is kept running.

The rest were cons such as a storage type room; a broken mirror; sheets that seemed to have been used during ancient times; and a towel that looked more like a rug that we didn't even dare use it.

We both felt claustrophobic and decided to move out the next day when we found a better place to stay at.

Room Tip: The place would be perfect for those single travelers who preffered to stay outdoors the entire day...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Joyce Ann G

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels

Nueva Ecija
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My GF and I decided to choose the 850 or 950/night room with street/ road view but when we get there we decided to go for the mountain view which is 1,100/night..we arrived around 10AM and their usually check in time is 1PM but they let us to use the room without any additional charge..
(1 good pt).. then the room that they gave to us is good for 4 pax/barkada room ranging from 1900 up since they dont have any avail room on the mountain view.. (1pt)..
our room is located at the 3rd FL, and they have a roof top wherein you can stay and relax and use the set of speakers without any charges.. (1pt)..
hot and cold shower.. 24/7 cable TV (super todo suit).. you can request for a fan for 75.00 (but you dont need to coz it's super lamig day or night.. with balcony where you and your love1 can relax and enjoy the view of the baguio.. with free 1 meal/pax your choice of b.fast, lunch or dinner.. (1point)
and if you are a coffee addict then this hotel is the best for you.. you can get as much as you want coffee for free.. (10pts) :)
you can asked for extra towels and comforter without any charges and also you can asked to do room makeup.. (1pt)
accessibility: from hotel to session road/tourist attraction is only 5mins or less, choice of jeepney or taxi (50 -70 depends on the exact loc).. (1pt)
from burnham (session rd) you can just walk from hotel or V.V..
this hotel is very simple but really nice to stay in baguio especially the cost is not that expensive and most of all the staff are very accommodating! "thumbs up" will surely visit this hotel again.. thanks..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank greyan
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had our trip to baguio october 5 and 6 2012 and we stayed in this hotel. Requested for the mountain view and luckily there is one available. Upon entering we checked the cleanliness of the room of course and it was ok. I am hoping they can improve the sheets and maybe put some downy so it would smell nice. I would give this hotel a ten for cleanliness if not for the sheets. Great value for money. We paid 896 something per night and it was really hard to look for a hotel that has a rate for a budget conscious family like us. We had had fried rice, eggs and longanisa for breakfast and paid like 150 pesos.Great thing about it as well is that there are convenience stores near the place and an internet shop. If you are going out to visit places it will just take a few minutes and you will find a ride right away coz taxi's pass by very often. Thank you blue mountain. It was an experience. I miss baguio already.....ahhh....

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for mountain view...it's not worth the stay if you don't wake up in the morn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Anthony I
Muntinlupa City, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Blue mountain hotel is definitely dedicated for backpackers who just want a place to sleep and explore the city of pines. Affordable rooms for as low as 600+. The room that I got includes 2 beds which is good for 4 for only 895 per night. Hot and cold shower and cable TV is included. Kitchen utensils available upon request. The security however is not that strict as people come and go without being checked. so better not leave your valuables behind. But it is still one of the best budget friendly hotels in Baguio. Location is quite good as it is located along Marcos Highway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Bino B
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a room facing the highway. Buses, jeeps, trucks, and cars could be heard throughout the day passing by. The room size and amenities was just right i guess for the price we paid. There were lots of people going in & out of the hotel, without being checked or screened by the staff at Reception, no security at all. There was also a grocery store and a Korean restaurant outside the hotel just in case you didn't like the food in the small eatery inside the hotel.

Room Tip: get a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business