“Incredible Location but needs a major renovation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Benguet Prime Hotel
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here last November 30 to December 1, 2013 (1 night).

This hotel has the best location in all the hotels in Baguio City (me thinks). It is right smack in the middle of Session Road just a stone’s throw away from SM and Burnham Park. It is also a couple of blocks away from the market, and has 2 supermarkets right beneath it (yes it’s true). You didn’t even have to go across the street to the nearest 7 eleven because all you have to do is choose from any of the supermarkets just below the building. To make it even more convenient for foodies, Jollibee is just 2 steps away from the hotel lobby.

We found this hotel while walking along Session Road from SM Baguio where we left our mother to look for our accommodation.

We inquired for a room good for 3 pax and they gave us the rate which was Php2,500.00 for an overnight stay with breakfast for 2 (plated). Since they told us we could check-in already (standard check-in time is 1-2pm right?) I didn’t hesitate and booked us for the night. I only had to pay an extra Php100 for the additional breakfast.

The hotel has a decent lobby, although it is obvious that this is an old hotel. This 6-storey hotel has an elevator which can fit in maybe about 6 pax. Still thankful though because our room was at the 4th floor and our bags were heavy. Someone assisted us to our room and made sure that we were comfortable. My first impression of our double room was that it was spacious. There’s plenty of room to move around. There was a large closet for your bags/clothes, though only 3 hangers were available. The bathroom was clean, with hot and cold shower. There was no bidet. A small sachet of shampoo and 2 small soap were available.

They gave us 2 double beds which we put together to accommodate the 3 of us. There was a small table in the middle with a glass and pitcher. TV was cable but the reception was BAD. The only channel clear enough to watch was GMA 7. The aircon was good but a little noisy (didn’t bother my sleep though). The lighting was bad, so if you are looking to write or do something with the lights on, you will be disappointed. You may deposit your valuable items at the lobby where they have safety deposit boxes.

Breakfast was plated, with a choice between Coffee, Tea, or Orange juice for the drinks and Bangus, Tocino, or Longganisa. They served it with a small cup of rice, your choice of egg, and pansit. Needless to say this is not a big breakfast and if you are planning for an adventure in the morning do bring with you snacks (or just eat at Jollibee right beside the hotel lobby).

If you are staying for 1 night and would like to explore the city center I would recommend this hotel. But for those planning to stay for 2 nights or more maybe you should look for other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lanell Ian Boot... C

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed many times at Prime Hotel and as I compared to low budgeted hotel in Baguio, this hotel is recommended. On my previous review about my visit at Prime Hotel, actually everything was changed from the bad to better service.

The hotel is very accessible to all places you would want to go. Available transportation/taxi are everywhere, coffee shops, fast-food chains, restaurants, malls, parks, bars, etc.

If you are a type of person that just need a place to stay and like to explore Baguio City, Prime Hotel is the best!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TessaJourney
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The interior is a little on the dark side, literally. Not at all updated nor well-maintained.

Overall, it's just good enough for the price. The location is between the multi-line bus station and the Baguio public market. Plus the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank eltiburongrande
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Staying at Prime Hotel is not bad at all... Aside from it's reasonable room rates and friendly staff, it's location is the best! You can just walk to see tourist spots in Baguio from the Hotel. I was able to saved fare and buy snacks at the grocery store beside the hotel. The room are simple but wide. I like the fact that rooms have veranda too.The hotel is improving too compared on my last stay, some parts are under renovation. I hope the management will continue the improvements of the hotel as well as their service. High five!!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the road to have a better view at night. You can hear noise outside but it's...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianne d
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pillows are small and not comfortable. And the sheets are red with stains from I don't know what. It seems this place hasn't been renovated since the 70s, it's about time it should be. I just stayed because of the location since I'm pressed for time.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Jepoyng
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect, rooms are okay but large, service is nice except for the towels that took forever when we requested for it, breakfast is great, courteous staff too, upon checking in, pick the non aircon room 5th floor preferrably, the view is awesome. Will stay there again? YES.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank jimmykings
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and my family stayed in the family room. They asked us what we prefer: an air conditioned room (without a veranda) or a room with an electric fan only but with a veranda. Since generally, the climate in Baguio is cool, especially since we stayed there from January 4- 8, 2012, we chose the one without the air con but with a veranda. If we want our room to be cooler, we just have to open the veranda door a bit (+ the electric fan) and voila! The room was much cooler. The view was great! We usually stay in the veranda at night before we go to bed. The room was also spacious, more than enough for my husband and my two kids. My kids ran around and played in the room. Since we're always in a hurry to visit different places everyday, we didn't have time to fix the beddings, etc. before we leave. Imagine the chaos when we leave the room. But thanks to the marvelous staffs, the room is always clean and in order whenever we go home at night. It's nice to sleep in a crisp and clean beddings. :-) Breakfast was also so good! We loved the longganiza so much. My kids also loved the hot choco. Hotel staffs were friendly and always ready to help us. Location is great since it's in the heart of the city. Our means of transportation was our Adventure car. Parking is free for all hotel guests. The parking attendant always assisted us in maneuvering our car so we didn't have a hard time going out in the street. We needed a room to stay, a hearty breakfast and nice staffs to assist us with our needs. We were always out anyway. Prime Hotel is the perfect place for us. We are planning to stay there for 4 days again come January 2013. ;-)

Room Tip: If you are not after an air conditioned room, choose the one without the air con but with the veran...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family