“Excellent Service”

Bliss Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a friend for dinner . Though it was a bit late we have been entertained well . The owner of the restaurant was so warm and very accommodating. Food was superb . We were not expecting that vegetarian food could be as great as what we had. Looking forward to dining in again in February :)

1  Thank Jaycee B
There are newer reviews for Bliss Cafe

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Bliss Cafe made our first wedding anniversary memorable. It was our first time to go there. I got curious with this place because of recommendations from different bloggers. Food were reasonably priced, so although we had little cash (we didn't know this cafe is "cash only"), we still managed to pay for our simple dinner date. Jim, the owner of this restaurant, was kind enough to take our pictures, and treated us with Bliss balls. The waitress (sorry, I forgot her name) was very kind and soft-spoken. The food, prepared by Shanti (Jim's wife) were really delicious. After eating, we had a short conversation with Jim and got some words of wisdom from his experiences. How rare is it to talk to the owner of an establishment like we belong to his circle of friends? It was inspiring when he said that he would be ready to use all his resources just to keep that restaurant.

The next day, we got some cash from the town proper and went back all the way to Bliss Cafe to have our lunch and try their other items from their menu. We ordered Bliss balls again. :)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

There is something about a space with a good vibe and knowing those same people create your food. There is sincerity in what has been created, you can feel it. Even the waitstaff have it with their gentle mannerisms. Dietary issues are not a problem. Upset stomach, not a problem. Discussing the food is a part of the order. They make food to nourish you in many ways. I always imagined Baguio as a place of respect for the earth and nature, here I see it in practice. I enjoy the attitude of this Cafe. I always find something good to read while listening to some chill music. I enjoy looking at the art while drinking a tea. I like that they don't mind that a chidren's meal is often the perfect meal for me, my husband will make up for it I'm sure. I read TA to learn about new dishes to try (thanks). Go try this place with an open heart and mind. Not just the food but the attitude. Don't get it the first time? Try to go again when you will be the only person in the place. Try meditation, play the drums, read. Namaste.

Parking can be tricky, although available some spaces are very tight. If you have a big SUV good luck. The hotel parked us across the street in what seemed to be someones yard. The hotel IS is very helpful in this area.

About an hour out of Baguio we wished we had gotten some of this healthy food to eat on our drive home. Next time.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Enjoy a relaxing chit chat with Jim & Shanti over whatever it is they will serve you. The menu is full of food items that are made with a smile and lots of love. Try the heavenly veggie burgers together with their veggie version of the famous sisig.

Bought my girlfriend here around March this year and up to now, almost six months since my last bite of Bliss' food, I can still recall the good memories we had there. I won't bother going with the details, you just have to go find out for yourself. All I can say is that this place will be worth it.

Since you will be so full after your meal, I suggest you walk up the mountains to buy your souvenirs in Mine's View which is about 20 minutes away.

*Sorry Jim if this review was 6 months late!!! :)*

3  Thank Nico A
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Everything about this place reflects the eco-conscious, trans-cultural sensibilities of co-owners Jim and Shanti -- from the use of locally-sourced, organic ingredients, to the funky, eclectic decor, and themed selection of in-house reading materials. Bliss Cafe serves up an impressive range of vegetarian dishes that 'normalize' the use of readily-available highland produce as integral parts of a delicious meal. The menu offers veg twists on familiar Pinoy dishes like "Energetic Embutido" and "No Oink" Sisig ("Even Kapampangans will be fooled..." boasts the menu copy). But for our visit, Erin and I opted to carbo-load with an Indian meal set that included their wonderfully light aloo ghobi (spiced potatoes), and an all-day brunch combo that included garlic cheese bread, veg sausage rice, and potato cheese sticks. We also got a plate of tasty gluten-packed spring rolls. When you add up our extra orders of warm chai tea and their famed pancake-y dessert crepe, the final bill was a bit higher than elsewhere in Baguio, but the quality of the meal made it worth every last centavo.

3  Thank paolojcruz