“Wonderful time”

Hotel Elizabeth Baguio
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Beautiful Mediterranean boutique hotel that has the feel of 5 star hotel. Rooms are spacious. Free wifi.

Included breakfast was good. We had lunch and it was good and very reasonable. Try the Elizabeth tea, not what you expect - but it was delicious.

Service is great. All of the hotel and restaurant employees are very hospitable, helpful and accommodating. Everyone greeted us every time.

The hotel is close to Wright Park and Mansion house. We just walked to get to those places. If not walkable, taxis are very reasonably priced. About $2 anywhere to the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank indycolt
There are newer reviews for Hotel Elizabeth Baguio

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our church recently held its annual couples retreat in Elizabeth Hotel, Baguio. We were about 20 couples, and were granted a 50% off on their published rate for a three days two nights stay in this hotel, inclusive of breakfast, plus plated meals during the seminar proper. Food and Service were good despite the fully book status of the hotel during our stay. Except for the poor acoustic of the room (you can hear from the room the noise/activities coming from the ground floor),the hotel is still value for money for next year's retreat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

i stayed in this hotel for one night only. the hotel staff are very helpful and accommodating. good to know that they have room compliments - slippers,etc. i tried their hotel service on laundry and press, they delivered my dress on time. the staff are very courteous they made sure all is done before leaving you. our room was located downstairs and it got a little garden outside where my guy friend can smoke. the rate is cheap compare to other hotels in baguio.

however, i had some not so good experience though.

1st, the restaurant staff are exactly the opposite from the hotel staff, they cant get my order correctly. so i have to eat not the food i ordered but the food that they served,

2nd, the beds are not that comfortable it squeak and move every time i change my position,

3rd, our room was located "downstairs"/"underground" so imagine the walk we have to make just to reached our room,

4th, i dont have a goodnight sleep since i feel i little claustrophobic given im sleeping on the lowest room on that hotel. (and in the middle of the night we felt a little earthquake we do panic thinking where we are located)!

Room Tip: only reserved the rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nomad g
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are going to Baguio and looking for a good place to stay, Hotel Elizabeth is the one. Rooms are cozy and you get value for your money. They extend promos even on peak season. It is very near Good Shepherd Convent, Mines View Park, Wright Park and The Mansion. I was here a few weeks ago and my kids love it. Restaurant needs improvement on food quality. But since you're near a lot of good places, might as well eat out. :-) Employees here, from the security guards to the front desk officers are very hospitable, very much our Filipino trait. OJTs, however, need to be supervised to minimize errors such as opening your room without knocking.

Room Tip: rooms on garden view have superb view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cilly511
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The facade of the hotel was impressive. Like it had a fun mediterranean feel to it. It's not exactly the Manor but the service was great. I didn't have to raise an eyebrow at anyone, which I'm actually pretty good at when service sucks. But they were very accommodating. A very big plus at any establishment I guess. We stayed at a deluxe room facing Gibraltar road which can get noisy at 5am, especially when u decide to leave the balcony door open. The room had wifi to my son's delight. The toilet had some problems but the staff made sure it was fixed even if they had to call in the whole team at 10pm. Impressive.

The bathroom was basic but still other 5-star hotels had worse bathrooms. At least this one was something we all expected. For some reason, even w/ a wedding going on, we were able to secure a parking slot at the basement which was a bit cramped but we appreciated the assistance of the lady guards. They made sure we came back w/ the same slot everyday & assisted everytime we had to park. I don't mind parking the SUV in a cramped space as long as I get a covered parking area. Another plus.

Breakfast was not so impressive. Basic rice meals, pancakes and fruit. The ala carte lunch was better. We were not able to try the dinner buffet, and I missed the spa experience.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the front of the hotel. Its a lot quiet and I think it has a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luciouslu
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Location:
Located between Wright Park and Mines View Park, this hotel is ideal for those who frequent these areas. I would not recommend the hotel if you need to be downtown a lot. Nor would I recommend this hotel if you are not bringing your own vehicle.
Breakfast:
The hotel breakfast is good, but not great. If you are particular about the included breakfast, better head towards more expensive hotels. For the price, the included breakfast is worth it though.
Service:
The service is excellent. The guards are very polite. They did not miss an opportunity to greet me during my stay. The cleaning lady was very efficient and readily answered my questions regarding how the shower works and how the screen door opens (more on these below). The person at the front desk expertly gave me advice regarding information about nearby tourist destinations, alternative driving routes to known places, and information about the traffic schemes in the area.
The Room:
Where service in this hotel shines, the upkeep of the room is the direct opposite. The shower knob was busted in such a way that you can never fully turn off the shower (thus wasting precious water). The sliding door was not aligned properly that it is near impossible to get it open. We reported these upon checking into the room, but no one fixed it during our brief stay. Further, the carpets and sofas had a funny smell to them.
Note about parking:
The basement parking is convenient in such that you can easily access it from the elevator without exiting the hotel. However, it is so small that it will be a chore to maneuver your vehicle in and out especially if other guests do not park properly. Park here only if you have a compact car. There is a separate outdoor parking space just beside the hotel building which is more suited to larger vehicles which in my opinion is still small, but I understand the use of available space.
To Conclude:
The location of the hotel and the service are its main selling points. However, newer hotels - specifically those within Camp John Hay- should pose as a threat especially if this hotel does not update the rooms as soon as possible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paotranq
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Elizabeth just for a night after Christmas 2012. Having seen the property from the outside, I really expected more on the inside.

The room that we got was definitely not what I expected. Since it was a busy time of the year, we were told by the front desk that it was the only room available. The room surely needs better upkeep. The light switches were cracked. The ceiling fan and light did not have a switch which you could reach (I don't know if this was on purpose). The shower in the bath just trickled water even if it is on full.

They service was ok though. They were able to set up the extra bed that we need pretty quickly after we requested it. The chef watching over the breakfast buffet would gladly refill your plate even after the buffet table closed.

Parking is a problem though, especially if the hotel was hosting a wedding or another event.

Overall, Hotel Elizabeth was average. The thing is that I really expected more since it really looks beautiful from the outside.

• Stayed: December 2012