“Looks Better From The Outside”

Hotel Elizabeth Baguio
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Elizabeth just for a night after Christmas 2012. Having seen the property from the outside, I really expected more on the inside.

The room that we got was definitely not what I expected. Since it was a busy time of the year, we were told by the front desk that it was the only room available. The room surely needs better upkeep. The light switches were cracked. The ceiling fan and light did not have a switch which you could reach (I don't know if this was on purpose). The shower in the bath just trickled water even if it is on full.

They service was ok though. They were able to set up the extra bed that we need pretty quickly after we requested it. The chef watching over the breakfast buffet would gladly refill your plate even after the buffet table closed.

Parking is a problem though, especially if the hotel was hosting a wedding or another event.

Overall, Hotel Elizabeth was average. The thing is that I really expected more since it really looks beautiful from the outside.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank noel_mambi

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and have tried different accomodation around the philippines.It was my first time to stay at hotel elizabeth and is so excited to experience to one top class hotel in Baguio. but too much expectation sudden drop my expectation. my sleep was not satisfactory compare to Gohotel, southdrive manor and hotel venice. At this hotel foam bed, blanket and pillow were not on a high quality and comfort maybe its old.. Bath Soap does not smell good even the carpet it sticky. i don't know for others but on my opinion i'm not satisfied with this hotel. hotel staff is friendly except for that one muscle man guy we saw at the lobby standing at the reception counter. we were thinking who is this guys standing straight cross arm on his chest and looked so strict starring to all guest while having their buffet dinner. maybe he is one of the owner or whatever. also the one tall big guy wearing black blazer with eyeglass assisting the buffet dinner, we can feel his tension walking buzy around. it was not a happy and relax seing that kind of ambience considering they're are on high position. Hope they will correct their gesture and always put smile on their face. oh well...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank quereth
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel's location is good, With the rates they are charging, the rooms and linens could use some upgrading. The pillows are hard and the management too can do something about the draperies. I would suggest that the maintenance or whoever is in charge of the rooms thoroughly inspect a room before the guests are checked in, there are some musty smells, which can be readily remedied.

Room Tip: select a higher floor since during weekends, there's a band playing at the ground floor resto.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank charitoyara
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My high school friends invited me and my wife on a trip last year and I was very enthusiastic to join and experience Baguio during the yuletide season and I was very impressed with the cleanliness and accommodation of the staffs and resident hotel manager.

Lunch was prepared gourmet style and it was sumptuous, the hotel have wifi, cable tv and very clean restrooms which is a big thumbs up.

Me and my family will definitely come back and this hotel will be our 1st choice and thank you for excellent experience during our stay in city of pines.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My boyfriend selected Elizabeth Hotel even he was still in Hawaii. He was not mistaken when we experienced it. It will be a great palce to be going back. It is far from any pollution in the city proper and it is just near to the other places where we visited, like Wright Pak, Pink Sisters Convent, Mines View, SM, etc.
We came back twice because we were accommodated by everybody very warm and treated us close friends. Thank you so much, guys.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

It's our 4th time to stay at Hotel Elizabeth. Some things have improved (buffet breakfast, wi-fi in rooms) while some things have deteriorated (small old towels, bed sheets, selection of cable channels). We stayed here during the super peak season of after Christmas to New Year, and the staff felt "over stretched". I think at some point they ran out of extra beds (even if we reserved in advance) and blankets due to the number of people checked in. Overall I'd stay here again, but I hope they be more prepared for the peak seasons and buy new towels.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staffs are friendly but we find them incompetent. Someone opened our room at 5 in the morning and good thing one of us was awake.. they said they were guests from another room, and they let the attendant on duty open our room instead.. i wasn't able to sleep. And i am travelling with a one year old. So much for the security, hotel policies etc .. Our family travels a lot, both local and international. We believe in collecting memories rather than material things, so its unfortunate to collect one like thee, this is my first time to write a review about a hotel, it was our first time to encounter such. Manager apologized, but i guess it's freaky for such thing to happen. Hope things would improve at hotel elizabeth.

• Stayed: January 2013