“Memorable place in the city of pines” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Pine Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Golden Pine Hotel
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Quezon City, Philippines
“Memorable place in the city of pines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We purchased a deal off the internet for an overnight accomodation. We came in early expecting we'd be allowed to check-in ahead of our time but unfortunately we have to wait 2PM that is maybe because of many guests. However, the receptionist was kind enough to offer us to leave our things in the reception area so we can take a tour around the city hassle-free.

We came back and we were escorted to our room. The room was very huge (Deluxe), clean and feels good. Bed is very comfy, they also have cabinets and sets of tables. Bathroom is equipped with mirrors (I liked it), bathtub (yay!) and of course hot showers are good. We didn't really use the air-con unit because the misty and chilly air is what we really went for in Baguio.

We really had a good sleep during our stay but the minimal noise along the main street is audible to room. Of course, we opted to open the window so its not really a con. Breakfast was good in terms of taste and servings. Personnel are very friendly and they would gladly assist you.

I would always come back here anytime of the year,

Room Tip: Choose rooms not facing the main street to avoid noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank xChaLeex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
QC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3D/2N last July 2013. Building was a bit old but well kept and clean compared to the last place we stayed in (Supreme Hotel). The staff are friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and rates are affordable we even got a discount when we checked in. Just a bit noisy, which we can hear from the inside of our room since its located within the busy area of the city, but all in all everything was more than what we expected from what we paid =)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ethel2383
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I don't know where to start as everything with the hotel is close to perfect. My hubby and I stayed at the hotel in Aug 2012 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and our experience was outstanding!! Their food is great as well as the room, service was excellent and the staff was courteous and accommodating at the same time. Location is good, very convenient as there's a lot of 24-hr establishments around the vicinity. If there are things that we could ask for is that they would upgrade the tv to flat screen and that they would provide a lounge for smoking guests. But nonetheless, Baguio wouldn't be a better place if not for Golden Pine. Definitely gonna come back again and again and again....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MichaLem811
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is kinda' old but I would say would be a still great choice for travelers on a budget. The location is one of the reasons we booked for this hotel. This is also the second hotel we stayed on during our 5-days vacation in Baguio.

The price of the food and their servings are both fair. After a whole day of roaming around Baguio, we had our dinner served to our room. Their service is fast. There's also a free in-room internet which speed is also fast.

Aside from the stained bathroom tiles and tub, the only complaint I have is the noise of vehicles. Good thing that our room is air conditioned and the noise is somehow minimized. Nevertheless, you can request for a room that's not facing the main road (I'm sure there is one) to prevent this from experiencing.

Overall experience as I've mentioned in the Unbiased Review in my blog, we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: choose the one that's not facing main road to have a good night sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank womenality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the last week of May 2013, and all i can say i'd stay here again. The staff where all friendly and attentive, even the hotel restaurant and security never failed to be of help. Although we orginally booked a superior double (P2,500), we complained that the bathroom didn't had a bidet and we where just expecting they'd give us a bucket and dipper to make do. But they didn't, instead they changed our room to a master's bedroom (P2,600) at the same rate of the superior double. The room is Big enough for 3-4 people, the bathroom was very nice and spacious plus a bathtub. A warm dip on that bathtub is a nice relief from all the walking and chilly wind of baguio. The in room wi-fi as my wife said was fast since she can play youtube over it and we where at the 5th floor room at that. The free breakfast was on the generous side with drinks refill unlike the other baguio hotel i've stayed in. On our last day there we ordered our breakfast, while waiting two other attendants asked us if we had ordered and that wasn't like 7mins from when we gave our order.

Any hotel new or old, if the staff aren't attentive no matter what price point would suck. This hotels is tops on my book.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank heavyarmscustom
Manila, Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My hubby and I spent on this hotel last January (2013) to celebrate our post first month as married couple and my birthday. We arrived in Baguio quite early around 4 am...The Hotel is easy to find which is actually a walking distance from the Capitol. We tried to check-in more than 8 hours than the required check in time, but since the hotel was full, we were not able to get a room, not until after lunch time. Focusing on the hotel's review, I must say that it was just average.

Reservation:

I love the idea that once you make your reservation online, they will call you up to confirm it. I made a request since the purpose of going there is actually a double celebration, but it seems they did not consider the request.

The Staff

They are very accommodating from the security guard to the hotel crews. They allowed us to stay and rest in the guests area (lobby) when we returned before 6 am after checking other hotels that have available rooms. They were friendly, too, attentive and able to answer our inquiries and needs.

The room

It was huge enough for both of us since that was the available room during our stay, which I think is still in peak season. The bathroom is huge with a tub, no complaint on said part. The smell in the room was not that fresh though, but clean. We can hear the noise from the street, which is one of the flaws and can affect the relaxation mood. Another thing, wi-fi is not reliable despite the fact that you can connect to it. What else? The carpet I think was not vacuumed for days as I can feel some dirt when I have to be barefoot.

The only complimentary is their breakfast, nothing else and I think 2 bottled water in the room, which is not even cold. No complimentary coffee or tea for a hotel like that. The breakfast choices is limited. For the American breakfast, 1 egg, 2 strips of bacon, 1 wheat bread cut in half and coffee or tea. Honestly, it has very small portion to think of for a girl's appetite. Good thing, the lady waitress allowed me to have the hot choco, though the only choice is coffee or tea. We did not bother to eat there for lunch and dinner because we doubt with the portions...lol! One more, there is a difference of price when you eat in their restaurant and when you order in their restaurant and ask them to take it in your room. The latter is considered a room service price which has an added charge. I can't remember if they even let us pay for the hot water.

Overall, just fine. If I will be asked if we will consider going back, I don't think so,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northwood, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hotel is situated in de heart of great places. Malls, church, park. Just need to explore around. I recon walkin wif guidance of a MAP. So u cud find ur back to de hotel. We did a lot of walkin, great sight seeing n will knw wad n whr to eat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple