Golden Pine Hotel
$64
$60
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssuperior twin roomburnham parkwalking distancethe hotel was fully bookedincluded breakfastcomfort roombaguio cityextra bedtop floorsession roadbusy streetcable tvhot waterstayed for nightspublic marketnight marketbathtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Baguio is a busy, noisy place. The first hotel we stayed in at Baguio was, for the price, terrible. We checked in late at night (off the bus from Manila) the room was not clean and it smelled of sewerage (entering the bathroom made us gag). We checked out first thing and thanks to Trip Advisor I contacted Golden Pine Hotel and booked a family room. It was excellent! A little more expensive than I had budgeted for but so worthwhile. The staff were awesome and we ate all of our breakfasts and dinners at the hotel. It isn't a new place but it is comfortable, elegant and safe. After long days of sightseeing and horseriding it was nice to come back to our room with air com where the kids could watch cable TV and I could read or use the wifi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Gerberas0
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This Hotel although unassuming from outside offers good clean comfortable rooms, very good service and nice restaurant in a handy central position close to Burnham Park and the markets.
The staff were particularly helpful with all requests and information.The rooms were well equipped, clean,good views ( of traffic chaos that is Baguio).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank barry1943
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booking through Agoda was fast although it was not immediately confirmed on hotel's end, that we had to make a few phone calls here and there and email too just to make sure we have a room to stay in Baguio when we get there. The hotel's staff were all nice and accommodating, one of them even offered to call us back upon learning that we're calling long distance / through mobile. Free breakfast was served on both days but choices were very limited, only American and Filipino dishes. Water heater seemed to malfunction as it changes from hot to cold to hot without us doing anything. Room was spacious enough, no balcony, with closet, cable TV, hairdryer, telephone. The best part of our stay was that WiFi's free! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zhielaleene
Reviewed December 29, 2012

To start off, this is my first time in Baguio - as there are no Beaches there.LOL
Booking and reserving through the hotels website was so easy. after 15 minutes i sent them request through there website someone from there office called me back to confirm the reservations. NICE
The Hotel Lobby is so homey, it's almost Christmas when i got there, well not close it was around November.
the manager sorry i did not get your name was so accommodating (she is a very nice lady) she made sure that how i wanted my room when i they called was set to its place.
Heater in the shower was working perfect, i even had a bath tub in my room.
walking distance from Burnham park, Ruins restaurant and if you want Mcdonalds it's almost neighbors.
free breakfast, and please please i hope they do a "BOTTOMLESS" hot chocolate for there guest next time when i check in, a MUST TRY GOLDEN PINES hot chocoloate i can still taste and remember and crave for it.
Late check out is possible for as long as nobody is going to use the room but not later than 1pm.
The room i got cost me around 1,850 per night. good for 2, witha spacious bathroom clean linens, daily room cleaning,good wifi too..

Room Tip: room 501 is good, quite and cozy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank oddlynice
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Last December 14-15 my boyfriend and I went to Baguio for some relaxation time. Before Dec 14 I was searching for a cheap hotel with good accomodations I looked here in TripAdvisor and when I was looking at the hotels I saw GoldenPine i read some reviews and i find the reviews good. So what I did was open the hotel's website and had our reservation. After 4-6 hrs someone from the hotel called confirming my reservation.

When we reached Baguio 4am i was hesitant to go to the hotel at first because there standard check in time was 2:30pm so I called the hotel first to ask if we can check in early the guy told me Yes as long as there is an available room so we went straight to the hotel when we got there they were all SMILES even the guards! they were fully booked which we understand it was 4:30am so what we did good thing the place is accessible to almost everything we had our breakfast first, roam around Baguio's Burnham park (oh yes! It was really near) had our ukay ukay shopping and when we got back to the hotel almost 8am they told us that we can check in already and take note there is no additional charge (early check in fee)

we stayed at the 3rd floor room 308 it is a corner room. I love the room. Its roomy. Big bed. Television. Airconditoner. Desk and chair. Were only 2 but the room can occupy atleast 3-4 adults with extra bed of course! The comfort room was great! Bathtub? Yes they have. H/C heater they do have. Ammenities they have. Room service was good as well. (I am the type of person who is really choosy when it comes to accomodation) the only problem that i had was the location of the hotel itself which is not really a big deal because almost all of the hotels located in Burnham was the same it was right beside the highway so in the morning you will hear noisy cars because of the traffic. But during night time no need to worry you can sleep peacefully.

The location of the hotel as i mentioned a while ago is very near Burnham Park we walked going there and some near establishments as well no problem looking for establishments because the hotel is near those places which is good because i can save taxi fares. If your a fan of ukay ukay the hotel is near as well. Mcdonalds. BDO if immediate need of money just like me. Cafe by the Ruins. City hall lol. If you would like to go to session road. One taxi which cost only 45php 5-10 mins ride including traffic.

Free breakfast is your choice if you would like to have Filipino or American brekfast. The food was good. 2 free beverage as well one juice and the other one is your choice if you would like to have Coffee or Hot Choco.

Check out time was 12:00 nn but because we still went out we reached the hotel 12:40 so then they told us that they have a grace period of 1 hour until 1pm good thing we already packed our things when we got to the room we still had time to rest and went down 5 mins before 1:00pm (if you exceed 1:00pm you will need to pay Php300.00 additional fee)

Our overall stay at this hotel was Great! Thank you for Golde Pine for the good service. Good job! And if i would be given a chance to go back to Baguio I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2012