“Great Stay on a Great Hotel”

Hotel Supreme Convention Plaza
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Makati, Philippines
“Great Stay on a Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My first booking with Hotel Supreme was made thru Philippine Hotel Reservations Service (PHRS). I booked a family deluxe- air conditioned room for 2 nights. After I paid thru BDO, they confirmed my reservation for 2 nights. I immediately called Hotel Supreme – Old building to confirm the transaction. Unfortunately, the room booked by PHRS was a non-air conditioned room The hotel’s agent said was they don’t have air conditioned room on the old building. After 2 days of waiting for PHRS’ action, unfortunately, they said that they cannot honor the room they booked for us and we need to pay them additional P2000.00 in addition to the P3840.00 they quoted online to get an Air conditioned room at the Convention Center. Since they were unwilling to own the issue, I was forced to cancel the reservation and ask refund instead. BEWARE: they still offer this on their website.

After that incident, I booked the reservation directly with Hotel Supreme Convention Center. Their agents were flexible enough to hold the room for us and allow us to pay the deposit fee a day before the check in date. I guess the only reason that disappoint was when I confirmed if they receive the receipt regarding my deposit. There was an agent who was unwilling to check that and she can’t give me any timeframe on when she can confirm that to me. But she was the only employee that I find rude and very lazy. But when I called back after an hour, the agent who assisted me confirmed my payment which she did in less than 2 minutes.

We arrive in Baguio by 8 AM where we decided to take our breakfast since we’re too early for the check in time. I called Hotel Supreme Convention Center by 9 AM at the hotel to check if we can check in as early as 9:30 AM. The front desk agent allowed us without any additional fee. The room given to us was very spacious and so comfy. The bathroom was so clean and I am so positive that everyone will enjoy the bath tub. The hotel’s location was quiet and it is not crowded unlike the Hotels within the city. Also, you may reach the city in 5 minutes where it may only cost P40-50 to take a cab.

On the 2nd day, we started our day by taking our free breakfast from the hotel. Considering it’s free, the food was delicious. Also, we’re given options to choose.

It was Hotel Supreme who arranged our Day Tour in Baguio. We’re 5 in a group and they gave us a Van for only 2800 for an 8-hour Baguio Day Tour. This is actually more practical since Baguio Taxi rates is 300 per hour considering that an Innova is too small for a group of 5. Out tour guide is so accommodating and he even volunteered to take pictures. He was also considerate where he plan carefully the places we visited since mom has difficulty in ascending and descending stairs. We visited Lion’s Head, Kenon Road, Camp John Hay, The Mansion, PMA, Mines View, Wright Park, Good Shepherd Convent, Lourdes Grotto, Strawberry Farm. He also drove us to a restaurant with good tasting food but very cheap in price. We took our dinner at Barrio Fiesta where we took so many pictures because of its vibrant statues. He was also willing to extend up to 2 hours more so we can walk at Burnham Park after taking our dinner at Barrio Fiesta. Take note… for free!

While taking our tour, we requested our hotel to clean our room. As expected, they did it well. So we’re able to rest well after our day tour. In addition to that, they gave us additional pillows for our additional guests. Our room can actually accommodate 6 guests but the rate is good for 4 guests only. We were just ask to pay for his breakfast on our third day. Again, the additional guest’s stay was for free again.

We also enjoyed the hotels decorations per level – more picture taking opportunities for us . It looks like we were on a museum while visiting each floor. To make it short, Hotel Supreme Convention Center is one of the reasons why we enjoyed our stay in Baguio. Before I forget, they also gave us 10% discount when we checked out. 

Thank you Hotel Supreme for the wonderful experience! ‘Til next time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank genoj_24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Caloocan, Caloocan, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have bugs in our room. We actually found 5 roaches in our room.
The housekeeping service is awful. We requested for service in our bathroom, but we got no response. They said they will get back to us but never been able to do it. The other room my friend used has a ceiling fan that is not working. They called the housekeeping people again and said that they will fix it later but they never fixed it. They also refused to give some shower gels and reasoned out that the shower gels are only for walk-ins, isn't it supposed to be a hotels responsibility to give out some of that? The water also is a problem. There is no water in the morning. It was 7:00am. We talked to the manager and said that there is no water at that time, but he responded and said that he arrived at 7am and there is water. But one of my friend wasn't able to take a bath because they literally don't have any water in their room. I can't understand why is this hotel rated 4-stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank nina1215

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels

Shenzhen, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Old hotel no elevator to floors., room was dirty little bugs moving around towels black from age., mousy shower head and a toilet that doesn't flush., bed was ok too., space in room large., TV working., breakfast, was average of no butter

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank mbayerl
Parañaque, Rizal, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We arrived morning at Baguio and after 3 hotels, we ended up staying here. We paid the whole amount for a 3D2N stay for 5. The hotel attendants informed us that our check-in time is 3PM so we left our baggage and went to SM for lunch and to wait for our check-in time. We went back 2:45PM and waited in the hotel lobby till it reached 3pm. Exactly 3pm, I approached the front desk for us to go to our room because we were very tired from a long trip from Manila. I was informed that the guest in our room haven't checked-out yet so we need to wait. So I give in, I understand the situation and got back to the couch coz I am so tired. I went back 3:20pm to check if we can proceed to our room and still, they wont allow us to go. We finally were able to go to our room around 3:50pm. Poor service.

Breakfast. The waiters won't accommodate us and keeps telling us to wait. We waited, and after 5 times of raising our hands, they finally attended us to get our orders. We specifically asked for a well-done eggs. That was just for the orders, we waited another 20mins for the food to arrive only to find out that the eggs are not well done. I asked the waitress to make the eggs well done, then she left for the kitchen. She got out of the kitchen and handed me a still not well-done eggs. I asked if we can just replace the eggs and scrambled it. Then the waitress said that my request is not possible. Then she left and when she got back, she handed me another eggs, this time a well-done eggs. But I did not ate the eggs. I am not sure what they did in there while cooking it.

Bathtub. We asked for the tub to be fixed because the plug is missing and we wanted to dip in hot water. We called house keeping and they said there is no bathtub plug available. After 10mins, they knock to our doors and there they are holding a bathtub plug. I thought there is no available plug?

The rest of our remaining days in Baguio went fine as we are only in the hotel to take a rest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KenEspinosa
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Supreme when we attended a conference in Baguio. We were 6 so we got 2 rooms each with double beds.

Pros:
- Rooms were spacious.
- The hotel has an American restaurant in the ground floor which serves delicious hamburgers and fries.
- Along a major road so public transportation was easy
- Airconditioning and Hot Water was working in our room unlike what one reviewer commented.
- Free Distilled Water
- Affordable price

Cons:
- Difficult parking. There was a wedding when we visited so that might be the cause.
- Limited wifi
- Limited breakfast choices
- At that time we were in the place, we had to cross the street for the pool. I'm not sure though if they built their own pool now.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Angelica D
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

After arriving at the bus terminal near Engineer's Hill, a tourist information attendee recommended the Supreme Hotel. Our room seemed well used and overlooked Magsaysay Road. The hot water didn't work despite the porter claiming otherwise. The aircon worked OK though a slight stale odour came from it as if the filter was well overdue for a clean.

The staff were pleasant enough particularly one gentlemen who helped stop traffic as we crossed the busy Magsaysay Road. Dinner at the Hotel's restaurant across the road (Ivy's Grill) was ordinary - looked like it didn't get many guests eating there, warm beer... Breakfast in the Hotel foyer outside Gloria Jean's was similar though noticed that several wait staff stood around watching us. We checked out after staying the one night.

Room Tip: If seeking hot showers, run the hot water while the porter is in the room initially to ensure it wor...