“BCC experience..”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Baguio Country Club
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Baguio City showcases a lot of beautiful places. Stayed at BCC for a convention and nothing extraordinary attracted me except for the great view by the veranda and the golf course. The room was just ok, not exceptional. The food was ok and of course the breads and cakes always made me crave for more. The function room was just fine except that they should set a bigger and clearer projection. But as a whole, i enjoyed the quiet, green and refreshing place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was much more like a rest house. The coldness of Baguio city plus the "country" style of the villas makes you relax even more. It is complete and fully furnished, you don't have to worry where to cook because it has spacious kitchen.it also has 2 restrooms and three average-sized bedrooms. The only thing that's irritating in the hotel is that the dress code and all those rules they've imposed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

snotty and not a good place for non members. they dont even allow you to buy plain old bread if you are not a member. But the good old club cant even afford to install airconditioners in their rooms to make your stay a bit more comfortable.

You get the idea that this place is full of BS and stupid rules and regulations... but if they do not allow you to park your car because you are not a club member, just mention that Manuel Roxas is probably a member and hand the guy a 100 peso bill... then magically you can park in a member only slot. Thats a little secret!

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank RA2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It's a great feeling to rose from your bed,open the veranda door and saw the sun hiding in the mountain, perfect sunrise. Our 1 night stay in the hotel is a great experience. Service is excellent, everybody is friendly and helpful. Foods are perfectly prepared, from appetizers, to main menu, to desserts. Breads are freshly breads. Raisin bread is the best. The pool is heated and you dont have to worry with the cool breeze of Baguio.Perfect place to stay when you are planning to go to Baguio but limited only for members & their guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I grew up here. I've always loved the "homey" feel and the familiarity of the surrounding. The food is usually good - must tries are the weekend international dinner buffets, japanese food, burgers and shakes, strawberry desserts, and baked breads. Service is always excellent, and there are more things to do here every year :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristin T
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Baguio is packed as people flock to the mountain city to avoid the heat and they also have universities in the area so there are lots of young people. Lots of people equals congestion but Baguio Country Club has lots of green open space to enjoy. The Fil-Am golf tournament is huge so lots of players/families. We lucked out this year and the weather was beautiful, only sprinkled one day.

We visit yearly for the tournament, guests of a member so this is where we stay. We stay in the main building for convenience of the golf events. Be aware the golf announcer will make noise starting at dawn until after the last flight. If you are near the Veranda which allows smoking you might get smoke drifting into your room. Don't clap/yell at the golfers, employees hold up little "silence please" signs and people will stare at you. I found this kind of funny as the employee seems torn between accomodating guests and "silence please".

There is no tipping (in club rules available on website). It puts the employees in a bad position to force tipping upon them. I saw this happen twice. Granted, employees also need trained on how to handle the pushy guests. I felt bad for the employee really, one so embarrased when the guy tossed the money at her. If you want to tip you leave at the front desk for their holiday party fund. Guests are already charged a guest fee.

According to IT the internet was cleared once an hour to get rid of idle users so for me who was on a working vacation it was trying. Also the wi-fi is weak. They do have routers available for loaning but none were available for me so I was cabled in. Next time I'll bring a portable router.

Sometimes it can be a wait for the taxi so plan accordingly. There is a Fil-Am shuttle between Camp John Hay and BCC. Parking is tight in the main lot and we often spent time cruising looking for a spot. Look up "Baguio pollution" and be prepared, doesn't bother some people but why chance it. There are lovely walks nearby, sometimes you get a detour for the golf event.

If you send out your laundry be aware it might smell very strongly of soap/perfume unless you say otherwise. We had to have ours rewashed. BCC is getting greener, they do recycle room trash. They have linen use signs, might have to remind them but this is the first year it was done automatically. I think these ideas are slowly catching on and I'm happy to see it. Toiletries are nice and less harsh than previous visits and are now in updated containers, looks nice. When you request a wake up call you can also request fresh coffee, very nice touch. You can also request pictures of fresh drinking water brought to the room.

For the first time ever we had hot water every time.

There was a noticable improvement with the employees. Information was accurate and they called back when they said they would. Same in the restaurant, improved. They seemed genuinely friendly (not kissing up) and helpful offering to assist with doors and other things I noted as a change. They got rid of the old feather pillows (think musty smell) and have new foam ones. The room was much cleaner, even the ref., switches and shower were cleaner.

The biggest improvement for us was the food. I was told they now have an on site garden. The breakfast buffet (also other buffets available) was included with our room which is a nice improvement, almost standard in most places. If not included in your room the buffet is expensive for what I can get elsewhere unless you love buffets. The buffet featured fresh juices, fruits, salads, unhealthy cereals (watch out kids), pastries, egg station and the rest is typical meat fest. We are the very healthy type and in past years we ate zero times at BCC because they couldn't provide other than a side salad of iceberg lettuce when we requested a dinner salad. Nutritionally balanced, not really. Things have changed for the better or maybe it is because I talked to the FB manager. We ate 90% of our meals on site. We usually split meals so it was reasonable. Prices are comprable to other nicer restos in the area. I didn't mind being specific with our expectations since the menu is not healthy minded. Our salads were awesome dinner salads. Tofu and beans were available as protein for the vegetarians among us. Pasta w/ veggies was 50/50 pasta/veggies and not a mound of pasta dripping in butter. Veggie curry was lots of veggies and tofu. The staff did not get the deer in the headlights look when we ordered. (Vegetarian, Vegan, Heart Healthy, Diabetic) We were happily surprised.

In the area Camp John Hay area has another hotel, more shops and restaurants so for me it seemed like a little slice of Manila. The new shops are high end but for those on that sort of vacation it does give you much more to do if you aren't into the great outdoors and don't want to fight your way on Session Road. There are several other tourist venues near BCC but I'd take a taxi as it is congested. I'll review them seperately.

Baguio Country Club reminds me of the nicer camp lodges I'd been to as a kid. I'm looking forward to our next visit to see if the improvements hold.

Room Tip: People tend to come up the stairs/elevators chatting and forget there are rooms. Also avoid being n...