Hotel Veniz
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsveniz grillnight marketburnham parksession roadbuffet breakfastbaguio cityukay ukaywalking distancejeepney terminalschose hotelstandard roompublic marketfloor lobbyharrison roadhotel is centrally locatedcable tvfamily suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2010

First off, Hotel Veniz have its own website which is very helpful to those who are searching for a hotel to stay in. The pictures of the rooms with the corresponding room rates made it so much easier for me to choose the room that would comfortably accommodate my family. And for a very affordable rate of P2095 for a Standard Trio room, it already included free breakfast for 3. What's more is that we were given 3 free 'a la carte' breakfast stubs upon check-in, but when we headed to Cafe Veniz for our breakfast, we were directed to the Veniz Grill instead because they were serving buffet breakfast. What a pleasant treat! Although the choices were few, the food was surprisingly good. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They immediately got in touch with me when I made a reservation through their website.
The hotel is at the heart of the city and is very near ukays and the market. Within the same building is a grocery and a McDonald's restaurant and there are other restaurants that offer very affordable food choices, too. The hotel is connected to an overpass which lets guests cross over to the other street without hassle. There's ample parking space during off-peak season, though I don't know if they can accommodate more vehicles during the peak season.
The room we had doesn't have a window, so it's kinda disappointing because I really love the Baguio air. Our room was very dimly lit, it needs more lighting considering that there's no window. The bathroom was clean but the hot water was intermittent. The towels are BEGGING to be replaced, they are already grayish white in color. Good thing I brought our own towels. There is complimentary newspaper every morning but no complimentary bottled water.
I would say, I will still recommend Hotel Veniz because almost everything that a guest would need is located in the same building and its location is great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OrnaObta
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I actually stayed at this hotel because of all the good reviews it had on this website. I Liked the hotel it is a very accessible place, it is near all of the tourist attractions and the famous restos in the area. In addition to that it has a mcdonald's and a supermarket within the same building complex so you can get whatever you need without going far. Also if you're into ukay ukay the hotel is very near the evening ukay ukays in harrison and session road. We would also like to commend the hotel staff especially the reception for being so helpful. They helped us check in earlier at 10:30 am as opposed to the standard check in time of 2pm. They also included a complimentary eat all you can buffet breakfast for 2 during our stay and they even allowed us to check out late at 2 pm for a charge of P150. So all in all staying in this hotel gave us a better baguio experience and we will definitely stay there the next time we come up to the city of pines.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rimshot26
Reviewed October 5, 2010

It was the first time for my wife and two kids to go to Baguio, instead of opting for the package tour service I decided to go on our own. After some thorough internet searching for our accomodation, we decided to stay at Hotel Veniz, because of its proximity to all our areas of concern. The hotel room was just rigth for the four of us it was OK by any standards. Mabel really did a good job for giving us a great service. I inquired for a tour service for the city and she did give me one. Although the vehicle was not too comfortable (it was a Toyota FX) for the 4 of us (maybe we were used to a bigger van), nevertheless it served its purpose. The driver who also served as our tour guide was kind, and very accomodating. We enjoyed the tour, and for my wife and two kids first trip to Baguio it was a lasting experience.
I will surely reccomended this hotel to all my friends here in Qatar, and right now 2 will be going there and hope the same experience will be shared by them. Hope I won't be negated by my colleagues when they stay there, anyway, Hotel Veniz and specially to you Mabel, Thanks alot, and keep up the good work, hope to see yoou again on my next vacation (After six (6) months).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JimmieDoha_Qatar
Reviewed September 11, 2010

First time in Baguio is unforgettable since we stayed in Hotel Veniz who gave us a superb service. I did an online reservation for standard room for 1595, I got an immediate reply on my email about the reservation. While doing the reservation at the front desk, they gave us a discount of 300, so we got the room for only 1296 + complimentary breakfast for 2 which I never expected since I think it is not included on the package The people working here are nice, friendly and courteous. The amenities are complete- cable tv, aircon, free wifi, free cofee (on sachet) for 2 plus they have an electric airpot if you'd like to drink hot water or cofee. The room is very clean and comfortable to stay. The bathroom is also clean with hot and cold water, complete amenities too- hair dryer, soaps, shampoo. toothbrush toothpaste, cotton buds, towels.The hotel is also near Burnham Park, just beside Abanao Square for your grocery needs and above Mc donalds if you get hungry..With someone who is on a budget and wants a nice place to stay in Baguio and with php1296 I believe that we got more than what we pay for..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ynamorin
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This is actually our (my fiancee & I) 2nd time to stay in Veniz and they never cease to amaze me. I only wrote about this hotel since I wasn't being objective after our first trip, thanks to our unpleasant experience with City Travel Hotel. I actually preferred to stay at a diff. hotel but my fiancee insisted in Veniz given its location and quality of room. Made the booking via online five (5) days prior to ETA and was surprised when we were upgraded to a De Luxe Trio room! Commend the receptionist (Arjen) for attending to us upon checking-in inspite of failing to ans. their call to confirm said reservation. The room is impeccable and comes with a ref and an airpot. The bathroom is spankingly clean and we were provided with extra amenities such as cotton buds and a dryer which is very useful as attested by my fiancee. Sleep quality is excellent as I am biased with thick pillows, which is a standard for this hotel. Even ordered an extra one and I wasn't charged a single cent.

However, below are areas for improvement:

1. Please clean regularly the carpet.
2. Increase water pressure from the shower, which in my opinion is satisfactory.
3. Remind guest to be courteous to other visitors as noice emanating within the corridor is disturbing.

After our 3rd trip to the City of Pines, I am now torn between Hotel Veniz and Supreme Convention Hotel. The advantage that Veniz has is its location. Close to the market, session road, burnham park, and best of all - O Mai Khan Resto (must try in Baguio!).

Definitely would recommend Hotel Veniz.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple