“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Philippines
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My boyfriend and I went here for a vacation since that I am celebrating my birthday. Since that this is the first time that we go out of town (just the two of us, alone) were really excited about it. Since May Ive already planned of staying in this hotel because the review are really good. And its true, the rooms are clean, the staff are very accommodating and always smiling. It just so happened that the services are so-so. My boyfriend waited for the masseuse for almost an hour but he said that it was great although he waited for so long. Overall, very satisfied with this hotel. Very close to the market and to Burnham Park!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
ncr
Reviewed June 27, 2010

fair priced hotel in the heart of the city..very easy to find from the bus terminal with easy access to cabs going from place to place...very afordable & clean...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Simple no frills hotel. Found in the middle of the city, this establishment is P50-100 away from most (if not all) of the tourist spots of the city. The staff are friendly and the rates are reasonable. There is WIFI available in the rooms. There is a 1-day complementary breakfast.

Notes:
They wont change your linen until you tell them
They wont clean your room unless you tell them
The AC in the room I occupied may have not been working properly (but i didnt report it)

Their motto is "We pamper." I didnt request additional pampering but may try in the near future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Malabon, Philippines
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I've been to Baguio for the first time in Dec 2008 and i stayed in this hotel. The service was superb and all the hotel crew are friendly and helpful. The location is at its best since its located in the heart of Baguio, just in front of Burnham Park. I returned to Baguio August of 2009 and stayed to this same hotel. I recommend this to all who want to have quality time in the summer capital of the Phils.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
sampaloc, manila
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I use "First Time" as the title of my review as this is the first time that I travelled out of town without my husband but with my two(2) young daughters. I felt so nervous going to Baguio without my hubby cause I felt that since Baguio is not our place, we will be not be safe there but I have to pursue our trip since I gave my commitment to my kids already. However, when we arrived to Veniz Hotel, I already felt at home with the welcoming smiles of the personnel at the receptionist. Inside our room, I feel so safe, comfortable and relax. My kids and I enjoyed our 4D/3n stay in Baguio and Veniz, as the hotel is near Burnham, Maharlika drive, Baguio market etc.... I can sleep well at night as I feel so secure. We would definitely go back to this Hotel and hopefully longer days to stay in Baguio.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
metro manila
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Me and my hubby decided to spend our third year anniversary in Baguio. I was always intrigued with Veniz, and after seeing their online rates and rooms, it was our first pick. We arrived in Baguio late afternoon, and decided to check out other hotels and inns within the city hoping for a better deal, but we were disappointed because their rates are comparatively similiar and we never really liked the rooms that they offered. Though the taxi driver was telling us that Veniz might be fully booked given its a Saturday, we decided to try our luck. The first receptionist we spoke with flatly told us that none of the rooms we wanted is available, and that the cheapest room available is way over our budget. Good thing another receptionist butted in and offered us an available room which is good for three people and suggested that we take it for the meantime and that we can just transfer the following day to the room of our choice (since some guests will be checking out at 1pm the next day.) She gave us options, which we liked and so we decided to check the room she's offering. While on the floor, she was advised that a deluxe room is avalable. She readily offered it to us, and pointed out that though it's more expensive than the three-bed bedroom, the veranda is worth it. While me any my hubby are considering it, she suddenly asked me, "Do you really like this deluxe room, Ma'am?" And I said, "Very much, and I love the view from the veranda." She gave us a smile and simply said, we can have it, at the same price of the three-bed bedroom. Imagine the smile on our faces.
Positive:
1. good rates - very affordable considering its within the city proper
2. well-kept rooms - comfortable beddings, good lighting, veranda is a plus, love the bathroom amenities (hot&cold water, hair dryer), room has its own safe (though i had trouble using it-but it may be just me not following directions), own ref (though they miss to fill it up with sodas), good locking system and airconditioning.
3. breakfast buffet
4. warm and kind staff
5. free wi-fi
6. they provided maps and flashlights for emergency
Areas they can improve on:
1. a more accommodating front desk people
2. promptness for customer's requests - need to call them four times to check on our tv's RC and request for complimentary slippers

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uhznek
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Let me just start by saying this is my second time staying on Veniz and I have seen improvements from the last time I have visited but there are also some minor issues encountered. We were there last Jan 23-24 with out any booking in advance just showed up in the reception and inquired since I thought its not peak season I can easily get room that I want but to my surprise the hotel is fully book when we arrived, I have talked to the reception if any type room is available just to accomodate us since Superior room that I want is not available, first she said that there is one available room but its the executive suite I immediately accept it since its not a season rate but then she said she made a mistake that room is not available neither nice try though she was able to find us standard room instead and we were able to check in even before 2pm since the room is available already. I have no idea what the standard room look like so its playing in my mind maybe a small boring room so I didnt expect alot but after reaching the room to my surprise its even quite bigger I think than the Superior room the only difference is that it didn't have a refrigirator and a view of the out side since its situated in the middle area but I didnt mind since thats what I get for what I pay for as long as its clean. The Wifi connection is available now in our room compared last time that you have to go to the floor lobby to connect and it works now a bit fast. House keeping is good my wife even leave a marking if our bedsheed will be truly changed. The only thing now is that the free breakfast is not that good this time it was served in I think Veniz Grill in the third floor, as I remember in Cafe Veniz in the lower floor we did have a good complementary breakfast during our first stay and enjoyed the food very much but this time in Veniz Grill the selection becomes very basic I dont know what happend maybe due to number of guests thats why they made it like that, the breakfast is only free for the first day of stay even you are booked for 2 or 3 days I just wished as I have wrote here before they could offer it for free for the whole duration of stay. But all in all the service is good I would still choose and recommend Hotel Veniz to my future stay in Baguio.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple