“For a budget hotel, the facilities are just right. Courtesy and prompt service, centrally located.”
Review of Hotel Veniz

Hotel Veniz
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We were 5 adults, 1 teen-ager, and 1 baby. We got Suite No.605. with a balcony overlooking Burnham Park on one side, the street below on the other. There were enough clean towels for all, enough toilet supplies, instant coffe and hot water, cable TV, and a small ref for the beer. The staff from reception to housekeeping, to restaurant and parking were attentive and respectful, well trained in the hospitality business. I'd recommend Veniz Hotel to friends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank urduja8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
Quezon City
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My partner and I went to Baguio City on a spontaneous trip and Hotel Veniz was able to accommodate us almost instantly. Since we arrived in Baguio around 8:00 AM, we were able to leave our things secured in the hotel lobby before the 2:00 PM check-in. That was big help!

There's a promo for the centennial month in Baguio (September 2009) which has twin sharing rooms available at Php 1,190.00. Great standard rooms with the amenities you need like hot/cold water and cable TV. Great view of lower Session Road from the 6F balcony. We couldn't resist to take loads of pictures! I even recorded the intersection in HD video.

The thing I liked the best was the location. The lobby windows are exposed to a major intersection in downtown Baguio. Stepping out of the lobby doors brings you straight into the heart of Baguio City. Forget those taxis, explore several highlights of Baguio by foot.

Oh, and there's WI-FI on all the floors! Bring your laptops!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank digiputz
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Hotel Veniz last September 4 to September 6, 2009. We arrived there early at around 12:45pm and they allowed us to check in early without extra cost. The personnels are very accomodating, they all smile and always make sure that you feel wanted. The room that we stayed is very nice and clean, we didn't believe it at first because price of the room is very cheap for the type of the room. it is very affordable! They also have free breakfast for their guest, which is a eat-all-you-can buffet at Cafe Veniz. The food there is great and also the desserts in Veniz grill is delicious! The hotel is also near the different tourist spots in Baguio such as the Burnham park, Session road, ukay-ukay, Baguio city Market, SM Baguio and more! There is also a supermarket beside the hotel if you would be in need anything. Your belongings are very safe because some of the rooms have their own safe, where you can keep your personal belongings! I really recommend Hotel Veniz to other tourist who wants to make their Baguio stay unforgettable!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dy_yutankin
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I've been to Hotel Veniz several times already. This year alone I've stayed there twice, first was June 2009 and just recently August 2009.
I love the hotel, the staff are very courteuos and friendly, especially Angel who answered all my questions and who have been very patient in answering my questions. The rooms are great, very spacious and clean. The rates are very affordable. The hotel location...well what can I ask, the hotel location is just GREAT!!! Close to everything, if your commuting, the jeepney terminals are just nearby, if you have your car, there's the basement parking.

My only complaint is the low watrer pressure in the rooms and although, there's hot and cold water, take a few minutes for the hot water to kick in.

Overall, I still lovethis Hotel and will staying again there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank dasantosjr
baguio
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I would have to say that this hotel is cheap (in price) but worth the money you pay for. Their rooms are quite claustrophobia inducing so i strongly urge you to request for a room with windows or veranda. Their service may be quite frustrating though but among the baguio city hotels this hotel ranks 4th in my top ten.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank kbleo
Philippines
Reviewed July 21, 2009

During our stay at the hotel, Gelo was the perfect concierge. I needed some things to be purchased before our check in to the hotel as surprise presents but i had no time to go around and buy those things myself and Gelo did those errands for me. We had many requests and he willingly obliged us. Wonderful service! Kudos to Gelo.

The room we had was a very spacious room, it was like you could ride a bike around the place and not run into anything =b. We had a great view of the park. The location of the hotel is great, near everything, the market, Session Road...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1X-R
QC
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Since I was a kid, we stay in this hotel and since I was not the one dealing with their staff then, I thought everything was great until I get to experience how it is to deal with their staff and the reservation system they have. The guards in that place are all nice but the female receptionists should start looking for a new job. I've been there July 2006, May 2007, October 2008, December 2008, January 2009 and February 2009 only to have trouble with their reservation system.

Let me tell you about the last time I was there. It was last Panagbenga festival and I stayed there for 2 nights. I was there December 2008 and I already made reservations for that trip anticipating the volume of people who will be there come February for the festival. I had issues with the receptionist who gave me an attitude. When I came back January 2009, I made a follow up since I know that reservation can be troublesome and yes, they had difficulty locating the reservation I made. I asked for a reservation number and I was given one. Come one week before the date I was there, they called my mobile phone past 3pm asking for down payment that I have to deposit on their bank account or my reservation will be cancelled. Why the [--] will they call me past banking hours to ask me to deposit down payment or my reservation which I made 3 months in advance will be cancelled? Good thing I have a friend who was in Baguio for a seminar and asked him to go there and pay directly. So much hassle.

When we arrived, there was no room yet and we had to wait for hours. We are to stay for 2 nights and they asked us to transfer since that room was reserved for another guest. We have to fix our things and transfer and when we are on the new room, the bell boy said that the room we occupied the last night is still vacant. Imagine the stress. The new room's shower ain't working.

To sum it all up, save yourself from the hassle.

I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank kateness

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels