“Great Location..Nice hotel”

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Paranaque, Philippines
“Great Location..Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

-We liked the room we stayed in, room 222 on the 6th floor, it was clean & nice..complete except tv has no remote, requested for one but none was available :(

-Location was perfect, very accessible to session road, burnhan park, baguio cathedral & SM! which is a good thing coz Baguio is soooo traffic! They also had Mc Donalds, Supermarket, Bakery & drugstore on the same building..making it hassle-free for us to buy our necessities.

-Bathroom was nice too with hair dryer, white fluffy towels, soap, shampoo, cotton buds & shower cap. Water supply was not a problem in our room but on the other rooms we also rented (Rooms 218 & 220) it was! They had to use our bathroom to take a bath.

-It was brownout for 4 hours and generators could not accommodate airconditioning for the rooms, there was only a small window in our room which we could not open so it was kinda hot.

- Wifi is useless, cannot browse in any internet site.

- Secured parking was available which is a plus.

- Free Buffet breakfast was a plus too.

- Staff were courteous & friendly..hassle-free booking & checkout.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank zoealessi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
Quezon City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

Great hotel. We stayed here during the Panagbenga 2009. We got a standard room (P1595.00) The staff were very accomodating. We were able to enter our room before 2pm. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was complete, huge and functional except that it has no bath tub. The room that we have (5th floor) was a little bit dark even all lights were open, maybe bec it does not have windows so we wont able to see if the sun is shining or if it is raining outside.

It is very accessible to cabs and jeepneys and walking distance to city market, parks and session road. Complimentary breakfast is great, variety of food to choose. My partner loves the fresh vegetable salad and dressing. Overall this hotel is great compared to one famous hotel here in Manila.

Famous parks, gardens, churches, landmarks, shopping center are just a stroll away. Great value for your money. Accessible to most restaurants and food chains at the heart of Baguio. while inside the room, you will feel far from the busy and noise outside.

My suggestions, I hope they will provide rugs for the bathroom and slippers as well. Also an electric kettle and a set of teacup and saucer so we can enjoy having a coffee anytime of the day.

Overall, our stay was great and safe.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeck1997
florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2009

we left the hotel and asked them to make up the room, usually hotels would change and replenish eveything in the room, but in this hotel, they leave things as they were,,friendly staff, nice location but, for the money that youre paying,,, they should give u at least that....

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

We chose hotel Veniz as a place to stay in Baguio along with my whole family. It was our second time to visit Baguio in a freezing cold of January in a 9.6 Celsius. (It was unusual to happen here).

I made my reservations directly to the hotel with Ms. Karen of Hotel Veniz. She was very accommodating and answers all our queries the best that she can. We reserved a Family Room and a Standard Double DeLuxe. You see, we are a family of 12, huge eh?

The Hotel is situated right in the Burnham Park and Magsaysay Market. Very accessible in the cabs and jeepneys and wlaking distance to Ukay Ukay, Session road, market and Park. The Hotel rooms are in 3/F up to 6/F. 2/F is allocated for a Grocery Store, McDonalds and other kiosk selling Cell phone accessories and gadgets and a bridge connecting the walkway going through the Magsaysay Public Maarket and Session Road (BPI Bank)

Complimentary Buffet breakfast at Veniz Grill is also included in the package. But I think this is good only for a first day basis and then the next day is 50% off on a regular price (sorry, I forgot how much). There are a lot of food to choose from. What I love is their Vegetable salad and dressings. 100% freshly picked Veggies so it was crunchy and sweet.

Their Classic Family room was huge, clean and neat. Having 3 beds, a cable TV, Fridge, Coffeemaker, hair-dryer and a hot and cold shower. At that time our hair dryer was dysfunctional so I called their attention to fix it and they send their Maintenance at once. Unfortunately they cannot fixed it right away so I went to my sisters room for a dryer.

Our stay was awesome. And I’m glad my family love their stay just like I did in Hotel Veniz.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank apple_wine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

Don't let the pictures of their website deceive you. The main entrance isn't so welcoming. Their lobby is so small and their reception staff is so undermanned that the family or friends of the guests checking in and out have to stand while waiting for their companions who are busy falling in line, waiting to be assisted. They obviously should add more staff during peak seasons.

They only have one small elevator that can merely hold one bellhop and his cart luggage. The other guests have to wait or take the stairs. Their basement doesn't provide ample parking. If you run out of parking slots, you have to park in the lot they bought which is like 2-3 blocks from the hotel. It's such a hassle because you have to walk back to the hotel and walk towards the lot just to get the car. Oh, and it smells bad too! Like rat pee or something. Furthermore, it's dirty. I could see the thick dust on the walls and posts. I don't think they clean it. Bad for people with asthma. I tried holding my breath whenever I was down in their basement. And did I also mention that some of the cars there even have to be parked slanted? There are also delivery trucks, jeeps and other cars blocking the one and only entrance of their parking area so you have to wait to enter or exit the said vicinity.

And their rooms? You guessed it, it's not as big as it appeared on the pictures. Our faucet shower even broke on our second night there!

The only thing good about this hotel is their courteous housekeeping personnel and some of their food.

If you can find other better hotels, do so.

• Liked — housekeeping staff and food
  • Disliked — smelly, insufficient basement parking, small lobby, single elevator, undermanned reception staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank brutallyHonestVixen

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

I stayed there for 3 whole months without any problems. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The place is very affordable, yet all of the amenities that I needed were available. There were some problems with the FREE Wi-fi from time to time, but wasn't really important since I'm only there to rest. The location is perfect! I never had problems getting a cab. They also have an ATM and a grocery store at the second floor. Pretty much, if you stay there, you won't have to leave the hotel because everything is already available within the building.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Cronael
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2008

I'm sitting in the lobby of this dump, writing this. That's how angry I am. Sixth Hotel of my trip throughout the Philippines and this hotel was far and away the worst. I should have known when Paul at check in was a bit surly. Then the room smelled of urine. They sprayed some deodorizer, but it didn't help. The shower barely trickled and there was not hot water. The free breakfast costs 119 peso, not a lot, but not honest. The restaurant in the hotel is a joke. Of the 50 or so items on the menu only 2 or 3 were available, which tells me everything is prepared in advance. Stay away from this dump.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo