“Great Location and Value”
Review of Hotel Veniz

and 1 more site!
Hotel Veniz
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We took a 5 1/2 hr. bus ride from manila to get to Baguio. This hotel was location just a minute from the bus station. The location of Veniz Hotel is great : burnham park, main street, and a robinsons mall are all close by in walking distance. The service is really good ( helpful ), the room was good size but aircon was a bit noisy, tv didnt work very well, and the shower temperature wasn't warm. We stayed 2 nights which included 2 free breakfast each morning ( once we had room service, the other time we took advantage of the breakfast buffet ). The cost was $102 u.s. The only other issue i had was they require a deposit for damages in cash only ( 500php ), but when i checked out they couldn't find the reciept, its a good thing i had my copy or they may not have returned my money. Overall for the location and value it is a great choice if your planning a stay in baguio

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beef1616

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you are a typical visitor of Baguio City, wanting to do shopping and visit sights, this may be a good bargain for you. The hotel is centrally located where taxis are easy to find. The hotel staff is very efficient, friendly and helpful. I received an upgrade! Service is swift. Unfortunately, its central location can be a bane to light sleepers like me. Although I was in the 6th floor, I could hear the traffic the whole night--engines, horns blaring (Filipino jeepney drivers like blowing their horns) and I could even smell the fumes. In the morning when I tried to catch my sleep, I could hear noisy children running in the corridors. This is a family hotel. The WiFi is strong only in the common places and very weak in my room. Breakfast was sufficient. I booked via Agoda but I saw the hotel had a rainy day special which was a steal. So I felt disappointed that I did not check the hotel website (a lesson for me).

Room Tip: Get the rooms not facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Malou B
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Previous stays I have booked Family suite with them and though the location and room size are a plus nothing else is good.

This month (June) I have stayed there with my friends and we stayed in the superior family which has two queen beds. Sorry to say but the room was terrible. AVOID room 312, it is located at the new wing and it is the corner room. Small, eery, ceiling has molds, dark, creepy and has a musty smell and the beds were really hard and not comfy (we arrived at 12midnight and just staying for a night so moving rooms middle of the night is quite inconvenience) Terrible shower pressure which takes us forever to shower.
And oh, I guess tripadvisor is being neglected in this hotel as no one ever bother to respond as seen from previous feedback no one seems writing back. Staffs look preoccupied at all times and seldom engage with guests. Well anyway, possibly the last time Ill book at Veniz, not till they renovate the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Liza R
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Every peso you pay for the rooms are worth it! Every room you avail entails a free breakfast. Also, it lies in the heart of Baguio City. It's near the remarkable Burnham Park and walking distance (walking is the "in" thing in Baguio) to commercial establishments.

The standard room is good for a family of four.Own private T&B with heater. Cable TV, wall mount air-conditioning, a small coffee table with complimentary coffee including water heater.

Minimum budget for the rooms are around Php 1200 but the stay was all worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adriyange
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I saw this hotel thru agoda.com and the price was okay but when I looked to their website the price was different than what we saw on agoda so we decided to call the hotel directly and made a reservation. The hotel was walking distance to Burnham Park. You can reach SM also if you don't mind walking so I can say it was a great location. We paid for 1,400 for a room for two. The room was okay for that price. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a small cafe at the 2nd floor of the hotel and the foods and drinks are excellent for a reasonable price. The only problem I have is that they don't have an internet connection inside the room so I suggest that maybe they can put a connection in all rooms in the future. I will probably be back to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cuteasiantraveller
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last May 21 to 23.. the overall experience was superb however, due to we werent able to reserve a room prior to our travel date, we were obliged to take the only available room that time which was good for triple sharing. we arrived 7 am andhad to stay in the lobby until 10 am ..goodthing that the lobby is well ventilated that we have no problem taking a powernap on the couch.. the room was as expected.. nothing too fancy. the linens were clean, they have complimentary coffee and cookies for visitors.. during our first day we woke up late for the breakfast, but they were still able to accomodate us through the cafe located at the 2nd flr. the location is very much accessible to everythiing.. its near burnham park.. baguio marketplace.. mall.. resto.. and just a quick ride to SM.. It was my bf's first time going to baguio since he's from japan so we had to make this really memorable. - well.. by the end ofthe day, the experience was great and we definitely had a wonderful time..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anneliciouz
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is a little old, the room looks the typical old fashion hotel, but its clean.. . A little expensive though, probably because of its location which is at the center of Baguio City.. . Its close to Burnham Park, the market, the night ukay ukay market (the longest stretch I've been to so far) and the Session Road (a lot of resto you may want to try). On foot its around 10min to SM Baguio and Baguio Cathedral, Session Rd is a little steep though so you may find it tiring to walk.. . Few choices in its complimentary breakfast but its delicious.. .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business