“Good and Safe Place to Stay in the Heart of Baguio City”
Review of Hotel Veniz

and 1 more site!
Hotel Veniz
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Very responsive hotel - this is just one of the many things I look for a hotel. Veniz staff are very accommodating in answering all my questions thru text. After I finalized my decision, I got my reservation number and just remind them again on my booking a day before my arrival date. We stayed in the hotel last August 23-25, 2008.

Since check-in time is still 2pm, as early as 7am they allowed us to left our luggage on their safety small room. After we settle the room reservation, pay for the bill and gave a 500php deposit for the keys - we finally entered our room (6th floor) with their staff helping us carry our bags.

We took a Junior Standard (Double Occupancy) for 1295php per night, it has 2 single beds without air condition and no windows. I never hoped for the best because I might be disappointed, - I’m totally a window lover so what can I say. But as we step-in to the room, I was totally amazed. Good lighting effects, clean and soft beds, television has cable channels, safety box in the dresser, a body sized mirror and two fans (which we never used since it is already cold inside).

I’m surprised with the bathroom - it was so huge! Though it has no bath tub, still everything is just so good. They provide, clean towels, toiletries and hair blower as well.

No need for bigger windows, as it has a very small one where you can actually see if the sun is shining or if it’s raining. Also the floor lobby has it’s terrace for a wider view of what’s happening around the city.

Our booking also includes a one time buffet breakfast, which is from 6:30am - 10am.

Another plus to this is hotel, is its location. Burnham Park is just in front of the hotel. The building also has Mc Donalds, Veniz Grill, Betty’s Kitchen (fast food type), Veniz Café and Sunshine Bakeshop. Public market is also very near. The hotel is very accessible by cab and jeep and is also very close to over pass and pedestrians. For techi people, don’t worry since hotel provides wifi service.

Per my suggestion, I hope they could also provide rugs for the bathroom and slippers as well. I’m already aware or the bad reviews about the noise of the hotel - but this is expected as the hotel is in the middle of the city and for sure that you will hear the noise of the traffic nearby.

All in all, our stay there was very good and safe. Highly recommended to all backpackers, friends and families staying in Baguio.

For more, read: [--]

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ruffeecola

Reviewed April 16, 2008

Well the property looked good from the outside and the location is central so we went in and enquired about a room.
Reception were friendly and the room rate was okay so we stayed.
Thats the good bit now for the rest.
The room was nice enough but after complaining about continual loud banging and crashing noises we were told the floor above was a grocery warehouse or something similar and the noise would not stop.
So anyway they then upgraded us to the "suite" which was nice, however the suite was in terrible condition with broken cupboards and badly stained dirty carpet.
On checking out I told the manager exactly how I felt about his hotel via a questionnaire and was contacted a few weeks later apologising for the condition of the suite etc and that an upgrade is now planned.
Has it been done?,well I dont know because I doubt I will go back to find out.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank Mozzroom
Reviewed January 3, 2008

After visiting SM City Baguio we decided of a hotel to stay at one of our cousin showed us Hotel Veniz. The first thing we recieved was a ticket for a Complimentary Breakfast Buffet but they charge you for any unfinished food since they don't like waste. The room electricity shuts off if you don't put the room card in the holder so it doesn't waste electricity. Pretty much everything in this room was ecologically friendly. I would recommend going there.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Private I
Reviewed November 3, 2007

The hotel room was very dark with all the lights on. The bathroom met pension house standards. Burham Park and eating establishments across the street. Hotel contacted a local bank for money exchange and they delivered. Excellent exchange ratio. This hotel is very noisy, due to the traffic. I don't think I would stay there again. However, for a 1-2 night stay this hotel is OK.

• Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank hiahans
Reviewed September 25, 2007

My Filipino hostess booked this room for me and it was a very nice choice. I wrote a longer review but the Trip Advisor system ate it (some error message about site not working) so I'll give the short version here and post pics. The hotel seems to be centrally located but the sights are spread out so you'll need to take taxis or drive anyway. Of the 5 hotels I stayed in during my time in Luzon, this was my favorite. The view was interesting (mountains and city) and the room was the most comfortable. The bath was quite luxurious. We had a wonderful dinner at the Chinese restaurant across the way (Rosebud). My only reason for not giving them 5 stars is that they did not have the room my friend booked. She had booked a room with balcony and they told her they could not give me that type of room because the previous guest had decided to stay on. This embarrassed and upset my hostess, which upset me. Since when do guests get to just decide to stay on?? The staff did not budge, nor did they offer to make it up to her in any way, nor were they very nice about it. The room I did get was fine and I was charged the amount normally charged for the lesser room. Despite that little snafu, Baguio was my favorite place. So much to do, so interesting. Don't miss Tamawan Village (you need to have pretty good balance to climb the "steps" and so on, esp when it has rained); the flower market (great souvenirs), the botanic garden, the military school park; and Burnham Park (Burnham was the architect from Chicago who helped design Baguio, I believe) (check out those swan boats!). It was great to escape the heat and humidity at the coast, see the beautiful scenery on the way up and enjoy all that Baguio has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2007
6  Thank prairiemom
Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed in this hotel because of the location because it's near practically everything. When we got there we had to wait for 5 hours because our room wasn't "ready" yet! Plus, to make matters worse, the ladies at the desk were rude! The room was okay but I would never EVER go back to that hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Filea
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Aside from my disappointment with their non accommodating staffs, I find Hotel Veniz a nice place to stay. I haven't experienced the noise for our room was in 316 and it's not on the edge along the highways. The hotel is clean, and of course the room. It's spacious. They have clean restrooms. It's affordable and yes I agree, they're not on 24 hr service. Veniz grill closes at around 10pm. Our stay has been great partly because of Hotel Veniz!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple