“Nothing fancy...”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Veniz
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Reaching Baguio late from Manila, hence being very tired. This is the best choice of sleeping. Hotel is kind of small and there is nothing fancy about it. Room are acceptable, size and the toiletries is provided for. Price is what you pay for, so its acceptable and what you expect of the services and quality. Located at Albanao Street, which is one of the main streets in Baguio, and a few steps to Burnham Park and Albanao Square.

Room Tip: Just get a room with a window facing Burnham Park.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I went there last July 13 - 14, 2013. We just wanted to get away from Manila in a quiet, cold and relaxing place. I didn't expect Baguio to be so polluted! Worse, this hotel is in the middle of that pollution-filled city! True, it has great access to all the nice places you can dine in but that's not why you go to Baguio. You can easily find those places in Manila.
When we entered their lobby, it was so small and the smell from outside permeates the inside. My husband even said they should put some scented candles there so the smell from outside wouldn't be so bad.
We stayed in room 530. The room was really small, had a coffee maker and a hair dryer (thank God!). Carpet was filthy so my husband warned me not to go barefoot. The shower wasn't working well; there was little water coming from it. Good thing the hot water system was working.
The flat screen TV had poor reception and for you to change a channel you either had to press the button 6 times or you had to wait a full minute before you can do anything. The brand of the TV was Chong Chang (guess that explains it).
Bed wasn't so soft but it was clean so I was okay with it.
The only really great thing about it was the food. I love their buffet! There was a lot of choices.

Room Tip: If you want access to all the things you want in a City, this is a good hotel. It's near SM and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wency777
Reviewed July 17, 2013

been here last july for 3days and 2 nights.we choose the standard room, it is located at the 6th floor
-the room was good, even the toilet was clean.
-food- oh la la.our food is buffet style, and the taste is good.
-location- it is really near to burnham park and market, taxi's are everywhere
-service- their staff is very accomodating and friendly. take note: when we check out the next day we ask one of the staff if we can leave our baggage for a while to buy our pasalubongs and to our surprise its free they'll just give you a claiming stub.
overall our stay is great, it is really worth our money. we will surely come back to this hotel.
tip: go to the night market i believe its start at 10pm, its just a 5mins walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you want to be at the heart of Baguio, then Hotel Veniz is a very good option.

The good:
1) It's in the center of the city - just a short walking distance to Burnham Parkm, the market (SHOPPING!) and even Session Road.
2) They provide parking so there's no need to worry if you have your own car.
3) Very affordable, especially if you compare it to other hotels.
4) Rooms are clean, and are big enough.

But expect also:
1) The hotel feels old already, and you will see it with the carpet.
2) It's at the heart of the city so it's REALLY BUSY right outside.
3) Breakfast is just okay, don't expect it to be awesome.
4) City view - You may want to consider another place if you're after an "outdoor" or "nature" view from your hotel. Here you will see buildings, the market, and the people walking outside.

All in all, this is our go-to hotel when we visit Baguio. No need for the fancier ones since we are usually out of the hotel anyway. I would consider it a 3-star hotel but I'm giving it 4-stars because we're relatively happy with them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank carambs
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went to Baguio last April 25-27, 2013 for my mom's birthday. We had our reservation with this hotel thru there website, had our reservation as early as March. Reserved 3 rooms which is 2 Standard Family and 1 Superior Family. And requested if we could have 3 consecutive rooms. It was an easy reservation since they will be sending you the summary charges thru your email address and you just need to send them a copy of the deposit slip, We paid 1st night only of DP btw.

When were on our way we got phone calls from the hotel reps. confirming our reservation, we got there at 2:00PM it was hard to go down in front of the hotel since the hotel is located at the heart of Baguio city's Burnham Park.

We got there and stayed in the lobby for 30mins since were still waiting for the key to be given. By my surprise the receptionist told us that the reservation was upgaded and it was for free although we need to sign something i dont know if that was a promo or what. Instead of having 2 standard and 1 superior. Our room was upgraded to 3 superior family rooms for the same price that we need to pay. *req granted to have 3 consecutive rooms* and btw we had to deposit 500 for each kid that we had for insurance something but its refundable on the day that you will check out.

The room is okay. Nothing special. The room was cold when we got in since Baguio has a cool weather but still the room has an aircon and we still turned it on. There was no big window, non-smoking room, toiletries. I stayed with my sister in the room just me and he so the room was big for just the two of us.

The location, I don't like since its on the side of the busy streets of Baguio. You could hear the car horns from the outside. What's good about the location is that its one overpass away from Burnham Park so when we went to the Night market it was easy. I don't like the fact as well that the hotel has a commercial center on it so anyone could go inside the hotel premises. Scary. Even though they do have a separate door for you to be able to go inside the room corridor anyone could tailgate on it. So i think they should have security on the upper floors as well. Or more CCTV's.

Service was just fine. Although it takes time for a hotel personnel to go to our room they are still doing what we are requesting. There was a WIFI access on the room but the signal is so poor. were at the 3rd or 4th floor of the hotel, cant remember the exact but where Veniz Grill (hotel restaurant) is located. Wifi is good at the lobby.

Our overall experience was just fine. If i'll be given a chance i think ill go back here since the rate is cheap for there rooms.

Room Tip: Request for a room which is at the side of Burnham Park if you want to have great views!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chix C
Reviewed June 14, 2013

the hotel is very strategic because it is located just across the famous burnham park and the market but the place is too shabby. If you are a person who is so picky especially when it comes to cleanliness, i wouldnt recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank christinetan123
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is actually my 3rd stay at Hotel Veniz. We occupied a standard trio room last week of May and stayed for 4D3N. Their service is a bit deteriorating especially housekeeping but before I go to the negatives, let me itemize the positives, the reasons why I keep coming back to this hotel.
+Central location: you can walk to Burnham park, public market, session road, lots of atm machines in the vicinity. It's right in the middle of where the action is.
+Buffet breakfast: the hotel rate includes breakfast. Not really a wide variety of choices but it's filling and delicious. We usually go down for breakfast at around 8AM and the food that we ate kept us going until late in the afternoon. We would then have our lunch/dinner outside at around 4PM.
+Check in/out: front desk service was still okay considering the volume of guests they had during the week that we were in the hotel. Wait time to check in/out is tolerable.
+Confirmation call: the hotel staff called me twice to confirm if we will arrive on schedule.

Here are the things that they need to address:
-Reservation: I initially sent an email to reserve a room. After a couple of days, I decided to call the hotel since I'm not getting an email reply to my inquiry/reservation. The girl I spoke with said that they received my email but perhaps overlooked it. Argh... She then reserved a room for us and gave a confirmation number. I specifically said that we will be checking out late at around 9PM and I am willing to pay their late check out fee. When we checked in, the front desk officer can't seem to find the note on my reservation that we requested for a late check out. I then decided to pay for the 4D3N stay including the half day rate for the late check out to avoid the hassle that we might encounter when we check out.
-Housekeeping: It was a standard trio room but there was only 1 slipper, 1 toothbrush, 1 small toothpaste, and 2 glasses in the bathroom. Do they expect us to take turns in using the slippers and toothbrush? Good thing we always bring toiletries whenever we travel.

I used to like Hotel Veniz but I'm not so sure if I will stay there again next time I visit Baguio...
I hope the hotel management would do something about these concerns.

Room Tip: always ask for rooms with direct access to the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family