“location wise?its perfect..service?good...”

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Quezon City
“location wise?its perfect..service?good...”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Im not pretty sure what could have happen that I ended up booking in this hotel. I was really planning to book at Bloomfield hotel but I dialled the wrong number and that was Venizs'.
I appreciated a lot that Arjen had reserved our room up 'til 8pm when I told her that that we were coming from Pagudpud and the traffic in La Union was really heavy. It was easy to check in and the hotel was really easy to find.
The room was huge enough for us, w/ veranda to where you can view the busy streets of Baguio. I was glad that even though the room was kinda outdated, it still has all the basic things.complete toiletries,slippers(just one pair though), coffee,tea,hairdryer, towels, mini bar,cable tv,and safety deposit box. I like the closets, they were really huge for just the two of us.They even have a full length mirror and high-speed wifi connection.The bed was comfy too, but the lights were a bit dim maybe for a cozy effect but somehow I didn't like it.
The hotel was near everything. You can even walk your way to SM,fastfoods,bars etc that its like your just in Manila though w/ cooler atmo, not to mention that it was just few steps away to the Burnham Park.
The breakfast was good,though there were few choices, it was tasty..But it was not warm,specially their soup. I even complained about it, but i was told those were not working anymore...weird
. I hope they would add more hotel staff like for assisting their visitors specially elders in carrying their bags,. And their operator number was always busy everytime you'll call them on the room phone that was really inconvenient.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mahcoolet08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Czech first
manila
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I checked-in this hotel last July 2010, and never had a doubt about leaving personal or valuable items inside the room coz i had this so much trust of the hotel staff that even if i left it unattended, no one will attempt to get it, unfortunately, that was the first time i lost a valuable item ,to sad to think..that you cannot trust them anymore..and one thing, i had trouble sleeping because the noise outside the hotel lobby and even the hall were too disturbing.OMG!

Room Tip: Just book another hotel...
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank katya088

Travelers are raving about these Baguio hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 13, 2011

There was a lot of stuff that went wrong with our visit. I received three text messages from Hotel Veniz telling me that check in is at 200 PM and check out is 1200 noon. When I went to the counter in the lobby I was greeted by Arjen who handled my online reservation. She checks the computer, then gets on the phone, then talks on the CB radio they have. Arjen does this for several minuets while not saying anything to me. After 13 minuets of standing there Arjen tells me that none of my rooms are clean and that we need to wait. So I ask if we can put our stuff in a room while we wait for our family room to be cleaned. We cancel the other room in hopes of getting to our room sooner. We are shown to a room where we can put our luggage and rest. We then decide to leave to get something to eat. On our way out I inquire about exchanging money and I am told by the front desk person that I need to cross the street and walk a few blocks. I will then come across a black market and I should ask the people there where I can exchange money. The website states:

“Money Changer - We can assist you in having your foreign currency converted to pesos. We can arrange convenient and secure transactions at the best possible exchange rates.”

So I thank the person at the desk and we leave to find a secure place to exchange money and to eat. Two hours and 19 minuets later Arjen calls me to let me know that our room is ready. When we finish the paper work we are given breakfast coupons for each of us for two days which seems like a nice gesture. That night we try to take a shower but the showerhead is not working properly. The management at Hotel Veniz expect things no to be in working order because by the phone there is a sheet of paper for you to fill out to inform them of what is not working. We fill out the form and put it aside to give the hotel staff the next day.

The next morning I put my valuables in the safe in our room provided by the hotel. We go to the lobby to give them the sheet informing them that the showerhead is not working. We are told by the front desk person that the showerhead will be fixed immediately. After this we go to eat the free breakfast that Hotel Veniz is providing us. The coupon says we can choose one of four items so all four of us choose something different. When we get to the restaurant we are told that breakfast will be buffet style. As we get our buffet breakfast none of the food is hot or even warm. It is all room temperature. The eggs, rice, pancit and everything else tasted like it had been left out overnight. Not a good dining experience at all.

When we return to the hotel room hours later we try to take a shower but are unable to. The showerhead that we were told would be fixed immediately is missing. So we leave the room again to explore more of Baguio. The next time we return to the hotel room the showerhead is back and working properly. When I try to open the safe my code does not work. We call the front desk, and two ladies come to our room. At first the two ladies are speaking to me in English. When one of the other guests who is with me speaks to them in tagalong they then ignore me and only speak to him in tagalong. I reserved the room, I paid for the room, it is my stuff in the safe yet they now seem to have forgotten how to speak English. They unlock the safe and tell me I did not follow the instructions and my four digit code should have been at least six digits. I keep my mouth shut, but should have told them to read the safe. The instructions clearly state four digit code. These two ladies should have to read the instructions on the safe. They look stupid standing there giving our misinformation. It clearly states in black and white four digits. When I visit Baugio again I will not be staying at Hotel Veniz.

2 Thank petmex
san fernando, la union
Reviewed April 28, 2011

the room is not safe for disaster, we are not expecting that kind of room what we have seen in the internet. the staff are very slow in accommodating there customers, no desired elevator for the floor that we stayed we have to go down to the stairway or up to the stairway to reach the elevator

Room Tip: don't trust what they advertise
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rafael2011
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Value for money, Hotel Veniz is a good option for anyone planning to stay for a few nights in Baguio. Just get to the lobby and you'll instantly be in the heart of Baguio City. We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed and a single bed for about P2,300 per night which already comes with buffet breakfasts for 3.
However, for this price, it might be too much to expect a 5-star class style accomodation. For one, the white towels in the washrooms have become "off-white" and could be a bit fluffier. Perhaps, this happens when they have been over used already. I guess they should be paying more attention to their linen that might need replacement already.
For this price, the breakfast buffet comes as an added bonus. However, as early as 7:30am, it was hard not to notice that most of the food served had become room temperature already. Further to that Cafe Veniz (the resto which serves the buffet) could use a boost in its air conditioning. Or maybe just an improved ventilation might do the trick to let the cool Baguio air In and the stuffy air Out.
Finally, thanks the front desk crew should be applauded for their efficient service. When we checked out, we were one among the dozens (i think there was a convention) but we didn't have to wait too long to settle our bills.
Thank you & I hope to drop in again in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you are described the room you booking.
2 Thank Rick829
Manila
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Hotel Veniz is located in the heart of Baguio City: it's in a crowded area near the marketplace and Burnham Park. If you want to see pine trees by your window, this is not the place. However, it offers refuge in the middle of the hustle and bustle of this busy city. My family and I enjoyed the coziness of the hotel especially our room, which has 2 queen sized bed. It's quiet and comfy and the room lighting is warm, which is very relaxing.

It came with a free eat all you can breakfast buffet in Cafe Veniz for all of us, which is I think what my Dad enjoyed the most :) There was a wide variety of foods: from the usual silog pinoy breakfast to do-it-yourself salads with fresh Baguio veggies, to pancakes and cereals.

The staffs are also polite and helpful. We asked for a pail and a dipper and they readily gave it to us. They also accommodated my reservation when I called their hotel a week before, and confirmed it a day before our arrival -- with no downpayments or reservation fees. We checked out at 12nn and they let us leave our baggages with the Concierge because we still want to see Camp John Hay before our bus leaves.

If you want to stay in a homey place where everything in Baguio City is accessible, Hotel Veniz is it.

1 Thank icequeen_emjay
mangaldan-UK
Reviewed February 20, 2011

we were group of 13 adults and one child. we have paid 1 standard room and 2 family standard room and at first one staff said good for 5 people but only good for 4. i ended up paying 3 more extra beds and has costed me another P3000 on top for 2 nights. anyhow, our stay was good, my family has enjoyed staying at veniz and very convenient for exploring, eating and shopping.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family