The Manor at Camp John Hay
Hotels.com
$70
$53
Agoda.com
Baguio Holiday Villas(Baguio)(Great Value!)
$41
$38
Hotels.com
$47
$69
Hotel Veniz(Baguio)
$48
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsle chefgarden viewcamp john haypine treesbaguio citylog cabinbedroom suitepiano baroutlet storestree top adventurebreakfast buffetchristmas seasonfresh airkeep coming backraisin breadsummer capitalbaguio experience
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Manor never fails to take my breath away! Still in love with this place. Too bad we didn't get the garden view room this time.

I went there with my friends last weekend as I've been telling great things about this place for a long time. I'm glad they all enjoyed specially the food at Le Chef.

I look forward in staying there again soon with my mom

More power to the staff and management! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: be sure to request for a room with a garden view! so romantic!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
TheManorcjh, Front Office Manager at The Manor at Camp John Hay, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Mae I,

We wish to thank you for sharing your experience at The Manor at Camp John Hay. Your review is very humbling and very much appreciated.

We are glad that you and your friends had a wonderful stay and particularly enjoyed the food at Le Chef.

We look forward to you and your mom’s visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Manor at Camp John Hay is still my first choice when in Baguio. We have been staying here regularly for the past years and it offers the best accommodations in my opinion. Our latest stay was last weekend for the Chinese New Year holiday. We got a garden view room as I requested because I enjoy looking at the nice garden while relaxing in the veranda of our room. Checking in was a breeze when we arrived last Friday evening, with a hot green tea offered to me while waiting for the room key. Since the hotel was fully booked, the only avalaible parking was quite far, at the back of Forest Lodge, but that's ok, we've parked there previously, and the same was lighted and with security guards.

The location is the best. I always make it a point to walk around John Hay early mornings to enjoy the cold weather and the pine scent. Since we went there to relax and we've already seen all the sights in Baguio, we just stayed inside John Hay most of the time, except to have lunch at Cafe by the Ruins and to buy goodies at Good Shepherd. There are a lot of restaurants at the Ayala Technohub and the Mile Hi Center. There was also a Sunday mass at the Clubhouse so no need to go out.

We had massage at the hotel spa which was very relaxing.

The bathroom looks dated but it's clean and we never had problems with the hot water. My complaint is that I had to ask for shampoo from the housekeeping people because we were there for 3 nights and they put only 1 teeny weeny bottle in the bathroom. We also got only 1 newspaper during our stay. We tried the informal dinner by the camp fire at the Little Camp John Hay which I heard was operated by the hotel during weekends only. The food was so-so and the waiters manning the place seemed overwhelmed and didn't quite know how to attend to the guests, I had to remind them several times because it took them forever to get our orders and our food took forever to arrive.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank psl1225

Dear psl1225,

We are delighted to know that The Manor at Camp John Hay is your first choice when in Baguio. Our location is definitely one of our advantages and it delights us to know that it makes things easier and more convenient for our guests. We are also glad that you enjoyed our little touches such as the hot moringa tea which we offer to all our guests.

Please note that your comments regarding our bathroom amenities, newspaper set-up and the service at Little camp John Hay are duly noted and reviewed so that we can improve our services.

Please know that we value your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

After a five hour trip by car from Manila we arrived. No issues with check-in and the key to the room was actually a key with the room number on the key ring. The hotel has tile and wood throughout the common areas and was four stories tall. My room was on the third floor and it was very noisy with people talking and knocking and doors slamming throughout the evening including past 11:00PM. The room came with a refrigerator (not sure if all rooms have a refrigerator). The bathroom appeared quite old (1960-70s?) but was clean except I had to call to get the shower drain unclogged the first night. The view of the garden was nice and the area was decorated for Chinese New Years. My number one complaint was the water was not potable. My second issue was hot water was very limited. The first night I had about 10 minutes of warm water, the second night was 5 minutes, and by the third night I had learned to take quick showers. I rated this place average based on where this hotel is located, but if I was comparing it to other hotels in Manila, it would be rated poor based on non-potable water, minimal hot water, and no air-conditioner.

Room Tip: Garden view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TheManorcjh, Front Office Manager at The Manor at Camp John Hay, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear joycehnp,

Thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges.

We are sorry to learn that you had concerns with the noise in the hallways, shower drain, non-potable water, minimal hot water and no air-conditioner. However, you might be glad to learn that we are currently in the process of renovating our bathrooms which will address some of the concerns you raised.

The temperature in Baguio allows us to enjoy the cool weather thus the reason for not putting air-conditioning in all rooms but we would gladly provide room fans for your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and rest assured that the issues you raised will be considered for future improvements.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed over the long weekend and experienced a chain of disappointments! I kept hearing a constant, "Sorry, it is because we are booked at 100%." First was parking, it seems there is no designated area for hotel guest parking (owner driven). The one in front is always full and as of last weekend, so was the one at the back. Second was the hot water shower. The hot water disappears after 2 minutes and the rest of the shower is cold. Third was that the noise from the other guests were coming in through the corridor side door and from the balcony! I wished they would have signs to remind guests to hush! Fourth, was the breakfast eating area. The hotel could not accommodate all the guests and there was a waiting period of 30 minutes! I do not know how it could have gotten a "certificate of excellence" when it seemed like the staff was not trained enough to handle situations like these. Actually I am pretty surprised that a hotel of this stature does not have the facilities to accommodate its guests even at 100% occupancy. It is not an excuse!

Room Tip: Check if the hot water shower lasts for more than 10 minutes. Look somewhere else if it is fully booked.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear AnA582.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to detail your stay at The Manor at Camp John Hay.

It is regrettable to learn that you felt that our services are unreliable during the busy season, we would like to assure you that immediate improvements are expected as we work together to raise our service standards.

Ana582, it is never our intention to purposely inconvenience our guests but I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had.

We hope you give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and will look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Ok hotel during the low season when there are not too many guest. Horrible service during the high season. Staff needs to trained more in dealing with guest. Rude and inconsistent with hotel breakfast buffet policies. Shower advertised as having hot and cold settings and that's what you'll get- one moment hot the next cold. No breakfast included in the hotel rate. Too bad location is good but because of thus weekend's experience Manor will not anymore be my first choice when staying in Baguio.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear AlexCYap,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am very concerned to learn of the less than pleasing experiences you had during your stay and I can assure you that immediate improvements are expected as we work together to raise the standards our products and services.

AlexCYap, The Manor at Camp John Hay understands the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and we would want to apologize for disappointing you on this occasion.

Please know that we value feedback as it keeps us on our toes and enable us to provide the highest standard of service that our guests have come to expect of our hotel.

Thank you and we hope that this unfortunate experience will not deter you from coming back to The Manor at Camp John Hay.