“Loved the 1 bedroom suite”

The Manor at Camp John Hay
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Manor Hotel has that cozy log cabin feel. The lobby looked bigger in pictures but it was still really nice. Upon check in, they keep addressing me Mr. on cards and forms which was really weird. I was obviously female. One small thing that peeved me. Anyway, our one bedroom suite really surprised us on how big it was. Upon entering, there was a table and kitchenette on the left. Sofa further down and a balcony with a garden view. The garden view costs a little bit more but I think it's worth it to pay more. It's really pretty at night especially with the lights on. The room had 2 bathrooms, a lot of desk space, two big TVs. The room doesn't have an AC but you don't really need one, I don't know about summers though. They set up the extra bed which we joked look like a hospital bed and put a bed sheet on the sofa. It came with 2 complimentary bottle of water instead of 4, doesn't have cutlery in the room. The service is okay but their uniforms are nice. Some of the fixtures like the bath are not so new but the room is still lovely. Breakfast is not included so we had to pay for it separately. The buffet breakfast was good but not outstanding. The hotel had an off season deal that offered a 40 percent discount for the one bedroom suite. I've always wanted to stay at The Manor but it was a little expensive for me so this was the perfect opportunity celebrating a birthday with 3 other friends. The room capacity was 3 so we just paid extra for the fourth person and it comes with a bed. Internet is not free, we paid 150 pesos for 24 hours. The connection wasn't really fast. My friend broke a glass so we paid 75 pesos for it. We didn't bother to get anything from the mini bar. Overall, it was a really good hotel stay and I really recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room with a garden view and a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank funwithems

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Manor at Camp John Hay has everything you need, you can't get anything better than that! Checked into a two-bedroom suite, I can't even tell you how big it was in size, it was just absolutely enormous! The first room has a king bed with an ensuite bathroom and the other has two queen sized beds with an ensuite bathroom plus a guest bathroom complete with shower facilities as well. That's three in total. Then there is the dining area with a table to seat six people and a living room and small kitchenette, which offers a microwave oven, a fridge and a kettle. You also get two balconies that offer two different views of the hotel, which was really nice. Rooms don't have airconditioning though.

Room service was wonderful, had it a few times. Food was prepared with love, no doubt. Restaurant was wonderful as well.

The spa's facilites, most especially the sauna and jacuzzi was what I enjoyed most. Massage therapists are highly trained as well.

The ONLY and ONLY suggestion I would have is to at least have a room or bathroom heater to dry wet clothes most especially when Baguio's weather can be unpredictable during the rainy season. Plus, walking is popular in Camp John Hay and boots and clothes tend to get dirty and can be in desperate need of a wash. I understand that laundry services are available at the hotel but it's rather silly to have small things washed when it can easily be done in the comfort of your own bathroom. It's also nice to have a warm towel available after a shower. Overall, it can get quite cold and a heater can sometimes help.

The drive to Baguio was well worth it, looking to return again sometime soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kmgk
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Booked into the Manor for a short stop over on a Business trip, Very Impressive Place. Check in was quick and efficient, Room was Decent with everything you would need for a brief stay. The Hotel facilities are also very good, the Food and service are superb. Was amazed the Hotel rate was as reasonable as it was, as was expecting to pay far more for a Hotel of this Quality in Baguio. It is set in stunning grounds and the views are really beautiful. Baguio if you are not aware is at altitude, therefore the climate is much cooler which is a pleasant change for the normal hot and humid conditions everywhere else, it is not too cold that you need extra clothing, but very nice and comfortable. It is set in magnificent grounds which incorporate a lovely looking well-manicured Golf Course; I am sure separate reviews praise that also! Will put it on my list of things to do on my next trip. There is a large well laid out Breakfast Buffet where I am sure anyone will find food to their satisfaction, they will cook you omelettes eggs etc to your choice also. All in all a very pleasant stay in a nice Hotel would definitely stay here again without hesitation. It is a little remote, so you will need your own transport or book taxi to get anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank philctay
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had an unexpected trip to Baguio last week with my husband. We came in unprepared and wasn't able to book or check on hotel reviews that day, we were just lucky we saw Camp John Hay on the road signage and decided to try the Manors. The very first to welcome us are the valet staff, they instantly offered their assistance followed by their bell boys and security personnel. It was a great experience to feel how important guests are to them. The front desk officer was very helpful, she helped us decide which room suit us best. We decided to get the 1 Bedroom suite with view of their gardens, the room is very nice, clean and well maintained my only concern is the Air conditioning unit which upon consulting with them are not available in all rooms because of the cool climate, it was a disappointment at first because coming from Tagaytay where the weather is almost the same as of Baguio, it's been our comfort to sleep with AC's on... anyways, good thing the weather was nice and cool enough that day. Just hope by summer they will have AC unit.

Had a fantastic lunch and breakfast at their restaurant. Try their US Angus beef and Rack of Lamb. The breakfast buffet was great, not just your ordinary breakfast buffet, they also serve beef belly in (I forgot the sauce name), chicken, vegetables, fish fillet ... Early lunch for us!

The spa was okay. I love their chocolate bath and body scrub... was just disappointed with the foot spa... I could do better than that.... have to redo the foot spa on my favorite spa in Tagaytay though.

Overall we had a pleasant stay. Will definitely go BACK again SOON!

Room Tip: Love their 1 and 2 Bedroom Suite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GisselleDeLeon
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had so much fun. And we will always goin back to Baguio City.Its the place where u can enjoy and be away at the air pollution.All u can smell is all nice and clean breeze of Baguio City.The Manor is One of the quite and stunning place.So Lovable.

Room Tip: It would be nice if u will choose where the balcony is at the back,where u can see the beautiful vie...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarieRose09
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I miss Baguio always because of a lot of reasons, though the city has really changed a lot with so many houses and establishments....
The Manor is always a favorite place to stay when you are in Baguio because you get to experience the cool place, with the pine trees and peaceful and quiet ambience. Being at the Manor, just relaxing and enjoying listening to the local band feels so great, add to it the great tasting food especially at breakfast time. The staff are so accomodating, kind and warm. You feel the honesty they exude when they welcome you and when they greet and wave goodbye. Baguio pips are really like that....i know because i am a Baguio girl too...

Room Tip: Just ask a room you prefer and the front desk guys will give u the most available room u prefer...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tinadulay
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Visiting Baguio wont be complete if you dont visit The Manor. One of the popular, if not the Best hotel in Baguio. I love the old, rustic, log cabin exterior accomodation. Surrounded by pine trees and manicured gardens. If you want the quiet, close to nature, less crowded Baguio just like it used to then The Manor is the best place to stay. I love waking up in the morning and see fogs right outside my verandah, such a relaxing place to stay. The restaurant is very cozy and spacious, with a nice view of the garden. The staffs are very attentive and courteous. Wifi is fast, but you have to pay extra for it. Cant say much about the facilities though, when we visited the hotel in the midst of a tropical storm, we have to stay in the hotel and there wasnt anything much to do, they have a spa and a gym but thats about it. I wish theyd put a game room, library or an indoor activity area just to keep visitors entertained. I wish they also offer free shuttle services for guests going around Camp John Hay or the city, to make up for the limited facilities they have in the hotel. With regards to the hotel room, they still use keys not the electronic key cards where most hotels these days used. I stayed in a Deluxe Garden View and they dont even offer a Queen size bed for me and my partner despite the earlier notice. We have to squeeze ourselves in a Double bed. At night, the piano bar can be quite noisy. Our room is already at the furthest but we could still hear the bar singers from our room. There's no aircondition in the room, it was quite uncomfortable on some nights since coming from a country with winter season it gets quite warm. Food is pricey and nothing really special. I recommend this place to stay for an overnight or two, more than that it kinda gets boring. But if you have the money to splurge then this is the perfect hotel for you.

Room Tip: Pick the Garden View Room i think it has the better view than the Forest Rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple