“Big rooms”
Review of Summer Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Summer Place Hotel
Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Fortunately for us, we got our room at their Php988/night promo. Plus, when we arrived, our room was upgraded because the room we booked wasn't available. The room was spacious and so was the bathroom. Had nothing to complain about. However, maybe you'd like to note that I am a no fuss traveler.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 23, 2010

The Hotel itself needs a makeover and renovation and needs to be clean and sprayed because there are bugs and ants that greet us when we arrived on our first day. There is a funny stinky smell at the hallway, elevator and in our room. The room we got is big with the high ceiling, big bathroom. There is a view but unpleasant once you look down. The window had a screen but I suggest they should put some protection bars or something because its not safe if you are traveling with young children. The staff and receptionist are friendly and courteous, but some of the staff they had I think needs more training on how to have good customer service, they are courteous but they need more training on how they can convince a customer that this hotel is the best hotel in Baguio. The restaurant had good tasty menu. I like the location but I suggest that if you want lots of customer, give your hotel a makeover and spray it with freshener.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I was with my family and we were considering to book our friends who were coming here in Baguio for a vacation. So we decided to check the atmosphere / ambiance, the kids started to play around the parking lot and appreciate the flowers, suddenly we were approached by the Security Guard who maybe was instructed by the receptionist to ask us if we we're to book for the night, i answered no since we're still considering some other option. He suddenly told us we need to LEAVE IMMEDIATELY and we can't park because its a PRIVATE PROPERTY and we are not considered as GUEST(s)! What a JOKE! Then better yet close your hotel and place a NO PARKING SIGN and NO ONE IS WELCOME signage!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank vhinzmyk
Reviewed December 25, 2009

This was the first time that our families (together with my siblings and their families) spent the holidays in Baguio. Initially, I was trying to book a 3- bedroom suite in Baguio Country Club, Hotel Elizabeth, Manor, Burnham Suites. Unfortunately all these hotels were fully booked. So I ended up booking at Baguio Summer Place since it's the only hotel available with 3 bedroom suite and basing it from the internet, the hotel looked decent enough.. Although I've been to Baguio a lot of times already, I can't recall where this hotel is situated...Now I know why it didn't make a mark..it's because this place is such a TRASH!!!

From afar, you would already notice that the hotel is poorly maintained..building color is dirty cheap green. The 3 bedroom suite costs P12,300 per night, so we were expecting it as how it was described in the internet. Upon entering the room, it was very disappointing. There were 3 rooms, but there's one room that looked like a storage room with 1 bed and no window. The living room was very small to accommodate our big family. The other rooms were smaller than in the picture posted in the net. The linens looked stinky. So my sister and I had to go to the front desk and asked why the room that was given to us was very far different from what we saw in the net. Then they told us that they could give us the 2 bedroom suite which looked a little better than the first presidential suite..and since we were downgraded to a 2-bedroom, we were asking if we could get it a lesser price. They told us that all presidential suites, regardless if 1, 2 or 3 bedroom, cost the same - P12,300 per night!!!!! They even wanted us to charge for the extra beds that we were requesting.....so we had to haggle what we felt was due us.. So they gave us 2 extra mattresses without charge. But we decided to just cut short our stay to 2 nights since we felt we were shortchanged.

The staff were friendly though, but the reason why we're staying in hotels is to enjoy the place. Staff comes secondary...

We will never ever stay in this hotel again even if they offer 50% off. It's not worth a single penny..They should change the pictures in their website. I agree with all those who posted negative reviews about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Beng1973
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Summer Place Hotel in Baguio is tucked away at Marcos Highway, and its size is, at first, misleading, as the hotel actually goes down as well (the lobby is actually their 7th floor). But herein lies the problem. No one will explain this to you, and they have one of the world's most confusing elevators--to get to my 2nd floor room, I had to ride the elevator to 5th floor, get off, go on a winding path to ride a second elevator, and go to 2nd floor.

Upon reaching my floor, there is a wide hallway leading to the suites, but my room, which is an ordinary room (albeit still expensive), is hidden; I had to go on another winding path to get to my room. Outside, the halls smelled damp and old.

The room is cute, it had a nice shower. I was eager to get into it as I was tired, and when I did, I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out the hot-cold mix. Turns out you have to open it way high if you want a decent temperature. Coming from Manila, I naturally opened the heater only a bit, and I ended up scalding myself (open completely for right temperature; open a little for scalding hot temperature was the rule, which they later explained), rendering my fingers useless.

The telephone wasn't working, the front desk man was completely useless, but the guy who brings up your stuff and fixes everything was quick and efficient,

Nice view outside, nice garden and restaurant, but over-all, NOT recommended.

2  Thank heterotopic
Reviewed July 9, 2009

The building itself is not bad. The problem with this 'hotel' is the staff and their level of service (or lack of it). The staff runs the hotel in a most unprofessional and childish manner. It is really run by amateurish professionals if you can call them that.
Give it a miss. In fact there is nothing in Baguio worth visiting. The only attraction in Baguio is the cooler temperatures, a change from the hellish air temperatures of Manila.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Woodat
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Went to the Philippines with family as a getaway from all the work stress!! Overall experience was excellent- from the courteous staff, BIG rooms!, clean and comfortable. A plus was the view from the balcony.. Food was also good..a must try are definitely the cafe's local specialties.

A worthwhile stay indeed! Thanks for making our stay wonderful!

Stayed: March 2008